[14 janvier 2020] Update list GDR pour Windows 7 SP1 x86/x64 (Fr-En-De-Es-It)

@Thiersee @icare

La mise à jour .net FW n'apparaît pas non plus sur le site du support de M$. Je pense qu'elle n'est pas encore prête et qu'on l'aura soit dans 15 jours, soit le mois prochain. Curieusement, le DNF 4.7 n'est toujours pas demandé par WU sur 10 1703 !

icare, avec ton installateur DNF4.7, je confirme cette KB facultative ne m'a été demandée sur aucune de mes machines virtuelles.

4 hours ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

Hello,

Upload ULs updates. I did not test this time because of the few updates that were replaced.

As usual my wtk session fails on IE11. I cannot understand why this happens. All prereq's and all updates get installed (convenience) method but ie11 fails and then naturally the new rollup also. I am not using 2533552 and 2685811, 13 are in silent. I also remove 3004375 (it was mentioned if one installs home premium_64). I always check delete old installers (sfx section). I am using fresh win 7 iso in new folder and wtk 15410.

are there any kb's that are supposed to be eliminated this month or any other ideas.

regards...

30 minutes ago, Thiersee said:

@pennsylvaniaron

Could be possible, that your IE11 file(s) are not OK, if you are still using always the same.

thiersee no not possible. when the new month's ul's are posted I delete the prior months msu's from the folder then DL all new msu's, including the English ie11.exe file into that folder. I have a very fast isp so it only takes 5 minutes or less.

regards...

ok total frustration has set in. I know that some of us do not use IE11 (english) in our iso's but I am at the point where I think there is a bug in the program, unless someone can pinpoint where (IF) I am going wrong.

Its all pretty straight forward.

here is what I do.

I get brand new win 7_hp_64 sp1 iso DL from heidoc. use wtk to extract it into new folder on desktop. copy autounattend.xml file into that new folder. start wtk and use last month's preset but leave UPDATES unchecked. (At this point the new UL's have been DL into a separate directory on partition D). I then add updates (IE11 first) then all the updates numbered 1 to 5. (using convenience method). I then remove 2533552, 2685811,13, and 3004375. my prereq's are 2574819, 2670838 and 3020369 in that order. in my silents kb are 2603229, 3046269, 3177467, 2685811, 2685813 plus mbam, ccleaner, adobe FP, reader, nfw 4.7 and (last) telemetry. then I start, name it and everything gets a green check until IE11 (black X).

maybe I am missing some prereq's for IE11? seems like easy peasy. hate to bother you guys but I just cannot see anything different than others who make the iso:(

regards... 

EUREKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've found it, or at least it worked by making this one change:

As I said I would take last month's preset except for the new updates,  then just add ie11 and the new updates into the new integration. The change I made was to remove just the kb's from the silents first, then add the new updates. WTK as you know will flag 4 updates with unknown issues (I think that's what it says). I check them all and they go into silents. I then remove kb2533552 and move kb2685811,13 to the silents and that was the "bug" so to speak. When it failed I remember while watching IE11 getting integrated, I would see it integrating the cab then hyphenation, then spelling then I think kb 3177467. This time no kb came along for the ride.

Hopefully it puts this issue which was "bugging" me:o, lol, to rest :D.

regards...

Edited by pennsylvaniaron
wrong kb #

@pennsylvaniaron

I don't really understand, what you have done and what was the reason for the issue, sorry!

I just integrated and installed (VirtualBox) Win7 HP (English) with absolutely no issues!

Did you set WUD in this way?

Ron_WUD.JPG.d5dae2b8f43ead604a2a6c0439f56025.JPG

With this settings you don't need to download all updates every month! WindowsUpdateDownloader removes automatically the older files (not listed anymore in the new UL) from your DL-folder; you need only to uncheck for example KB3004375 or other KBs, if you don't need them.

Of course you need a fresh ISO, but, again, you don't need to download it every month, the ISO does not change.

On 26/3/2014 at 0:17 PM, rhahgleuhargh said:

Capture d'écran des réglages optimaux de WUD, intégration classique.

Screenshot of appropriate settings of WUD, classic integration.

Classic.png

Capture d'écran des réglages optimaux de WUD,  via le Convenience Rollup Pack.

Screenshot of appropriate settings of WUD, via Convenience Rollup Pack.

Rollup.png

Spanish

Hola, les escribo para preguntarles que configuración de actualización puedo usar, solo quiero tener mi sistema operativo actualizado con las actualizaciones necesarias. Así que mi pregunta es esta, cual de estas configuraciones debo usar?  La configuración de la primera imagen o de la segunda imagen?

