[14 janvier 2020] Update list GDR pour Windows 7 SP1 x86/x64 (Fr-En-De-Es-It)

@pennsylvaniaron

My older AMD-CPU is a Turion X2 64bit (2007! :D): with this CPU I must use dec-UL (without KB4056894), otherwise windows does not start anymore!

With the next older CPU (AM3 Phenom II, all 4 cores enabled) no problem.

With FM2/FM2+ no problems too.

About the reg-patch:

it is related to the antivirus you are using; if you use MicrosoftSecurityEssential this reg-key is present in the registry after installing MSE.

@pennsylvaniaron

1- the .reg key is just to allow you to obtain the january patch for a non-updated machine. Most antiviruses are now updated and include the key in their updates.

2- you can activate the .regkey, if WU dectects your AMD processor it will install all fixes automatically, or nothing until next Update Patch.

To sum up:

• The reg key is only needed for those who don't have any antivirus.
  • The January patch will not install if an incompatible AMD CPU is detected.
  • According to Thiersee, integrating the January patch will make Windows unbootable for older AMD CPU, so the safe way is to not integrate it at all, use the December UL, or wait for February patch that should fix the issue.

12 minutes ago, mooms said:

To sum up:

• The reg key is only needed for those who don't have any antivirus......

Curious: just MSE installs this reg-key....

I was monitoring the registry during install of at least 10 VMs and exactly after MSE-Installation was finished, this key appeared in the registry.

I use malwarebytes and did some testing. I had been using v.2.2.1.1043. I have that version updated to the lastest MBAM updates and it does NOT add the registry key. No jan. updates came through WU. I then updated malwarebytes to v.3.3.1.2183 re-booted and the January updates 4056894 and 4055532 ARE available. also available in OPTIONAL updates is the preview of monthly quality rollup kb4057400.

fyi...

regards...

8 hours ago, Jan Krohn said:

Guys,

May I politely ask you to continue any discussion that's not in French in the appropriate sub forum? I've already received a complaint.

Thanks so much!

Jan

Hi Jan,

sorry, but which sub-forum would you propose for the update-lists?

This matter exists since 2014 as @rhahgleuhargh continued the work of @mooms if I remember well and it was from the beginning in French and English.

Sometimes I got an admonishment, because I answered in Italian and English to an Italian User and appended the translation in English: I was told the admitted language is French, but English is permitted too, if the user does not speak French.

Given the history of this thread, it makes little sense to split off the English discussion indeed.

I've dealt with it otherwise, and removed the complainant from this topic. If he so wishes, he can re-subscribe under the condition, that he will then be notified about new posts in any language, just as before.

Maybe we could create an "international version" of the topic and keep english message there, but it's ultimately the choice of rhahgleuhargh, since it's the author of the topic, and it will be more work for him, sine it will have to update and maintain two topics.

Or maybe someone can volunteer to create one (and update it when rhahgleuhargh update this one) ?

Hi,

I'm surprised that someone complained. And I don't think he/she is one of regular people writing here and helping me to improve the job (all of them can write in english). To my opinion, people complaining without helping should stay quiet.

Most of important posts are translated in French and English, so everybody can find the infos. Half of people reporting bugs or interesting things are not french, so no matters (at least to me) to answer in english. If you prefer you can move the post in International section (but in this case, french people won't be happy !). Create an english and a french topic is a little bit complicated since we'll miss some things. Or you can move this topic in International section specifying that people can write in english or french.

Je suis surpris que quelqu'un se soit plaint. La moitié des gens qui aident à maintenir ce topic ne sont pas français, et leurs remarques/infos sont très utiles. Je ne pense pas que cette personne soit l'une des habituées de ce forum, car la plupart des francophones d'entre nous écrit aussi en anglais. Donc celui/celle qui râle ferait mieux de se taire. On peut très bien déplacer ce topic dans la section internationale, mais dans ce cas, on ne pourra plus écrire en français ! Créer un topic séparé va compliquer l'affaire, on risque de perdre des infos utiles. A moins d'autoriser explicitement l'écriture en français et en anglais dans ce topic international ?

Edited by rhahgleuhargh

What am I missing here? I use both IE11 and google chrome which translate when you fellows write in French to English. I can't understand a word of French. Why is this an issue? I actually didn't want to write this post and debate this in this blog which should be reserved for it's intended title. Hopefully if after a few posts (if any) it's put to bed.

