[14 janvier 2020] Update list GDR pour Windows 7 SP1 x86/x64 (Fr-En-De-Es-It)

4 hours ago, pennsylvaniaron said:

...I made a new win 7 iso, experimenting, and tried using that deep clean msu you provided. while in my vm after the iso install I ran the deep clean msu and it said it was not for my version of windows. I am using win 7_64 and the _64 deep clean msu. is there a pre-requisite or something else I'm missing?

regards...

KB2852386 has been superseded by KB3125574.

OOPS! I just realized KB3125574 is the Convenience Rollup, please disregard.

Edited by Pink_Freud

what was (is) confusing is that mooms put a link to kb2852386 which is a deep cleaning msu. the link says its an ADD-ON. so does this go somewhere into WTK when making an updated ISO? when I ran it as a stand-alone after iso installation it says it was not compatible with my system after about a 15 second check...

regards...

@pennsylvaniaron

KB2852386 is an update that adds the Deep-clean feature in Win 7. It's included in the Convenience Rollup pack too. The only thing you have to do is to integrate in WTK the Convenience pack, or this update (present in ULs, WHD list, and the Simplix pack, depending the method you choose to add updates), and the functionnality will be implemented.

@rhahgleuhargh

June-Rollup KB3161608 released and offered by WU

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/19461-Windows-7-Hotfix-repository/page1061?p=1240038

Edit:

A DeepClean should uninstall (MDL-article) KB3042058 and KB3139940, but:

1) KB3042058 has NOT been installed on ALL the test installations (with Convenience Rollup Pack!) I made in the last days, even if it was in the list to be installed.

2) KB3139940 is in the UL only for the classic way to install.

In my working PC (installed middle of april) are both installed.

Thiersee

Edited by Thiersee

KB3139940         superseded - (Only classic list)
KB3042058         superseded x64 only (Only classic list)

KB3139923-v2        superseded Classic & Convenience List (Uninstalled & Tested - WU not requested)
KB3153171             superseded Classic & Convenience List  (Uninstalled & Tested - WU not requested)

Juste pour être sûr d'avoir bien compris...

Si on utilise le Convenience Rollup, on se retrouve avec la télémétrie installée ?

Y'a pas moyen de désactiver l'intégration de tel ou tel update dans le rollup ?

Du coup, si on est soucieux de la vie privée, faut continuer de tout faire à la main ?

10 hours ago, Thiersee said:

You are right, but as RunOnce; may be it's not necessary if KB3125574 will be used.

I'll take it fro my "RunOnce Package".

Since you put KB3020369 in prerequisite section, this update can be installed offline. The only reason I've put it in RunOnce section, is that it needs to be integrated/installed after KB3020369.

9 hours ago, rastamanx said:

Juste pour être sûr d'avoir bien compris...

Si on utilise le Convenience Rollup, on se retrouve avec la télémétrie installée ?

Y'a pas moyen de désactiver l'intégration de tel ou tel update dans le rollup ?

Du coup, si on est soucieux de la vie privée, faut continuer de tout faire à la main ?

Salut,

Oui, 3 composants de mise à jour de télémétrie sont installés avec le Convenience Rollup (KB3068708, KB3075249 et KB3080149). Il n'est pas possible de les désinstaller, mais tu peux par contre désactiver les services de télémétrie de Windows. Il me semble que quelqu'un en a parlé récemment sur le forum, si je retrouve le post je te le fais suivre.

Tu peux continuer à choisir la méthode classique pour installer les mises à jour, cela fonctionne toujours. Le Convenience Rollup est plus pratique (une cinquantaine de mises à jour à intégrer au lieu de plus de 200) et te fait gagner de l'espace disque après installation (1,5 Go d'occupation disque en moins en x86 d'après mes tests).

10 hours ago, X-Force said:

KB3139940         superseded - (Only classic list)
KB3042058         superseded x64 only (Only classic list)

KB3139923-v2        superseded Classic & Convenience List (Uninstalled & Tested - WU not requested)
KB3153171             superseded Classic & Convenience List  (Uninstalled & Tested - WU not requested)

99% of chance that KB3161608 will become important at next Patch Tuesday. So I'll put it in the Common updates category. I'll upload updated ULs later today.

56 minutes ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

Since you put KB3020369 in prerequisite section, this update can be installed offline. The only reason I've put it in RunOnce section, is that it needs to be integrated/installed after KB3020369.

What I mean is:

I "installed" KB3042058 offline and I did not get some errors, but now proofing the installed updates (windows) I did not find it, it has not been installed, so DeepClean couldn't uninstall it.