English (Google Translator)

Hello, I am writing to ask you which update settings I can use, I just want to have my operating system updated with the necessary updates. So my question is this, which of these settings should I use? The configuration of the first image or the second image?

Edited by Gotas

30 minutes ago, Thiersee said:

My opinion:

the second one (is faster because of less updates), but with the actual ULs, not from 2016!

With the latest version of the ULs that is the 8th of August, and using the second configuration, right?
Thank you.

I have another question, everyone. I have finally solved my problem with IE11 bombing on me and have been watching the integration of my updates very closely. After IE11 gets integrated then the proper monthly rollup (for august kb4034664) gets integrated. The bottom of the WTK screen lets us know what's happening with these integrations. Immediately following the monthly rollup WTK says "now integrating 4 unknown issues". It then integrates 2533552, 2603229, 3046269 and 3177467.

My question is this. I do not have 2533552 anywhere in my installation and 2603229, 3046269, 3177467 are in my silent list. why is 2533552 getting integrated and why are the 3 other updates needed in the silent list?

regards...

@pennsylvaniaron

2 hours ago, pennsylvaniaron said:

Immediately following the monthly rollup WTK says "now integrating 4 unknown issues". It then integrates 2533552, 2603229, 3046269 and 3177467.

If you use a preset, where this KBs are still there as "Known issues", they will be integrated, even if you put them under SFX too!

2 hours ago, pennsylvaniaron said:

I do not have 2533552 anywhere in my installation

Are you sure ;)?

Try once more the way described in the @rhahgleuhargh`s tutorial:

1) All the downloaded (actual UL!) KBs in a new folder.

2) Under "Options" check "Move known problems Updates to "Silent Installers".

Ron_WUD_Opt.JPG.11d76ad4fccdc90428b3c91ad40e6a39.JPG

3) Without using a preset import in WTK IE11 and all the KBs from that folder; you get this mask, check all and continueRon_WUD_SFX_1.JPG.aeffc5e124e2e36314a3b0721af3e256.JPG

4) Move KB2685811 & 13 to the "Silent Installers", the result is this one; do not put them manually under "Silent Installers" otherwise you have them twice!

Ron_WUD_SFX_2.JPG.d425cc0fa73db17e9e0758a6dc723800.JPG

5) Check the Update-TAB:

Ron_WUD_SFX_3.thumb.JPG.879e4848762329247eea1a1e262ef304.JPG

6) Save the preset for the next month!

2 hours ago, Thiersee said:

@pennsylvaniaron

If you use a preset, where this KBs are still there as "Known issues", they will be integrated, even if you put them under SFX too!

Are you sure ;)?

Try once more the way described in the @rhahgleuhargh`s tutorial:

1) All the downloaded (actual UL!) KBs in a new folder.

2) Under "Options" check "Move known problems Updates to "Silent Installers".

Ron_WUD_Opt.JPG.11d76ad4fccdc90428b3c91ad40e6a39.JPG

3) Without using a preset import in WTK IE11 and all the KBs from that folder; you get this mask, check all and continueRon_WUD_SFX_1.JPG.aeffc5e124e2e36314a3b0721af3e256.JPG

4) Move KB2685811 & 13 to the "Silent Installers", the result is this one; do not put them manually under "Silent Installers" otherwise you have them twice!

Ron_WUD_SFX_2.JPG.d425cc0fa73db17e9e0758a6dc723800.JPG

5) Check the Update-TAB:

Ron_WUD_SFX_3.thumb.JPG.879e4848762329247eea1a1e262ef304.JPG

6) Save the preset for the next month!

thiersee thx for the reply. I do follow exactly what you have shown. in options I DO have the box checked to move unknown issues to silents. 2533552 is 1 of the 4 on that mask list. after I move 2533552 to silents I then REMOVE it as per the tutorial (my choice). you see, using the preset was giving me that problem with IE11 failing. I was just leaving those 5 kb's in the silent list month after month and when the mask came up I did not check the kbs to be moved (because they were in silents already. Didn't make sense.) Doing it that way IE11 fails (at least for me, possibly a bug??)

So I changed my method. I still use the prior months preset but now my first step is to go into silents and remove the 5 kb's. Then I load all the new ul's updates and when I get the mask for the 4 unknown issues. I check them all to go into silents list. I then go to silents, remove 2533552, go back to updates, rt click on 2685811, 13 and move them to silents. I then position the 5 kb's in silents at the top before ccleaner, mbam, nfw etc. This method works flawlessly with IE11 getting properly integrated.

lastly, again, if those 4 kb's get integrated after the monthly rollup, why do we need them in the silent section? I will test now removing them from silents.

regards....

wrong kb #

Just did another test and confirmed that 2533552, 2603229, 3046269 and 3177467 not needed in silent list. My only kb's in silent list are 2685811 and 2685813.

after installing this iso into VM WU only asks for MRT and defender. I installed those updates and did manual check again and NO important updates. only 2 optional, 4032113 and 3102429. deep clean uninstalls 2534111.

regards...

