Jump to content
rhahgleuhargh

[10 septembre 2019] Update list GDR pour Windows 7 SP1 x86/x64 (Fr-En-De-Es-It)

Recommended Posts

Quote

You can't put the .vbs script directly in WTK, you have to generate the .EXE first, starting eiter "For classic integration.cmd" or "For Convenience Rollup.cmd"!

What you see without extension is only the name of the SFX.

BTW, there is an "Instruction.txt" too....

Thiersee I read the Instructions.txt file but can't see how anything is generated inside the .7z file. I extracted the 7z file to my desktop in a new folder. I click on "for classic integration.cmd" and a dos screen flashes on and off very quickly. clicking on "7za.exe" does the same thing! I just can't figure out how to generate the "final" classic.vbs (or whatever) file into the silents for WTK...

regards...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pennsylvaniaron said:

Thiersee I read the Instructions.txt file but can't see how anything is generated inside the .7z file. I extracted the 7z file to my desktop in a new folder. I click on "for classic integration.cmd" and a dos screen flashes on and off very quickly. clicking on "7za.exe" does the same thing! I just can't figure out how to generate the "final" classic.vbs (or whatever) file into the silents for WTK...

regards...

In the instruction is exactly written, what you have to do:

Eventually edit the .vbs-file, if you need, and then

Quote

Execute the .cmd file corresponding to your integration method to create the silent SFX.
This SFX has to be integrated in last position in Wintoolkit "Silent install + SFX" section or via setupcomplete.cmd
 * Without argument : the script is launched at first boot (working Internet connexion is required)
 * With -ai argument : script is launched at the first reboot (working Internet connexion is required)

You don't have to unpack or start other files, the .cmd-file generates an SFX-file and this SFX you have to put in your RunOnce-section, nothing less and nothing more!

Edited by Thiersee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Thiersee said:

You don't have to unpack or start other files, the .cmd-file generates an SFX-file and this SFX you have to put in your RunOnce-section, nothing less and nothing more!

thiersee when I execute the classic CMD file nothing gets generated. I do not see any sfx file being created. where is this file created. on my system a dos screen just blinks, nothing created..

regards...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, pennsylvaniaron said:

thiersee when I execute the classic CMD file nothing gets generated. I do not see any sfx file being created. where is this file created. on my system a dos screen just blinks, nothing created..

regards...

In the same folder where the .cmd-file is!

Try to download the SFX-Maker again, unpack it in an empty folder, don't touch other files, only start the .cmd from this new folder, nothing more.

If you start the cmd for classic way you get a W10.exe, if you start for convenience rollup you get a rollup.exe.

Edited by Thiersee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Thiersee said:

In the same folder where the .cmd-file is!

Try to download the SFX-Maker again, unpack it in an empty folder, don't touch other files, only start the .cmd from this new folder, nothing more.

If you start the cmd for classic way you get a W10.exe, if you start for convenience rollup you get a rollup.exe.

ok got it. sorry for the slow understanding. the instructions just say that it creates an sfx, "Execute the .cmd file corresponding to your integration method to create the silent SFX." so BPHLPT was correct. I'm looking for a file with sfx in it. I understand when one writes a procedure or instructions which they are so familiar with, its inconceivable that others cannot grasp something SO SIMPLE. Thx once again for your time....

regards...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok giving up. its not that important. I did what you and the instructions say and when installing on vm the w10 file comes back with cant read sfx or not found. the path is definitely correct. its just FYI, I can live without it.

regards...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@pennsylvaniaron

Here are 2 screenshots : before running .cmd file (folder content after decompressing Hide_W10_KBs_Silent_SFX_maker.7z), and after running .cmd files : the Silent SFX are the .exe files (you don't need the .7z files, they're just a step before the silent SFX file). The icon specifies that they are SFX, you can't miss them. The only thing you have to do is to add W10.exe (classic integration) or Rollup.exe (Convenience Rollup method) in WTK installer list.

I deleted previous files containing the created SFX because some people prefer to edit themselves the updates to hide. It was simplier to just upload the maker with default .vbs files. If you don't need to modify the .vbs scripts, just launch .cmd file and you're done.

Image 1.pngImage 2.png

Edited by rhahgleuhargh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

@pennsylvaniaron

Here are 2 screenshots : before running .cmd file (folder content after decompressing Hide_W10_KBs_Silent_SFX_maker.7z), and after running .cmd files : the Silent SFX are the .exe files (you don't need the .7z files, they're just a step before the silent SFX file). The icon specifies that they are SFX, you can't miss them. The only thing you have to do is to add W10.exe (classic integration) or Rollup.exe (Convenience Rollup method) in WTK installer list.

