[14 janvier 2020] Update list GDR pour Windows 7 SP1 x86/x64 (Fr-En-De-Es-It)

25 minutes ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

Test en cours. La mise à jour d'IE 11 est maintenant incluse dans le Rollup cumulatif, reste à vérifier s'il faut d'abord intégrer l'installateur d'IE 11 dans une première passe avant d'intégrer KB3185330.

If I understood your text in the right way ;):

if I integrate IE11 without KB3185319 (update should be in the rollup) WU requests it anyway; it means it's needed.

Test in VM, x86 DE, the two rollups as RunOnce, KB3175024 & KB3178034 (from deep clean) not integrated; KB3185278 & 3145739 has not been uninstalled on my previous test.

BTW, after restart (following the installation) the two rollup have the state "pending" under "installed update" (better "Updateverlauf", sorry) and I need an extra reboot, to get them with the state "successful".

@Thiersee

IE KB3185319 has been theorically superseeded by Security Monthly Quality Rollup KB3185330 (more info about this new update method here). And if you want IE 11 updated by the rollup, you'll need to integrate it first (as it's the case for XP Mode with Convenience Rollup Pack). The problem is that Wintoolkit integrates IE at last after all updates. So you have 3 solutions :

- A first pass integrating just IE 11 and then integrate all updates (process will be longer since .Wim file will be mounted/unmounted 2 times).

- Integrate KB3185330 in RunOnce updates (I don't like this)

- Rename KB3185330 "IE KB3185330" so you can integrate all updates in one pass and save your time. But it's quite confusing, I haven't tested yet and I'm not sure if Wintoolkit will handle this.

At this time I made 2 tests : usual integration --> a part of KB3185330 is asked. With method 1 --> KB3185319 is asked (so it seems that you're right, it's still needed) and a part of KB3185330. I follow my tests in x86, hope I'll have the solution tomorrow (next step : IE 11 + KB3185319 and all updates in an other pass).

EDIT : it works integrating KB3185330 renamed IE KB3185330 after IE 11 and KB3185319 with method 3. I'm testing now x64 version.

Edited by rhahgleuhargh

1 hour ago, pennsylvaniaron said:

maybe Liam can update WTK to handle this issue? I (we) can contact him to see if he has some spare time...

regards...

I don't believe this, Liam didn't change WTK since July 2015...

Be happy and work with this solution and the last WTK 1.5.4.4.

Edited by Thiersee

I got problems on updating 2 work-systems, not based on KB3125574 (it was released after I installed the systems):

installing KB3185330 it say "successful", but then on "Windows configuring" after rebooting the update will be taken back and the previous state will be restored; in the update-history is marked as "not successful".
In the update-history I saw that the september-rollup KB3185278 was "not successful" too.
I tried to install KB3192391 (Monthly Security only) with no issues, but KB3185330is still requested.

Now I do not trust myself to update the three PC I have in Italy......

Hello,

Le test des ULs est presque fini, je vais uploader cela dans la soirée, vérifiez la date du premier post. Les tutos sont mis à jour aussi

Le Security Quality Monthly Rollup sera placé dans la catégorie IE 11 qui est renommée par l'occasion, cela permet de l'intégrer après l'installateur d'IE 11 (de toute façon, le Rollup contient les mises à jour pour IE 11).

La mise à jour cumulative précédente d'IE 11 KB3185319 est toujours demandée par WU bien qu'obsolète (credits abbodi1406), je la laisse donc dans l'UL tant que la base de donnée de WU ne sera pas mise à jour.

I'll upload updated ULs in a few moment, check first post. tutorials are updated too.

Security Quality Monthly Rollup is placed in IE 11 category (renamed) so it will be integrated after IE 11 setup file. Previous IE cumulative update KB3185319 is still asked by WU, I let it in ULs until WU database will be updated (credits abbodi1406).

hello, at this juncture can anyone give me a complete list of updates that should be hidden using the convenience method for a win 7_64 home premium install inside the rollup.exe file in sfx. I have only started using the convenience method since 09/2016. I remember there were some NFW 3.1 security updates being asked for by WU when I made my ISO last month. I didn't use the rollup.exe file last month. thanks in advance.

also not to be picky but the date on the latest UL (thank you rhahgleuhargh) is 11/10/16. Being from the states this looks like November 10, 2016 but as we know its for October 11, 2016. Is that date configuration the international style. Just saying because someone new to the blog might get confused.

regards...

