rhahgleuhargh

[08 octobre 2019] Update list GDR pour Windows 7 SP1 x86/x64 (Fr-En-De-Es-It)

@pennsylvaniaron
I had a look on your .ini file. I suggest you to remove all the tweaks related to IE. I don't remind if tweaks are applicated before or after the update integration, so IE tweaks may block IE 11 installation if applicated first.
I don't think that modifying silent updates order will change anything since IE 11 is installed before applying silent updates and installers. You can let the KB order as it is from older to newer.
All the infos about KB2685811 and 13 are written in the tutorial: if integrated with other updates, they will appear twice in the installed updates, and the double ones will be removed at the first deep-clean. it's not the case if integrated in RunOnce.

Hi Ron,

I had today the time to test an english ISO.

I built Win7 HomePremium x64 in two steps:

Step 1: I integrated only the last WUD-UL (Convenience Rollup with RDP), under "Silent-Installers" only KB3177467, under "Options" your Options; no tweaks, no programs, NOTHING other!

Step 2: I integrated your tweaks (NO reg-files!), under "Silent Installers" just a Desktop-Icon to launch WPI.

After installing Windows 7 HP (VirtualBox) and rebooting I launched WPI and installed Telemetry.exe, NET-FW 4.6.2, Flash_ax_25.0.0.148 (generated with Flash_Silent_install_Maker_3.8 from @mooms) and my RAR-Updates-SFX-archive with KB2685811, KB2685813, KB3046269, KB2603229.

Result: NO issues, NO strange requests from WU, nothing else; WU requests only Silverlight, Defender-Definitions, Security Essential, Skype, Malware Removal Tool and the preview for the netx rollup (optional!).

I append some pictures to show that.

P.S.: please, check your private message in the next 20 minutes ;)

Ron_1.JPG

Ron_2.JPG

Ron_3.JPG

Ron_4.JPG

Ron_5.JPG

Ron_6.JPG

Ron_7.JPG

Ron_8.JPG

Edited by Thiersee

6 hours ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

@pennsylvaniaron
I had a look on your .ini file. I suggest you to remove all the tweaks related to IE. I don't remind if tweaks are applicated before or after the update integration, so IE tweaks may block IE 11 installation if applicated first.
I don't think that modifying silent updates order will change anything since IE 11 is installed before applying silent updates and installers. You can let the KB order as it is from older to newer.
All the infos about KB2685811 and 13 are written in the tutorial: if integrated with other updates, they will appear twice in the installed updates, and the double ones will be removed at the first deep-clean. it's not the case if integrated in RunOnce.

rhahgleuhargh I just want to respond to your post before I delve into Thiersee's post. I know one of my tweaks is to stop IE11 from bringing up the IE welcome screen when you start it. From memory that welcome screen starts every time you open IE11. That's why that tweak is so important. The other tweak is to turn smartscreen to ON. Does your IE11 do that?

regards...

@pennsylvaniaron

Sorry, I don't use IE since almost 12 years, I prefer FIrefox !

Here is the content of my tweaks.ini file (I removed the third party themes one because it caused some problems in my VMs), I don't encounter any problem with it :

#Tweaks
Add 'Take Ownership' to context-menu
Show 'Computer' on Desktop
Show User Folder on Desktop
Small Taskbar Icons
Remove Shortcut Arrow
Remove Shortcut Suffix
Show File Extensions
Show Hidden Files & Folders
Open NFO files with notepad

Just do a test without IE 11 tweaks to check if all is OK. If it works, and if you absolutely need IE tweaks, you can add a batch file at the end of silent + SFX program list to enable these tweaks.

Edited by rhahgleuhargh

4 hours ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

@pennsylvaniaron

Sorry, I don't use IE since almost 12 years, I prefer FIrefox !

Here is the content of my tweaks.ini file (I removed the third party themes one because it caused some problems in my VMs), I don't encounter any problem with it :

#Tweaks
Add 'Take Ownership' to context-menu
Show 'Computer' on Desktop
Show User Folder on Desktop
Small Taskbar Icons
Remove Shortcut Arrow
Remove Shortcut Suffix
Show File Extensions
Show Hidden Files & Folders
Open NFO files with notepad

Just do a test without IE 11 tweaks to check if all is OK. If it works, and if you absolutely need IE tweaks, you can add a batch file at the end of silent + SFX program list to enable these tweaks.

rhahgleuhargh just curious. IE8 is built-in to win 7. So if you do not integrate ie11 into your project then WU will eventually update ie8 to ie11. correct? I understand you don't use it but is that the way you do it? you don't integrate ie11? or you do integrate ie11 but then you never use it. you use just firefox?

regards...

@pennsylvaniaron
I allways integrate IE 11 (have a look on the tutorial which is my based on my configuration), even if I don't use it (except for WU catalog website before they permit to use the website with other navigators). The reason is because IE 8 is obsolete.

If you don't integrate IE 11 if I remember good, IE 10 is proposed as important update, and curiously IE 11 as optional update. But it seems logical to integrate the most recent version.

5 hours ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

@pennsylvaniaron
I allways integrate IE 11 (have a look on the tutorial which is my based on my configuration), even if I don't use it (except for WU catalog website before they permit to use the website with other navigators). The reason is because IE 8 is obsolete.