I deleted previous files containing the created SFX because some people prefer to edit themselves the updates to hide. It was simplier to just upload the maker with default .vbs files. If you don't need to modify the .vbs scripts, just launch .cmd file and you're done.

Image 1.pngImage 2.png

I will try this again (after breakfast) because I am determined. It sounds easy and I believe this is my understanding. I download the 7z file to my desktop and extract all the files to a new folder on my desktop. I can either leave classic.vbs alone or right click on it and EDIT it. I can add other updates to hide in the list (now 0-8) with the same syntax. I then double click on classic integration.cmd which creates W10.exe in the same folder. I can now copy W10.exe to the folder of my choice and then when making a new iso have WTK add it to the silent list with the path to where I copied it (with no arguments) making sure its last on the list. That is what I did yesterday and got the error sfx can't be found or read. I ASSume this is correct and will try it again in a few hours. once again thx for your time.

regards...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@pennsylvaniaron

If you encountered an error it's maybe because the .vbs file was not edited correctly.

Spoiler

Dim hideupdates(8)    'TO ADD 1 EDIT THE (11) AND ADD another hideupdates(#)

hideupdates(0) = "KB2952664"
hideupdates(1) = "KB3021917"
hideupdates(2) = "KB3035583"
hideupdates(3) = "KB3068708"
hideupdates(4) = "KB3075249"
hideupdates(5) = "KB3080149"
hideupdates(6) = "KB3123862"
hideupdates(7) = "KB976932"
hideupdates(8) = "KB3173040"

Be carefull to modify the first number in line  "Dim hideupdates(x)" when you add updates to hide : for example, if you add 2 updates to the original .vbs script the "x" number must be 10 instead of 8.

Spoiler

Dim hideupdates(10)    'TO ADD 1 EDIT THE (11) AND ADD another hideupdates(#)

hideupdates(0) = "KB2952664"
hideupdates(1) = "KB3021917"
hideupdates(2) = "KB3035583"
hideupdates(3) = "KB3068708"
hideupdates(4) = "KB3075249"
hideupdates(5) = "KB3080149"
hideupdates(6) = "KB3123862"
hideupdates(7) = "KB976932"
hideupdates(8) = "KB3173040"

hideupdates(9) = "KB......"

hideupdates(10) = "KB...."

 

Edited by rhahgleuhargh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

@pennsylvaniaron

If you encountered an error it's maybe because the .vbs file was not edited correctly.

  Reveal hidden contents

Dim hideupdates(8)    'TO ADD 1 EDIT THE (11) AND ADD another hideupdates(#)

hideupdates(0) = "KB2952664"
hideupdates(1) = "KB3021917"
hideupdates(2) = "KB3035583"
hideupdates(3) = "KB3068708"
hideupdates(4) = "KB3075249"
hideupdates(5) = "KB3080149"
hideupdates(6) = "KB3123862"
hideupdates(7) = "KB976932"
hideupdates(8) = "KB3173040"

Be carefull to modify the first number in line  "Dim hideupdates(x)" when you add updates to hide : for example, if you add 2 updates to the original .vbs script the "x" number must be 10 instead of 8.

  Reveal hidden contents

Dim hideupdates(10)    'TO ADD 1 EDIT THE (11) AND ADD another hideupdates(#)

hideupdates(0) = "KB2952664"
hideupdates(1) = "KB3021917"
hideupdates(2) = "KB3035583"
hideupdates(3) = "KB3068708"
hideupdates(4) = "KB3075249"
hideupdates(5) = "KB3080149"
hideupdates(6) = "KB3123862"
hideupdates(7) = "KB976932"
hideupdates(8) = "KB3173040"

hideupdates(9) = "KB......"

hideupdates(10) = "KB...."

 

rhahgleuhargh I did the darn thing over again and same error, sfx not found or could not be read. I am not making any changes to the classic.vbs file. just executing the correct .cmd file from a brand new downloaded (post#1) 7z compressed file which as been extracted (as per your pics) into a separate folder. don't worry about it, its not worth the trouble, assuming no one else has the same problem. However, to make sure one last time!!!>>> the w10.exe doesn't have to be in its original directory where it is generated does it for WTK. Once its generated I can copy w10.exe to another partition and folder (where all my WTK file are). correct?? we are not copying the folder contents in wtk just the w10.exe file with no syntax. If the answers are YES then I'm giving up. Just trying to learn about this feature...

regards...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@pennsylvaniaron

Try to change the folder. Does the SFX work once launched after Windows installation ? If yes it's not an error due to the SFX, but to the link to folder where it is placed.