@pennsylvaniaron

For the list of hidden updates, you could just extract the .vbs file from the rollup.exe file (freeware 7zip can handle this), right-click on it and select "edit".

The .Net FW hidden KBs are KB2446710 and KB2478662. The other updates are common with classic integration : KB2952664, KB3021917, KB976932 (for KB2533552), KB3068708 and KB3080149.

You can run rollup.exe or W10.exe in an installed system without any problem.

For the date, I understand the problem, but since it's the french section of the forum, I'll keep french system dating ! I allways edit the complete date in title of the first post, so everybody, even new members, will understand. Predictions for november updates are easy : a new Monthly Rollup and certainly new bugs !:P

rhahgleuhargh just to clarify. Using the convenience method, when I edit the rollup.vbs file I understand that the 2 NFW updates (kb2446710 and kb2478662) are to stay untouched in the file but do I delete the other 5 or just leave the file as is with all 7 updates hidden?

regards...

@pennsylvaniaron

I'm not sure to fully understand what you want to do.

If you want to only hide superseeded updates asked by WU and keep telemetry updates, just edit the .vbs file and keep KB2446710, KB2478662, and KB976932 (don't forget to change the number at the top of the list). Or just hide them manually at your first WU check (right-click).

If you want to hide other telemetry and Windows upgrade related updates updates too, just let the file as it is. The operation is fully reversible, you can unmask the hidden updates when you go to WU.

Rollup.exe was specially created for Convenience Rollup integration method.

NB : I've edited the date in the first post with the complete month name.;)

Edited by rhahgleuhargh

10 hours ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

@pennsylvaniaron

I'm not sure to fully understand what you want to do.

If you want to only hide superseeded updates asked by WU and keep telemetry updates, just edit the .vbs file and keep KB2446710, KB2478662, and KB976932 (don't forget to change the number at the top of the list). Or just hide them manually at your first WU check (right-click).

If you want to hide other telemetry and Windows upgrade related updates updates too, just let the file as it is. The operation is fully reversible, you can unmask the hidden updates when you go to WU.

Rollup.exe was specially created for Convenience Rollup integration method.

NB : I've edited the date in the first post with the complete month name.;)

Rhahgleuhargh I successfully created a win 7_64 home premium iso using the 10_11_16 convenience UL, placing all the updates as per the tutorial. I also ran the rollup.exe in sfx as is with 7 hidden kb's. after install on VM WU reports 3 updates, defender, MRT and for some reason kb2813347 which is from 2014. Subsequent manual WU reports no new updates. Deep clean uninstalled kb's 2534111, 2685811, 2685813, 3004375.  SFC passes. No hiccups!

regards...

4 hours ago, pennsylvaniaron said:

and for some reason kb2813347 which is from 2014

This is a common-update for RDP 8.1, may be you didn't select it.

Deep clean uninstalled kb's 1) 2534111, 2) 2685811, 3) 2685813, 4) 3004375.  SFC passes. No hiccups!

1) This is normal: KB2534111 is the only update from an old Win7-ISO to the Win7-ISO Refresh (actual) you used; is not necessary anymore with convenience rollup.

2) & 3) Is for NET-FW: you can move/integrate them under RunOnce

4) Not necessary for HomePremium; if you build an ISO only for HomePremium, don't select it.

BTW, Liam released a newer build of WTK: 1.5.4.5!

Edited by Thiersee

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:31 PM, Thiersee said:

I don't believe this, Liam didn't change WTK since July 2015...

Be happy and work with this solution and the last WTK 1.5.4.4.

I thought it might help if Liam got involved so I sent him an email concerning these update issues. As usual Liam answered the plea, taking time from his very busy schedule to help us out. Once again THANK YOU LIAM!

regards....

3 hours ago, Thiersee said:

@rhahgleuhargh

Have a look to this thread, Liam has released a new build of WTK (1.5.4.6)!

With this build some parts of the tutorial is not needed anymore (page 6 and a part of page 7); renaming the last rollup KB3185330 in IE11-XXXX is not necessary anymore too.