If you don't integrate IE 11 if I remember good, IE 10 is proposed as important update, and curiously IE 11 as optional update. But it seems logical to integrate the most recent version.

I understand.

however when I do NOT use my registry tweak this is what happens on VM. I open IE11 for the first time. I get the choice to choose msn or google. I make my choice, google. I then get a screen to choose recommended settings which I do. Then I open IE11 again and I get my home page which is google and a second page opens with an address of https://mybrowser.microsoft.com/iewelcome/v2?bpa=1 and that's what opens every time I use IE11, google and that page. If I was to RT. click on the IE icon in the taskbar while these 2 screens are open then only another google page will open (not 2). Very frustrating and I'm very surprised I am the only one reporting this. I'm using the same WTK, IE update (if English) and other updates as everyone else. Thiersee is helping me behind the scenes and may have some information. he is experimenting with the English version. I'll report back.

regards...

@pennsylvaniaron

In one hour can I give you an answer!

Edit 22:30:

the issue with the 2nd page on every IE-start disappear definitely, if you set the tweak "Tweaks/Internet Explorer/Disable First Run Customize" in WTK

Edited by Thiersee

7 hours ago, Thiersee said:

@pennsylvaniaron

In one hour can I give you an answer!

Edit 22:30:

the issue with the 2nd page on every IE-start disappear definitely, if you set the tweak "Tweaks/Internet Explorer/Disable First Run Customize" in WTK

yes Thiersee has fixed my issue of the IE welcome screen starting all the time. As he states above>>>> in the internet explorer tweaks section of WTK check the box "disable first run customize."

thx Thiersee for your time. you're a genius!

regards...

Update for .NET Framework 3.5.1
http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/updt/2017/04/windows6.1-kb4020513-x64_e4a8489586a75ed4f6878906417cc73673c8d091.msu
http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/updt/2017/04/windows6.1-kb4020513-x86_8b40f8108f94ef9b8fdd839d11936334258398b2.msu

It will be probably in the Rollup next week...

Source: abbodi1406, MDL, post #9988.

1 hour ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

@Thiersee

...and DNF 4.7 will be available too ! it needs a prerequisite, I'll have a look on it next week.

Yes, it's better to see next week if and what MS changes...

Because the prerequisite (KB4019990) seems to be necessary only if you use directly the NET-FW_MS-Installer :o!

If you use one of the repacks (Sereby, abbodi1406, Ricktendo) you don't get the error like with the MS-Installer (binding to D3DCompiler_47.dll).

This library is already present on the most systems in the related program-directories, because it's used by Firefox (& derivated), Thunderbird, AcrobatReader, IE, but just not in C:\Windows\System32, where the MS-Installer is looking for.....

Even if Version 4.7 is already installed by one of the repacks and you start the MS-Installer, you still get the described error!

KB4019990 writes the library under C:\Windows\System32.

6 minutes ago, mooms said:

Et bien sûr, fournir D3DCompiler_47.dll dans le setup de .Net 4.7  c'était trop compliqué pour MS...

Or to let the install routine detect, if already on the system....

Bonjour,

La KB4019990 pré-requise pour le DNF 47 contient D3DCompiler_47.dll à mettre dans system32 .
Cette dll est liée à DirectX 11 et est nécessaire pour WPF et c'est pourquoi je l'ai incluse dans mon SFX, bien qu'elle ne soit pas nécessaire pour l'installation administrative du DNF.

Plus de détails ici.

Merci de vos retours.

@+

Bonjour,

on utilise :

msiexec /A example.msi TARGETDIR=cible

et on obtient 1 msi et  les dossiers ProgramFilesFolder et Windows

@+

Edited by icare

@icare

OK, merci.

Just for other peoples:

If you install NET-FW with a repack (sorry icare I use that from Ricktendo ;)), the installation process runs without problems and version 4.7 is correctly installed, without KB4019990 too.

Some programs like Firefox, Thunderbird, AdobeAcrobatReader and IE have the library D3DCompiler_47.dll already in their program-folders or WinSXS (IE) and works without the patch.

Other programs, like the eco-driver (started with Windows and running on the background) for my laser-printer need the library in the folder "%windir%\System32": KB4019990 writes the library in this folder.

It means, always install this prerequisite, even it seems it's not needed.

Nice weekend.

A couple of days before the patch day MS is getting (and makes me) crazy, as usual :unsure:!

A security update for IE has just requested by WU: KB3008923 from 09-12-2014....

32 minutes ago, Thiersee said:

A couple of days before the patch day MS is getting (and makes me) crazy, as usual :unsure:!

A security update for IE has just requested by WU: KB3008923 from 09-12-2014....

I face the same issue here.

1 hour ago, Thiersee said:

same here, kb3008923 just installed. I see ricktendo's page has the new NFW 4.7 ready for DL (Thiersee TY for sending it to me prematurely:D), but ricktendo still has the wrong year on the file date. he's using 2016 instead of 2017. was wondering how we can get him to change that:wub:. could be confusing to new users.:blink:

regards...

19 hours ago, Thiersee said:

Hello, There is a good chance that this update won't be asked again after next Patch Tuesday. Let's wait !