Update - Silent Installs

Legolash2o

There seems to be an argument about updates that should and shouldn't go into the Silent Installers. I'm open to suggestions but how about this solutions... If an update doesn't integrate, it THEN gets moved to the silent installers automatically. Until then, it will stay in the updates category?

But before it adds it to the silent it retries the updates at the end.

Yea,

The title say it: Whats about a Option that do retrying the "not integrated" updates after the integrating process is at end of list?

Example u have required updates for an update not integrate before the update, or some other way where retrying can be successfully.

What u think?

Greez

http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/11738-missing-function-retry-integrate-not-integrated-after-integrating/

Updates MS say didn't integrate offline should move automatically into silent-installer. the other who make eventually issues its the decition of the user. you should make something like right click on the specific update and there "Move to silent-Installers"

Yeah good idea! :)

Just may except for cab files, cuz they will show as folder then.

(Unfortunately, i dont find more the thread with screenshot)

Update:

May combine both solutions:

1. Integrating progress, - some updates fail to integrate.

2. At end WTK start another progress "retry integrate the fails".

3. At end WTK show the rest "resistant" updates they also fail in step 2.

4. User can (also before step 1.) right-click on an msi update and choose in context-menu "move msu to silent installers"

:)

Edited by BrokenZer0

Updates MS say didn't integrate offline should move automatically into silent-installer. the other who make eventually issues its the decition of the user. you should make something like right click on the specific update and there "Move to silent-Installers"

I'm on about during integration so a right-click option wouldn't work.

Yeah good idea! :)

Just may except for cab files, cuz they will show as folder then.

(Unfortunately, i dont find more the thread with screenshot)

CAB files got fixed ages ago.

Oh thats was fixed, didnt remember, allright :)

Okay, what happen if update install in silent-installer-stage fails ?

Im think about some "strange" updates, which may bypass both integrating-tries and may not work also as silent-installer...

Edited by BrokenZer0

I've just tested how many updates would work if integrated again. 14 out of 19 integrated fine even though they failed the first time round.

The only update that didn't integrate were:

KB2835174 - Polish
KB2737681 - French Enterprise
KB2855269 - Windows Server 2012
KB2882659 - WIndows Server 2012
KB2819745 - WMF 4.0

Thats good news. :)

Yay, i remember abbodi1406 said WMF 4.0 is not integratable.

May the local stuff is only for localized iso versions, and server for server, dunno.

Another: What u think how it would works for cabs?

My experience is, much cabs do not want to be integrated, but as msus works fine.

@Liam

the german updates kb 2823180 and kb 2533552 are not integreted, even if I place them in the sfx-section.

I've tested with the new 1.4.31 test 4 .

In the old version 1.4.27 there was no problem for this integration if I pit them in the sfx section.

Regards

@Liam the german updates kb 2823180 and kb 2533552 are not integreted, even if I place them in the sfx-section. I've tested with the new 1.4.31 test 4 . In the old version 1.4.27 there was no problem for this integration if I pit them in the sfx section. Regards

Hi Willy,

did you integrated it with the AddOnKopierer or with the section "SFX-Silent Installers of WTK?

I installed today (VM) with version 1.4.31.4 and your two KBs has been integrated without any problem.

Gruß, Thiersee

I'm on about during integration so a right-click option wouldn't work.

How about a right click to "move to silent" before integration has been started?

This: "Updates MS say didn't integrate offline should move automatically into silent-installer"

and then easiest thing i think would be a pop up after integration with options to "Try Again" "Move to Silent Installer" "Do Nothing" sort of thing would satisfy everyone.

Hi Thiersee,

no I didn't integrate it with the german addonkopierer, but like always, with the silent installers of the sfx-section of the wintoolkit.

My proggies I integrate with the addonkopierer with the OEM method in the 'sources' section I copy the OEM-folder which the addonkopierer has created.

Grüße (Regards)

Edited by pedilover

• 4 weeks later...

There seems to be an argument about updates that should and shouldn't go into the Silent Installers. I'm open to suggestions but how about this solutions... If an update doesn't integrate, it THEN gets moved to the silent installers automatically. Until then, it will stay in the updates category?

But before it adds it to the silent it retries the updates at the end.

Yea,

The title say it: Whats about a Option that do retrying the "not integrated" updates after the integrating process is at end of list?

Example u have required updates for an update not integrate before the update, or some other way where retrying can be successfully.

What u think?

Greez

http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/11738-missing-function-retry-integrate-not-integrated-after-integrating/

Offtopic: @Legolash2o: Check PM.