[14 janvier 2020] Update list GDR pour Windows 7 SP1 x86/x64 (Fr-En-De-Es-It)

thiersee I have abandoned the classic iso. just too much work trying to figure out the 3136000 repeat problem. I am back to doing the convenience. I just made a new ISO and have 16 updates in WU after vm install. about 8 of those are after 6/22/16 plus m$ june tool and defender. that's good enough for me. But she still fails SFC. It repairs the files but a PIA to have to run that after every install. Is there a fix for that on the horizon?

oopps! I ran sfc a second time (in a row) and now it finds corrupt files again but CANNOT repair them. this is just a disaster....

regards...

Edited by pennsylvaniaron

@pennsylvaniaron, Since it seems to have been verified that the method of creating an updated source works, at least for others, and there is something in your method that is causing your problems, then it seems to me that, at least temporarily, it might be better to abandon your current method and use one that works, such as that by Thiersee, instead of continuing to try to figure out why your method doesn't work. Once you have followed his method exactly, step-by-step and using the exact same source (except for language), addons, and tools, and so, hopefully, achieving the same successful result, including passing SFC, then you will be in a better position to compare the successful method to the one you want to use and see what the differences are and how best to modify things to get the results you want. Also, by trying to duplicate Thiersee's method exactly, then he will be in a better position to help you if you continue to get different results. Thiersee, Pink_Freud, and I all have updated systems that pass SFC and none of us have any trace of KB3136000 showing up, so we can't figure out where you are getting it from, regardless of how often it is mentioned as being a problem by others on the internet.  Just my opinion. Good luck!

Cheers and Regards

15 hours ago, bphlpt said:

@pennsylvaniaron, Since it seems to have been verified that the method of creating an updated source works, at least for others, and there is something in your method that is causing your problems, then it seems to me that, at least temporarily, it might be better to abandon your current method and use one that works, such as that by Thiersee, instead of continuing to try to figure out why your method doesn't work. Once you have followed his method exactly, step-by-step and using the exact same source (except for language), addons, and tools, and so, hopefully, achieving the same successful result, including passing SFC, then you will be in a better position to compare the successful method to the one you want to use and see what the differences are and how best to modify things to get the results you want. Also, by trying to duplicate Thiersee's method exactly, then he will be in a better position to help you if you continue to get different results. Thiersee, Pink_Freud, and I all have updated systems that pass SFC and none of us have any trace of KB3136000 showing up, so we can't figure out where you are getting it from, regardless of how often it is mentioned as being a problem by others on the internet.  Just my opinion. Good luck!

Cheers and Regards

ok just started a "vanilla" classic wtk session. differences from theirsee instructions is that I am using home premium and will not integrate RDP. I am also using the NFW 4.61 wa add-on from 5/18/16 that I believe he used as have others.

regards...

5 minutes ago, pennsylvaniaron said:

ok just started a "vanilla" classic wtk session. differences from theirsee instructions is that I am using home premium and will not integrate RDP. I am also using the NFW 4.61 wa add-on from 5/18/16 that I believe he used as have others.

regards...

Should not be a problem ;)!

Thiersee

4 hours ago, Thiersee said:

Should not be a problem ;)!

Thiersee

ok so far so good. I used wtk as instructed with the classic updates (202), no rdp. I used the nfw 4.61 wa add-on. I installed my default theme. This time I removed NOTHING. before I was mainly removing the different country local packs, win anytime upgrade and the dvd registration (from memory). I DID integrate all my tweaks. This time I DID NOT copy files to the desktop that I use to install personal programs. they are basically exe's just copied to the desktop. I also DID NOT install any personal silents such as adobe reader, fp, mbam, google toolbar, ccleaner. The only silents are 3020369, 2533552, 2603229, 3046269. iso passes sfc /scannow before and after manually installing updates of which there were 12, then 1, then 1 with subsequent checking for updates. no sign of 3136000.

now I will try copying those desktop files and installing my personal silents using this iso. I will (for now) not remove any components. Thanks much. Lets hope she goes smoothly...

regards....

eureka! Looks good. completed 6/22/16 classic home premium_64 ISO. passes sfc. minimal amount of updates present after install. all my personal files, silents, tweaks, nfw 4.61 are installed. no kb3136000 lurking. If I had to pinpoint the problem its either I "had" to do the classic update integration separately OR something in the component removal module caused an issue. The only other thing I can think of is I put the kb's in the silent list AHEAD of my personal silent. In any event she's perfect. Now I await the new July UL list and want to see if I can update this iso with the latest updates. Once again thanks to all who contributed to this endeavor!

regards...