Regards, Thiersee

now that a TEST build 1.5.4.6 has been released what's the new procedure as far as prereq's, sfx updates etc. How has the new version affected the UPDATES integration of a convenience iso build?

regards...

4 hours ago, Thiersee said:

@rhahgleuhargh

Have a look to this thread, Liam has released a new build of WTK (1.5.4.6)!

With this build some parts of the tutorial is not needed anymore (page 6 and a part of page 7); renaming the last rollup KB3185330 in IE11-XXXX is not necessary anymore too.

Regards, Thiersee

Arrrrrggggghhhhh !!!!!!:D

@pennsylvaniaron

I just made a test with latest beta : all problematic updates are now moved automatically in the good category. ULs are OK, even with KB3185330 renamed as IE-KB3185330 (WTK recognises KB number, not the prefixes that are just here to provide the correct integration order). I'll just change the name of this update in ULs but it's not necessary to redownload them. At this time I'll keep Quality Monthly Security Rollups in the same category of IE updates, in the future both common and classic categories will progressivelly disappear.

But I'll need to reupdate tutos !

Edited by rhahgleuhargh

@tous,

ULs reuploadées maintenant que la dernière mouture de Wintoolkit prend correctement en charge les mises à jour problématiques.

Pour ceux qui ont téléchargé la version d'hier, pas la peine de le refaire, la version précédente fonctionne aussi. Renommez simplement IE11-Windows6.1-KB3185330-.msu en 4-Windows6.1-KB3185330-.msu

I just did a small test using the latest wtk beta 1.5.4.6. I just wanted to load all the Convenience UL's into WTK to see what Liam did for us. Wow what a pleasure. All updates go exactly where they belong, prereq's, ie11, and SFX. No more hunting and pecking. Makes life a lot easier!

I noticed that the list of updates (after the prerequisites) is in KB# order (lower to higher). From recollection I believe WTK installs them in that order (kb3125574 is in middle). Does that matter?

On another subject. I noticed in the rollup.vbs file the syntax says dim hideupdates (7). rhahgleuhargh in a reply post to me said if you add or subtract an update to change this number. in the downloadable rollup.vbs file the first hideupdate is (0) and goes to (7). Isn't that 8 updates to hide and therefore shouldn't the (7) be (8)? Just trying to learn. thx...

regards...

Edited by pennsylvaniaron
another issue

@pennsylvaniaron

the number in the (x) has to be the same as the last update included in the list. You can edit the list and add the updates that you want. The (0) counts as the first update, so when you have to hide a total of 10 updates, the number in the (x) should be (9)

Ex : for classic integration.vbs

Spoiler

Dim hideupdates(4)    'TO ADD 1 EDIT THE (11) AND ADD another hideupdates(#)

hideupdates(0) = "KB2952664"
hideupdates(1) = "KB3021917"
hideupdates(2) = "KB3068708"
hideupdates(3) = "KB3080149"
hideupdates(4) = "KB976932"

Ex : for rollup.vbs

Spoiler

Dim hideupdates(6)    'TO ADD 1 EDIT THE (11) AND ADD another hideupdates(#)

hideupdates(0) = "KB2952664"
hideupdates(1) = "KB3021917"
hideupdates(2) = "KB2446710"
hideupdates(3) = "KB2478662"
hideupdates(4) = "KB976932"
hideupdates(5) = "KB3068708"
hideupdates(6) = "KB3080149"

Concerning the KB order : since the sequence of 2,- 3-, and 4- is respected, no matters. I don't know if the sequence is correctly handled when you remove the numbers before, since it works like this I didn't test it. Since I need to keep both classic and Rollup integration method updates for my tests, keeping the numbering makes my life easier.

Edited by rhahgleuhargh

4 hours ago, mooms said:

UL tested the latest x64 with the convenience rollup + RDP + VBS on Windows 7 x64 Pro (WTK and 1.5.4.7):

No priority upd except Windows Defender.

In optional upd I KB3102429

Same exact results here except making win 7_64 HOME PREMIUM iso.

I do have a question (again, sorry) about the deep clean results. 2685811 and 2685813 both get uninstalled with deep clean. my question is if I don't include them in the wtk update integration, then they are asked for by WU after iso installation. but if I do include them they get uninstalled by deep clean. So why the installation then uninstallation??

regards...