Give me tips to slimming Windows 7

Cortland

OK. I chose to make a lite version of Windows 7 and below is what iv'e removed, nothing added in the image...

*AIO|v1.4.34.2|Wednesday 05 March 2014  12:46:06 AM#ComponentsCanada Local PackDVD MakerGreat Britain Local PackInbox GamesInternet ExplorerInternet Explorer TroubleshootersInternet GamesMicrosoft XPS Document WriterMusic and Video Examples (Ringtones)New Zealand Local PackPremium Inbox GamesRemote AssistanceSnipping ToolsSticky NotesTablet PC ComponentsTV Tuner DriversUnited States Local PackWindows Anytime UpgradeWindows Anytime Upgrade ResultsWindows Gadget PlatformWindows Media CenterWindows Recovery DiscWindows Sidebar KillbitsXPS Viewer#vLiteSpeech and Natural LanguageExtra Themes#OptionsCompatibility CheckCreate BackupsEnable CMDFailed Updates to Silent InstallersIntegrate 'HDC' Drivers (boot.wim)Integrate 'SCSIADAPTER' Drivers (boot.wim)Integrate 'SYSTEM' Drivers (boot.wim)Move Known Problem Updates to Silent InstallersPrepare DriversPrompt AddonsPrompt DriversPrompt GadgetsPrompt SilentPrompt ThemesPrompt UpdatesPrompt WallpapersRebuild ImageRetry UpdatesShow Browse DialogShow Duplicates

After creating the iso image it turns from 3.2gb to 2.90gb. So what else can be deleted to make it alot smaller, say around 1gb image im trying to get.

I'm not one to give you advice for removing things since I choose to remove nothing, but I'm curious.  Why are you focused on the size of the .ISO image, when I would have thought that the size of the installed image would be what is more important?  Win Toolkit, which uses the "official" DISM method to remove things, does not remove much at all from the .ISO, but rather just prevents things from being installed.  AFAIK, this still won't reduce the installed image as much as some other methods, but it should be more stable.

Cheers and Regards

I'm not one to give you advice for removing things since I choose to remove nothing, but I'm curious.  Why are you focused on the size of the .ISO image, when I would have thought that the size of the installed image would be what is more important?  Win Toolkit, which uses the "official" DISM method to remove things, does not remove much at all from the .ISO, but rather just prevents things from being installed.  AFAIK, this still won't reduce the installed image as much as some other methods, but it should be more stable.

Cheers and Regards

I have a small SSD so thats why i need it small and fast.

But again, it shouldn't matter the size of the ISO.  It sounds like a smaller install size is what you should be focused on, not the size of the ISO.  They are NOT directly related.

Cheers and Regards

Ok i understand. The original full installed size was 13gb, now 7.30gb. Pretty good so far.