[QUESTION] Office 2013 Updates Integrated

David Phares

For office 2013/2010, you just need to chuck all the updates into the updates folder for office, when in installs it will include the updates.

See:

Son of a b,  that's so easy.  Thanks!  

actually thats completey wrong, yes upload all updates in the update folder but you need to extract each updates and copy over the .msp file and .xml files

on many files you will need to copy over -x-none.msp & -x-none.xml versions not just -en-us.msp or -en-us.xml

here is my working example

uvC9gwS.png

@Cipherfx2

I know a solution, but im sure thats not allow to publish here.

So i send u a PM there u can find a link to the AIO-Maker tool.

All Office 2013 Stuff (also project, visio, ect) u can find here;

http://heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/73-office-2013-direct-download-links?highlight=WyJ2aXNpbyJd

SP1 is out so you can remove all those and add just the sp

BTW you dont really need the xml files, also you need to keep the proof es-es and fr-fr

why keep the spanish and french files for proof ? i do not see this a a requirement to install update for proof tool

BTW you dont really need the xml files, also you need to keep the proof es-es and fr-fr

why keep the spanish and french files for proof ? i do not see this a a requirement to install update for proof tool

Each language version of Office 2013 includes proofing tools for a set of companion languages. For example, when you deploy the English version of an Office 2013 product, users receive proofing tools for both Spanish and French in addition to English.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee942198(v=office.15).aspx

Each language version of Office 2013 includes proofing tools for a set of companion languages. For example, when you deploy the English version of an Office 2013 product, users receive proofing tools for both Spanish and French in addition to English.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee942198(v=office.15).aspx

i am aware of that but what i mean is if i am only installing Office 2013 on 1 Laptop/PC not for WAN etc and only need english why would i need es-es or fr-fr

msp files, the only files i need are x-none, --en-us

the only problem i am having is have update kb2827227 in updates folder it doesnt install this update properly and windows updates shows it as not installed which is the proof-en-us.msp file needed so i decided to run this seperatly

Edited by Simon Hind

I actually took a few minutes to read the "about us" and what a great site they have... it is a little treasure chest for sure :-)

And a little "higher up" link - http://heidoc.net/joomla/ - highlights that you can find other legal Digital River downloads there of Windows 7, Office 2010, Vista, and more.

Cheers and Regards

@ Simon Hind

That's Microsoft way of do things and they sure have the reason. Think to corporations or governments that are in countries with more than one official language, they need this proof thing in all those languages. An example could be Canada where you run the program in English but you need proofing for French too. If you don't need them it's fine but...

Do this experiment: Take the clean Office install and extract from SP1 only the "en-us" and "x-none" files to Updates folder. After install it, visit WU for updates. There you go, more updates needed than the one currently KB2760587 offered after correct SP1 integration.

does anyone know why kb2850061 will not install from /updates on fresh install ?

which i downloaded from here

i placed both outlookintl-en-us.msp & outlook-x-none.msp in /updates/ installed Office on fresh install of Windows 7 x64 opened office and enabled updates for microsoft products, rebooted the PC and ran windows update and still it requested i install this update