In addition whatever happens thank you rhahgleuhargh for ALL your efforts and hard, diligent work. And that goes for MANY others. You know who you are!

regards...

Edited by pennsylvaniaron

The complaint came through the spam feedback loop via Microsoft/Outlook.com. I've just noticed that he (or she) also complained about a few French language posts, not only the English ones - not to the moderators, not to me, but straight to Microsoft, accusing us of sending spam instead of just unsubscribing from the topic that he himself once actively subscribed to. When I'm thinking about it once more now, that kind of behaviour deserves at least a double facepalm.

The only sensible thing to do was removing the person from this topic. The issue should be solved now.

Thanks for your great work! I don't think we need to change anything about the thread.

7 hours ago, Jan Krohn said:

The complaint came through the spam feedback loop via Microsoft/Outlook.com. I've just noticed that he (or she) also complained about a few French language posts, not only the English ones - not to the moderators, not to me, but straight to Microsoft, accusing us of sending spam instead of just unsubscribing from the topic that he himself once actively subscribed to. When I'm thinking about it once more now, that kind of behaviour deserves at least a double facepalm.

The only sensible thing to do was removing the person from this topic. The issue should be solved now.

Thanks for your great work! I don't think we need to change anything about the thread.

Cheers!

regards...

Bonjour,
résultats de quelques tests x64 Home Premium sur une partition formatée :

En l'absence de la clé de registre nécessaire depuis ce mois, le résultat donné par WU est incohérent.
Avec la clé de registre tout se déroule bien avec 3 remarques sur 'lUL de janvier :
la KB3004375 est à mettre avec les versions Pro
la KB4040980 a bien été remplacé par la KB4054988
la KB3150513 est manquante dans la catégorie W10

J'ai donc rajouté la clé de registre dans mon SFX PackRunOnce qui est maintenant international.

Autres remarques :
Pour le DNF 4.x, c'est désormais uniquement le 4.7 qui est proposé.
L'installation de MSE ajoute bien la clé de registre.
L'installation de MSE active MU automatiquement sans aucune installation préalable.

@+

@icare

Merci pour ton retour !

Effectivement, sur une installation fraîche sans MSE, la clé ne s'installe pas. J'ajouterai le fichier .reg sur le premier post pour ceux qui n'utiliseraient pas ton SFX RunOnce (je l'utilise depuis toujours).

KB3004375 est bien dédiée aux versions pro mais comme elle est aussi nécessaire avec l'installation via le CR, je l'ai copiée également dans la catégorie Common (sur une installation via la méthode classique 2 autres mises à jour sont nécessaires pour les versions Pro Ultimate et Enterprise).

J'ai déjà viré KB4040980 de la prochaine version de l'UL suite aux infos d'abbodi1406

Je rajouterai KB3150513 dans la catégorie W10. Je ne me rappelle pas qu'elle m'ait été demandée avec le script pour masquer les mises à jour de télémétrie, je vérifierai.

23 minutes ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

Je rajouterai KB3150513 dans la catégorie W10. Je ne me rappelle pas qu'elle m'ait été demandée avec le script pour masquer les mises à jour de télémétrie, je vérifierai.

KB2952664 is a prerequisite for the installation of KB3150513, have a look here, so if KB2952664 has been masked out...

@icare

58 minutes ago, icare said:

la KB4040980 a bien été remplacé par la KB4054988

If I remember well, I had requests (Older patches) from WU if KB4040980 has not been installed; anyway I'll do a new test without this KB.

BTW: what is MU? Is the same as WU?

4 hours ago, Thiersee said:

If I remember well, I had requests (Older patches) from WU if KB4040980 has not been installed; anyway I'll do a new test without this KB.

BTW: what is MU? Is the same as WU?

Either I do not remember well :D or I had the first release of KB4056894 in the integration (the KB has been released three times!).

Anyway, the test was now positive (no issues or requests from WU).

• 3 weeks later...

Merci rhahgleuhargh.

Est-ce que quelqu'un sait si la clé de registre nécessaire depuis janvier pour avoir les maj proposées sur un système installé est aussi nécessaire sur une image avec les maj de février intégrées ?

Oui je pense aussi.

Voici la clé au format cmd pour ceux qui préfèrent:

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\QualityCompat" /f /v "cadca5fe-87d3-4b96-b7fb-a231484277cc" /t REG_DWORD /d 0