@Thiersee

OK. So you tried to install it with your own RunOnce package. I didn't put it in the Convenience Updates category since it wasn't asked by WU.

Updated ULs uploaded. I don't know if this june rollup superseeds old WU client .cabs and WU client update KB3138612, so I left them in the list. There is no info about KB3161608 yet in WU Catalog website.

11 minutes ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

@Thiersee

OK. So you tried to install it with your own RunOnce package. I didn't put it in the Convenience Updates category since it wasn't asked by WU.

Exactly, and because it wasn't asked by WU and I didn't get errors I thought it's installed and all is OK...

It's good too, one update less in my package :D.

1 hour ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

@Thiersee

Updated ULs uploaded. I don't know if this june rollup superseeds old WU client .cabs and WU client update KB3138612, so I left them in the list. There is no info about KB3161608 yet in WU Catalog website.

Why did you put KB3161608 in the "Common"-category (filename 4-) but give him the category-id 3 (Classic)?

I think, if common it should be category-id=2, shouldn't?

Edited by Thiersee

Oooops,

It was a copy/paste error. Correction done. Next time I'll wait to be at home to edit the ULs.

@X-Force

It could be a solution, but no, I don't want to create 2 different lists : it increases the risk to forget to delete or add an update in x64 and/or x86 lists (4 ULs). Those lists are beginning to be complicated to maintain. A real Convenience pack (ie without all other >30 required updates) or a SP would have been better and more professional from M$.

Convenience rollup KB3125574 supersede both WU client .cabs and WU client update KB3138612

similarly,  June 2016 rollup KB3161608 supersede them both as well

yes i know that WU checks the state of WUClient-SelfUpdate .cabs on each search session
but it completely runs fine without them, and WU itself mention that they are not required
WindowsUpdate.log -> SelfUpdate is NOT required.

however as usual WU mess, it asks for  KB3138612 because it's GDR, while  KB3125574 &  KB3161608 are LDR
that's the same reason why around 8 old security updates show up in WU after installing  KB3161608

guys it seems from the last page or 2 that you are trying to make as accurate as you can updated win 7 lists. I cannot tell if it will be using the classic updates or the convenience updates (or both). Will this venture make it be able to update as accurately and correctly as possible, a new iso every month for members?

regards...

@pennsylvaniaron

You can use 2 different methods to make an updated ISO : the classic one, or the Convenience Rollup pack method. Both methods work (ie no update will be asked by WU at first check). You just have to select the method you prefer.

The Convenience Rollup pack method is faster (approximately 50 updates to integrate), and after installation saves > 1 Go in your HDD compared to classic method. You can add the Additional updates, RDP updates, or Windows 10 related updates if you want, with the 2 methods. Convenience Rollup method needed some little adjustment with updates orders and non-needed updates, but now it's OK !

These ULs contain all the minimum updates required to satisfy WU. If you want something more complete, you can use the list provided by WHD (for specific questions,  abbodi1406 is THE REFERENCE !).

I sugest to you to create an ISO from the scratch instead of updating a precedent version, your installation will be cleaner.

1 hour ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

@pennsylvaniaron

You can use 2 different methods to make an updated ISO : the classic one, or the Convenience Rollup pack method. Both methods work (ie no update will be asked by WU at first check). You just have to select the method you prefer.

The Convenience Rollup pack method is faster (approximately 50 updates to integrate), and after installation saves > 1 Go in your HDD compared to classic method. You can add the Additional updates, RDP updates, or Windows 10 related updates if you want, with the 2 methods. Convenience Rollup method needed some little adjustment with updates orders and non-needed updates, but now it's OK !

These ULs contain all the minimum updates required to satisfy WU. If you want something more complete, you can use the list provided by WHD (for specific questions,  abbodi1406 is THE REFERENCE !).

I sugest to you to create an ISO from the scratch instead of updating a precedent version, your installation will be cleaner.

I see the new list has 6/22/16 as the date so its very much updated. are you saying to take that 6/22 UL into WUD, download convenience rollup pack (1), the common and convenience rollup and classic updates (50), classic integration (no rdp) (2), IE updates (1), additional updates (4) and integrate them using WTK with a clean win 7_64 sp1 media refresh ISO and I DON'T need the classic updates (151)? Or should I do this to liam's April 2016 ISO? Then the final iso will pass SFC and there will hardly be any new updates when manually checking WU after iso install?

regards...

Edited by pennsylvaniaron
ps I will try the clean media refresh while I await your response...thx