Hello, test des ULs en cours. Changelog identique x86/x64 :

Common Updates : KB3170735 juin devient prioritaire, KB3170455 remplace KB2839894 et KB2712808 (classic integration updates), KB3168965 remplace KB3161664,

DNF3.5.1 (Common Updates) : KB3163245

Classic integration Updates : KB3140245 passe dans cette catégorie

W10 / Telemetry Updates : KB2952664 passe en v19, KB3173040

IE 11 Updates : KB3170106 remplace KB3060005

Mise à jour des scripts W10.vbs et Rollup.vbs : ajout de KB3173040, et de KB976932 (SP1) pour éviter d'avoir à intégrer KB2533552 en RunOnce alors qu'elle est devenue complètement inutile. Les outils nécessaires pour créer les scripts sont maintenant inclus dans une seule même archive, vous pouvez ainsi modifier les scripts comme vous le voulez. J'ai quand même laissé KB2533552 dans les ULs pour ceux qui tiennent absolument à l'intégrer quand même.

Le temps de finir mes tests, et j'uploade le tout.

Edited by rhahgleuhargh

@pennsylvianaron,

It's normal to have SFC errors via Convenience Rollup integration method (due to the fact that Rollup is LDR instead of GDR, so updated components are in conflict with previous GDR versions). But it doesn't affect your system. Maybe M$ will solve this bug one day.

I'm doing a x86 test with classic integration method without RDP updates, I'll report if there are some modifications.

Edited by rhahgleuhargh

2 hours ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

@pennsylvianaron,

It's normal to have SFC errors via Convenience Rollup integration method (due to the fact that Rollup is LDR instead of GDR, so updated components are in conflict with previous GDR versions). But it doesn't affect your system. Maybe M$ will solve this bug one day.

I'm doing a x86 test with classic integration method without RDP updates, I'll report if there are some modifications.

nubie question. what is LDR and GDR?

regards...

From M$ Techbend :

"GDR (General Distribution)
– a binary marked as GDR contains only security related changes that have been made to the binary, including changes that are relevant to this build of the file and from any earlier security hotfix that updates the same binary.

QFE (Quick Fix Engineering) – LDR  (Limited Distribution Release)
– a binary marked as QFE/LDR contains both security related changes that have been made to the binary as well as any functionality changes that have been made to it, including changes that are relevant to this build of the file and from any earlier security fix or bug fix that updates the same binary.

In general, when you update a server from Windows Update the operating system will prefer to download only security related (GDR) hotfixes. 

If you have however manually installed a non-security hotfix that updates a file on your system, that file will from now on be updated from the QFE/LDR tree."

Here's my challenge. I now have an excellent working win 7 iso with all the classic updates from 6/22/16. in addition nfw 4.61 wa and my personal tweaks, silent etc. what is the process now that a new updated UL (7/12/16) has been released. I really just want to get those new wu installed. do we have to start all over? take a NO UPDATES win 7 sp1 and use wtk with that? or do we extract the latest iso we made (prior month) into a new folder and load in the last preset (minus the updates), but include all the other items in the preset? since NFW is integrated already in the iso do we again include it as an add-on?

regards...

ps..just ran that june iso for the first time and malwarebytes found about 300 items in the c:\windows\inf\inf folder pertaining to asp.net 4.0, net clr networking, and many other entries, all Trojan agents.

Edited by pennsylvaniaron

@pennsylvaniaron

If you want the most cleaner ISO, just start with a new process in an untouched ISO. But if you are in a hurry, exceptionnally, this month there are only 4 new updates. So you can use your previous ISO, let WU charge the new updates after installation, and run a deap-clean to remove the 3 superseeded updates.

8 minutes ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

@pennsylvaniaron

If you want the most cleaner ISO, just start with a new process in an untouched ISO. But if you are in a hurry, exceptionnally, this month there are only 4 new updates. So you can use your previous ISO, let WU charge the new updates after installation, and run a deap-clean to remove the 3 superseeded updates.

sorry another nubie question. how (where) do you do a deep-clean. I have seen you guys mention it a few times.

regards...

On 22/6/2016 at 4:12 PM, abbodi1406 said:

yes i know that WU checks the state of WUClient-SelfUpdate .cabs on each search session
but it completely runs fine without them, and WU itself mention that they are not required
WindowsUpdate.log -> SelfUpdate is NOT required.

Here it is. Thanks Pink_Freud !

3 hours ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

@pennsylvaniaron

We told you a few pages ago !

I appreciate your patience! I help people much less knowledgeable than me on other computer issues. It can be frustrating. Thanks again to all for helping me and hopefully as I read each post I will understand more...

regards...