Here is a link to default W10.exe. Just extract the .exe file from 7zip archive. It is the one I use for my tests and it works. Try it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thiersee said:

@rhahgleuhargh

Could spaces in the path be a problem and, maybe, the reason for his error?

If I remember well, spaces in the path have been a problem in WTK in the past.

 

ok trying it now. first I'll use my own w10.exe file but put it on the desktop. I have my WTK files in a directory named d:\wintoolkit but thiersee brings up possible problem. all my silent in WTK path have a "space". they read d:\win toolkit\. they all get installed but maybe w10.exe is fussy? The path with the desktop does not have a space. if this doesn't work then I will try rhahgleuhargh's personal w10.exe file...

regards...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

@pennsylvaniaron

Try to change the folder. Does the SFX work once launched after Windows installation ? If yes it's not an error due to the SFX, but to the link to folder where it is placed.

Here is a link to default W10.exe. Just extract the .exe file from 7zip archive. It is the one I use for my tests and it works. Try it...

well method #1 failed. Putting it on the desktop did nothing. Same exact error. Now I will use your w10.exe file.

regards

Edited by pennsylvaniaron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

@pennsylvaniaron

Try to change the folder. Does the SFX work once launched after Windows installation ? If yes it's not an error due to the SFX, but to the link to folder where it is placed.

Here is a link to default W10.exe. Just extract the .exe file from 7zip archive. It is the one I use for my tests and it works. Try it...

well here's a new one. when trying to install your w10.exe file (last in silent), WTK just freezes. The green arrow just stays to the left of w10.exe. I went out to dinner and that was 3 hrs ago. Arrow still there. Its futile, but interesting to say the least.

regards...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

@pennsylvaniaron

Are you connected to Internet when you install your VM ? Because if your machine is not connected, the .vbs can't work.

Yes I am connected. In my silents I have 2533552, 2603229, 3046269, adobe reader, fp, google toolbar, mbam, ccleaner and NFW 4.61 slim.exe /y, then w10.exe. Everything installs perfectly except w10.exe (even using different folders). will try again with your script because I never saw that freeze before. what updates are you hiding in your script? could the 3 kb's installed before it have any affect?

regards...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@pennsylvaniaron

I just install KB2603229 and KB3046269 in RunOnce (I don't need KB2533552 no more as explained previously) and usually for my tests : icare's DNF461, MRT, icare RunOnce, and the script (W10 or Rollup depending the method). I limit the number of the programs to the strict minimum because it increases the installation process, and purpose of my test is just to check if updated ULs are correct. Updates hidden in the script are those by default (if you integrate KB2533552 you'll have to remove KB976932 in the .vbs script).

Just 2 tips :

- Beware to integrate KB3172605 that includes latest WU client, because the previous one induced some errors during the W10 scripts (too much memory used).

- I allways place all RunOnce programs in the same folder, so it's easier to add the next one in the WTK installer list.

About WTK installer : sometimes in the past I encountered some freezes with it, especially in x86, that's why I use setupcomplete.cmd method in this configuration. But (in my specific case) all is OK in x64.

I'll make a new test for the next Patch Tuesday with the new VirtualBox version.

Edited by rhahgleuhargh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

started making a CLASSIC 32 bit win 7 HP iso. On integration (7_22 UL) with 2670838 and 3020369 as prereq's, updates 2813430 and 2820331 make WTK fail. Are these updates supposed to be in prereq's or deleted or something else? 

regards...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I removed kb's 2813430, 2820331 and then it failed on 3149090. I ran it again with all 3 removed and SUCCESS. On the VM WU asks for 11 updates (2813430 and 2820331) are 2 of them. 3149090 nowhere to be found. passes sfc, all is good...fyi

regards...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, X-Force said:

....

KB3177725 replace KB3161664 (Only Convenience)

....

KB3161664 has been already replaced by KB6168965 on the last patch day in july.

BTW, on fresh installs (VM, Convenience Rollup) I don't have any uninstalled KBs; OK only KB2534111 ;).

Thiersee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...