[14 janvier 2020] Update list GDR pour Windows 7 SP1 x86/x64 (Fr-En-De-Es-It)

24 minutes ago, pennsylvaniaron said:

... the correct placement of kb4019990 should be the last msu on the integration list (convenience) right before IE11. It should be renamed 4-windows6.1-KB4019990-x64.msu

You don't need to rename it ^_^, you can import it manually and move it at the end of the list in WTK.

I think @rhahgleuhargh will not put this KB in his UL, because it belongs to NET-FW (4.7, optional) and not to Windows.

9 hours ago, Thiersee said:

You don't need to rename it ^_^, you can import it manually and move it at the end of the list in WTK.

I think @rhahgleuhargh will not put this KB in his UL, because it belongs to NET-FW (4.7, optional) and not to Windows.

Exactly !:) And if I understand good, this KB is useless when you use a repack (ie. icare's file).

Edited by rhahgleuhargh

2 hours ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

.... And if I understand good, this KB is useless when you use a repack (ie. icare's file).

You didn't, sorry!

It's useless for the installation of NET-FW 4.7, but NOT for the installation of those programs (I read about PDF-Creator, for example) not having the library in their install-folder and looking for that under "%windir%\System32" (KB4019990 writes there the library).

8 hours ago, Thiersee said:

You didn't, sorry!

It's useless for the installation of NET-FW 4.7, but NOT for the installation of those programs (I read about PDF-Creator, for example) not having the library in their install-folder and looking for that under "%windir%\System32" (KB4019990 writes there the library).

OK ! Sorry all my real machines were upgraded to Windows 10, so I can't test 7 with other programs !

2017-05 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 (KB4019264)  --> replaces KB4015549

May, 2017 Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2 on Windows 7 (KB4019112)  replace KB4014981

--> KB4014504 replaces KB4014565 for .Net 3.5.1

and finally KB3008923 wellcome :-)

@X-Force

Same result here in x64. Strange that an old update is back.... I didn't check it for my WU round, but it is asked after reboot. I'll test an integration without it to be sure.

Some other KBs might have been superseeded, I'll have a look on the list.

Edited by rhahgleuhargh

Hi @rhahgleuhargh & @X-Force

just updated a VM x64 installed with the UL from april:

1st step: updated without KB3008923 and restarted, WU asks again for it.

2nd step: installed KB3008923 w/o issues, deep-clean it has not been "cleaned" (superseded).

To show, how carefully MS prepared the patch-day:

a little bit OT: NET-FW 4.7 already installed, but in the MS-info for KB4019112 no info about 4.7, only 4.6.2!

Of course my mistake, KB4019112 refers to FW 3.5.1, sorry.

Totally OT, but....

WU requested and installed KB3191843 (MS-Office 2010), calling the download manually says is for Office 2007...

It means, I'll wait some days, before I update my working-systems here, especially my 3 system in Italy!

Edit:

today KB3008923 is not requested by WU anymore (it should be now only for IE10 & IE7..... - info from Microsoft Update Catalog)

KB3003057 is requested instead (same year :rolleyes:) and this had replaced 2987107....

Edited by Thiersee

@Thiersee

I just made a test with new UL, and IE 11 KB2987107 is asked in my case !

Hiding these updates makes older ones asked by WU, so it's better to only ignore them as recommended by abbodi1406.

Changelog for this month :

Security Monthly Quality Rollup : KB4019264 remplace KB4015549 (common), KB3092601 et KB3138901 (classic)

DNF3.5.1 : KB4014504 remplace KB4014565, KB3135983 et KB3142024

Edited by rhahgleuhargh

5 minutes ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

I just made a test with new UL, and IE 11 KB2987107 is asked in my case !

Hiding these updates makes older ones asked by WU, so it's better to only ignore them as recommended by abbodi1406.

Until yesterday KB3008923 has been requested by WU; this morning has WU changed "his opinion" and requested KB3003057; this evening again a change, requested was KB2987107.

What are you doing, Microsoft :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:?

On 09/05/2017 at 10:09 AM, Thiersee said:

You didn't, sorry!

I confirm KB4019990 is useless with icare's repack file.

3 hours ago, Thiersee said:

@rhahgleuhargh

Just a question:

why KB4014579 instead of KB4014504 (see: post #9996 from Mr.X on MDL)?

KB4019112 has been requested.

It's a Copy/paste error from my work file ! I needed the complete update KB4019112 to obtain the specific 3.5.1 one. So the good file in the UL is KB4014504. But I initially  copied the security only name from download center...

Previous post edited.

Edited by rhahgleuhargh

ULs mises à jour.

Je n'ai pas mis la mise à jour d'IE 11, c'est un non sens. Ce bug sera sans doute corrigé ultérieurement comme cela a été le cas par le passé. Il suffit d'ignorer la mise à jour, mais pas de la masquer (sinon d'autres mises à jour plus anciennes seront demandées à la place). Pour ceux qui ont installé quand même la ou les mises à jour IE 11, elles seront normalement écrasées le mois prochain.

Edited by rhahgleuhargh

13 minutes ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

Sorry, I only use icare's one since 4.6.2 version !

I was going to use nfw 4.7 by ricktendo but it seems that is optional. As discussed kb4019990 would have to be included in the new UL's at least for now and that is not considered a M$ update. Looks like we will still be using NFW 4.62 and if anyone wants to "upgrade" it will be at their discretion. I assume eventually NFW 4.7 will work its way into our UL's. Please correct me if I misunderstand.:blink:

regards...

regards...

22 minutes ago, pennsylvaniaron said:

I was going to use nfw 4.7 by ricktendo but it seems that is optional. As discussed kb4019990 would have to be included in the new UL's at least for now and that is not considered a M$ update. Looks like we will still be using NFW 4.62 and if anyone wants to "upgrade" it will be at their discretion. I assume eventually NFW 4.7 will work its way into our UL's. Please correct me if I misunderstand.:blink:

regards...

regards...

Net-FW 4.7 itself is optional, so the NFW-Repack from iCare is optional as that from Ricktendo, the only difference is, the one from Icare contains the prerequisite KB4019990, nothing more!

If you don't install it, you don't need KB4019990!

As I already said NFW 4.7 do not belongs to windows-installation, so it will not be in th UL.

@Thiersee

I just did it ! It's surprising, but it reminds me the same kind of problem with an old IE 11 update for non english systems few years ago.

I don't remember if this update was automatically cleaned by deep-clean or if I removed it after comparing logs from WUC... it was removed in april. I'll try to put it back and retry a deep-clean after.

Did you or anyone have some bugs without this KB ? All seems to be fine in my VMs but I only use them for testing and not in a normal way. I allways keep old links for deleted updates, so if there is any problem I'll put them back to the ULs.

3 hours ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

I just did it ! It's surprising, but it reminds me the same kind of problem with an old IE 11 update for non english systems few years ago.

Exactly!

I don't remember if this update was automatically cleaned by deep-clean or if I removed it after comparing logs from WUC... it was removed in april. I'll try to put it back and retry a deep-clean after.

I don't remember, sorry.

Did you or anyone have some bugs without this KB ? All seems to be fine in my VMs but I only use them for testing and not in a normal way. I allways keep old links for deleted updates, so if there is any problem I'll put them back to the ULs.

I didn't; as I've seen that post, I had already done my integrations, but I can try to install it and do a deep clean.