hi all

TRSyntax

hi :)

i didn't see this thread till now. but this is me! i spend most of my time in front of my computer. i thought i had the genius idea of automating the install of windows, and then i found wincert. haha. i have thousands of ideas in my head mosly regarding windows general user interface and simplifing everything that has an extension.. :\ i'm currently working on my own "windows distro" or windows "service hack" if you like :P a never ending project i first started on in 06 or so in good ol' windows xp hehe. now it's windows 7 for the win and i think i'm a long way from done, so you'll all see me here quite often. when sdx.os finally is done i'll start the blog i was thinking about a couple of years ago and maybe tell all the things i waste my time on ^^, good plan. keep up with me and i'll stay for a long time bwahhaah. cheers!

However, if you plan to write a blog or tutorial how folks can automate their own installs, using sources that they legitimately own and have obtained through authorized sources, and using free tools such as Win Toolkit or WPI or tools or scripts that you write and provide, then that is perfectly alright.

Welcome to WinCert!

Cheers and Regards

I hope by the phrase:

my own "windows distro"

You aren't meaning to release or distribute it.

WinCert has a very strong anti warez policy and you will be banned for it.

i'm only going to release the "walk through" ;) when i said 'WORKING ON' and 'MY OWN' i never meant releasing anything at all (don't know how you concluded with that). i'm fully aware of what i'm allowed to and not. no worries :) all i'm going to release is my own software which is all released under GPL and freeware allowed to be distributed. i'm not going to make wincert look bad so you don't have to talk about banning me. thanks for the welcome ;)

Edited by Profess0r1011000

No worries at all.  :)

No accusations were made, just a general warning.  We have had a rash of folks, here and at other sites we belong, who seem to not understand the concept of copyright, EULA's, etc.  Since some of the sites, including this one, have then had to deal with anything from takedown notices to loss of advertising revenue as a result, I'm afraid we have gotten a little gun shy and sometimes err on the side of caution.  Please just consider it merely a reminder of some of the board policies in general, and not something directly directed at you, if it does not apply.

Thanks for joining and participating at WinCert.  I'm looking forward to seeing what other Switchless Installers you are able to share.  Thanks for posting the ones you already have.

Cheers and Regards

hehe. no problem. i would think you mods have seen your fair share of license ignoring people, but i can promise i'm not one of them. any copy righted piece of code on the www will never be abused by this guy. and there will be no "official" SDX.OS warez release from me, only guides and helping software to accomplish what i have figured out. in time.. haha :P thanks for the (now a bit more) warming welcomes. i'll see to that the releases keeps comming. have 20+ freeware apps and portable enjoyments for that first ramdisk i posted. they will come in time :) cheers!