[Solved] Big bug / problem in latest beta version with Alphawave's downloader

RicaNeaga

2878068 and 2896820 won't get downloded. This is because those files have duplicates. 

2896820 is in IE10 prerequisites (which I don't download), but also in IE11 prerequisites (which doesn't even show in the program's interface).

2878068 is in Hotfixes, but also in IE10 prerquisites. IE10 prerequisites  form extra somehow is viewed by Win Toolkit as a preferable location, and this hotfix isn't kept in Hotfixes main folder.

So you need to make some kind of rules, when a duplicate is found. To make some folders to have higher privileges somehow and keep those duplicate msus, while deleting them from not-so-important sub-folders.

This thread can be closed / marked as solved! After abbodi updated his xml lists, and eliminated all the duplicates, now everything is ok.

btw, I ran an extended test and downloaded everything with both Win Toolkit (latest beta build) and WHD 5.9, having the latest ''beta'' lists from abbodi. The results were identical!!!

So either we use WHD, either Win Toolkit, the same files are going to be downloaded. This of course is directly dependant to Win Toolkit having the latest .xml lists; right now, for example, this isn't the case, the .xmls that Win Toolkit downloads by default are january old ones.

I'm glad the tools are finally getting into sync.

This of course is directly dependant to Win Toolkit having the latest .xml lists; right now, for example, this isn't the case, the .xmls that Win Toolkit downloads by default are january old ones.

I assume that the most up to date lists will be in a defined location so that both tools will always be able to get them, and not have to be updated each month with the new location?  That would eliminate a way that the tools could get out of sync.

I would also hope that the locations that the downloaded files are stored are compatible with KUC.  That would make another tool that would be in sync for a unified set of tools that could be used to update your OS.

Cheers and Regards

Yep, I was going to suggest smth similar in a different thread. A unique location for the .xml files, to where abbodi can always upload those updated lists, would eliminate the risk of having outdated xml lists.

Oh, and komm's solution has almost nothing to do with WHD, except its ~ similar purpose, and having them in sync is almost impossible for various reasons, don't think it's worth discussing much about this as I don't believe in it / don't think has even the slightest chance of happening (for all, including KUC, to be somehow synced).

Again, Lego, if you are reading only this final post, also check my above post - this thread cab be closed and marked as solved :)

Nope , no problems / bugs, you can close it, as said above.

Only the included .xml lists are outdated / old, please update them, and maybe think of a way (consult with abboddi) so to always have them up-to-date, so you don't have to update your app montly. ;)

regarding this, I guess it kinda depends on how the lists are stored and the 2 programs retrieving it.

You can see this is an issue currently as WHD is reporting 64 Office x64 2013 updates while WTK is showing 63 updates but there's a difference of 8 files between them as well.

http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_QNEP8RAKhsVnoybE93OG02Ym8/edit?usp=sharing

I would have thought it'd be something like, the list was online somewhere, with a upload date/time marker or version marker and so the tool uses the markers to determine if update is needed or not and the downloads the list if it does.

regarding Kuc it works differently so there wouldn't be anyway for it to use the same folder.

Edited by spidernz