@icare

Merci pour l'info. J'ai vu que tu avais mis à jour le DNF 4.7 Je ferai un test avec cette nouvelle version la prochaine fois !

@pennsylvaniaron

I'll check this when I'll have some time next week. I'm surprised for KB3046269 (not replaced in WU catalog website) and KB3177467 (this one solved the WU bug that made 100% UC usage when searching new updates). KB2603229 was needed only for x64. For KB2533552 you know the answer !

5 hours ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

@pennsylvaniaron

I uninstalled KB2603229 and KB3046269 in my virtual machine, rebooted: they are asked by WU. I left KB3177467 for the reason explained upper. These KB are still needed!

rhahgleuhargh I am NOT as versed as you and thiersee with using WTK and making the iso as you well know. All I can say when doing the English version (as thiersee points out) that after the new monthly rollup gets integrated in my system WTK then DOES integrate 2533552, 2603229, 3046269 and 3177467, even though they are not in the 43 or so updates getting installed. WTK shows this at the bottom of the screen where the integration messages pop up 1 after another. Since I saw WTK integrating them I figured why have them in the silents list, where I have removed them. Naturally it will save time when doing a new installation. 

It might be the exact steps I take using WTK and making a new iso???

As I said I use my prior months preset minus the new updates. Then when adding all the new updates from the NEW ul, a screen comes up with those 4 known kb issues. I check them all so that WTK put them in the silents. I do that so they do NOT get included with all the updates. I then go to silents and remove them. Maybe doing it that way somehow "tricks" WTK into integrating them somehow even though nowhere to be found?

What I am saying is that they are not needed in the silent list doing it this way. However they are still needed.

How that differs than just including them in the entire update list (by not checking them) I don't understand, but I was told from way back to have them in the silent list. Now that I have probably confused you, (sorry), please respond.

regards...

@pennsylvaniaron

No problem, for the fun I'll try an integration with an english ISO next week, I'll report the results. I suppose you are using En-us ISO ?

Usually I only use the steps explained in the tutorial, I don't record the settings in WTK (only my tweaks). concerning ULs, I keep previous downloaded KBs and only download new ones and delete automatically superseeded.

@Thiersee

Needed updates for non-english systems were usually those for IE11, but why not ? Answer next week.

Edited by rhahgleuhargh

8 hours ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

@pennsylvaniaron

No problem, for the fun I'll try an integration with an english ISO next week, I'll report the results. I suppose you are using En-us ISO ?

Usually I only use the steps explained in the tutorial, I don't record the settings in WTK (only my tweaks). concerning ULs, I keep previous downloaded KBs and only download new ones and delete automatically superseeded.

@Thiersee

Needed updates for non-english systems were usually those for IE11, but why not ? Answer next week.

Rhahgleuhargh I use the English ver of win 7, sp1, and the home premium edition. Might as well use that exact iso to hopefully, see what I mean. I really doubt that tweaks, files drivers etc will have an affect. Please use the CONVENIENCE method. Download the English UL's (ie11) into WTK.  Load IE11, then the remaining 40 or so updates. When the screen comes up with the 4 unknown issues, please check all 4 so they go to your silent list. Then go to your silent list and delete them. I then move 2685811, 2685813 to the silent list from the update list. then start your integration.

Please keep an eye on the updates getting integrated. after the last update, (the monthly rollup) pay particular attention to the area where WTK is letting you know which update is being integrated. When I use these steps WTK will say after the monthly rollup integration: integrating known issues and those 4 issues that you originally had in the silent and are no longer there get integrated. Hopefully same happens to you. If so then make your iso and test on vm. I always check INSIDE the WORKING folder that you extracted the iso to, for the folder that has the silent files in them and make sure the list in there is correct. sometimes 2533552 slips in somehow. 

regards...

@pennsylvaniaron

I did a test last night using English ISO from Windows ISO Downloader (homePremium), using eng IE11 installer (of course). I included all updates except the RunOnce ones (5-), moved as usual KB2685811 and KB2685813 in Silent+ SFX section, and used Telemetry script : KB2603229 and KB3046269 were asked by WU at first reboot (but only 740 Kb, so just a part is needed)... Curiously not KB3177467, but this one is needed once the others are installed (it was asked at the second round).

Edited by rhahgleuhargh