Win7 SP1 Ultimate x64 install size after win toolkit

barterguy

Hi all

Does anyone can tell me what would be the install size after remove components using win toolkit? (not RT7lite, just win toolkit)

I am not looking at extreme removal, I am just after removing some junks such as natural language and i tried using RT7lite which down to like 4.7 Gb and around 3.x Gb excl page file.

Anyone can share with me the experience on removal with win toolkit only?

Thanks

BG

Depend on how much you remove...

With RT7Lite you can remove to extreme decreased size, but u got probably errors on mass.

If i right remember with WTK and my "Zer0 v0.4.ini" the installation-size is 17 GB.

At the moment i work on a "minimum"-iso, i release infos then.

Greez

I just integrate full-updates, and then remove some.

Here in/with the file you can see what i remove for now:

If i right remember the full system size in a VM is 17GB then.

I think if you remove everything you can remove it can be 15 GB or some.

But its no recommend except you just wanna have a "bone"-system.

Example all red-entrys could cause problems..

Better to ask, whats your destination?

Thanks for the file

well my destination is keeping a functional windows which don't remove much except for (from memory)

a) natural language

B) language packs

c) drivers that not used

d) sample music/video/pictures/themes

e) back up of windows updates (which I will only do after windows has installed, not before)

Mainly, as my laptop SSD only has 128GB i don't want to have a 7-9 GB install when I really only need 3-4GB (without any integrations yet)

BG

Only 128GB harhar :D

Im working on a 60GB SSD, 45GB can be use from.

I recommend to use RT7Lite for remove not used drivers and update-backups.

If u integrating/install/add ur own drivers, so u can remove all drivers except usb and standard vga etc.

And my personal tipp - remove (complete) winsxs folder, u not realy need and it safe more GB, thats amazing. ;)

Others can be remove with WTK, and also recommend to remove other images except that u are use (example ultimate)

Probably u will just need 2GB or some from all.. but its hard progress to find out what can be removed.

Try out and install in vm, then u see the final image/system size. :)

Ok, let me re-crap

So basically what you saying is:

1) you recommend use RT7Lite to remove stuff, but not for integrating drivers and updates (which means I will need to use WTK for integration)

2) once integrated then can remove all not needed drivers

3) remove winsxs

4) and remove some other stuff using WTK?

Thanks!

BG

Yeah i would it make:

1. RT7L to remove uneeded lang/drivers and may other big stuff
I recommend, to use RT7L just for remove crap, if u after then rework with WTK on same image
For all other i recommend to make it with WTK, else it can cause errors cuz different settings and more.
2. RT7Lto remove winsxs
Strange i remember i can delete full winsxs, but now its not more it seems, so use any other tool.
The bone-way is: Mount the image and browse to folder and delete self, then unmount and save.
3. WTK for remove other
WTK is better for remove "little" stuff, but its safer then the RT7Lite progress.
4. WTK for make tweaks, settings, addons, iso maker, etc
5. Do drivers into a "drivers" folder on root folder of DVD image
WTK includes a RunOnceInstaller that start dpinst.exe that install just all missing drivers from this folder.

Personal Tipp:
1. Make for first a "driver-disk", remove all drivers except standard vga, usb and other "red-marked".
2. Do all your drivers (extract before, u will need folder with infs, not exes)  into the "drivers" folder.
Use sites like driverpacks.net and station-drivers.com for pick the best packs/drivers they u need.
For sure, this first one will be a big image, but is just for picking ur personal driver-collection.
3. WTK mount, save and unmount the image. -> This is need that WTK includes the RunOnceInstaller.
4. So, install this one on ur main System, all needed and best drivers will be installed then.
5. Use a tool to backup ur installed drivers, example DriverGenius.
6. Done: Now u have personal Driver collection.

This small/smart driver-collection u can use now for the Lite-Version in step 5. :)
(Remember this collection includes only drivers for ur personal system.)

Greez

Update:

I think i will make soon a turorial, all is include in my Zer0 Edtion.

Update2/Important:

Hv forgot, integrate with WTK just Chipset/HDD/Raid/USB3.0 Drivers.

They u will may need before uv install done, example USB3.0 for install from USB 3.0 Stick on USB 3.0 port (speed up much install)

Edited by BrokenZer0