[14 janvier 2020] Update list GDR pour Windows 7 SP1 x86/x64 (Fr-En-De-Es-It)

2 hours ago, mooms said:

....Par contre sur ma machine réelle (7x64) le nettoyage des màj obsolètes a été très très long au redémarrage.

I can't confirm this issue:

DeepCleaning tokes a short time (I did it last month too) and only the monthly-rollup from february was found.

I installed today 2 VMs (VirtualBox) with the UL from February and observed a strange behavior:

on both WU did NOT ask for the March-Update KB4088875!

On a working laptop, which I didn't update yet, KB4088875 is not requested by WU anymore, only the preview KB4075211 :o!

Can be possible, MS has token this patch from WU?

I think I'll wait with the update of my ULs until there is a sure information from MS.

Edited by Thiersee

11 hours ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

Bug confirmé : en machine virtuelle x86 avec la dernière mouture de Virtualbox, KB4088875 entraîne un écran bleu de la mort BSOD, que ce soit en mise à jour manuelle ou directement avec un ISO à jour (l'installation se passe bien, mais au premier redémarrage, boum !). Ce bug vient d'être reporté par quelqu'un sur le forum de Virtualbox, pour le moment pas de réponse.

Je vais essayer de récupérer la version précédente de Virtualbox et retenter l'installation.

Quelqu'un a-t-il eu le même souci ?

2 hours ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

Bug corrigé !

Il faut activer l'option "PAE/NX" au niveau du processeur de l'ordinateur virtuel. Ce n'est pas un bug de Virtualbox, mais de M$ : la mise à jour KB4088875 cause un souci avec la carte réseau virtuelle, plus d'infos ici.

Installed Win 7 Pro x64 in VBox (latest) with KB4088875  integrated & without "PAE / NX" option enabled... installed successfully, no BSOD after several reboots.

Spoiler

Capture.JPG.b9c41d588baf28e1dede1713318d53f1.JPG

Edited by Pink_Freud

3 hours ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

Bug corrigé !

Il faut activer l'option "PAE/NX" au niveau du processeur de l'ordinateur virtuel. Ce n'est pas un bug de Virtualbox, mais de M$ : la mise à jour KB4088875 cause un souci avec la carte réseau virtuelle, plus d'infos ici.

Je suis tranquille du coup, j'active tjrs cette option.

Par contre mon W7 délire complet: après le deep clean il m'a proposé des màj de 2016...

Now the last report from me:

After installing with the February-UL I do not get KB4088875 requested anymore, I don't know why.

1) After install, restart and search I get only KB4075211 (Preview, released on 22.02.2018) requested.

2) I install this one and after restart and new search I get sometimes KB4091290 ("repair" of KB4075211 and released on 01.03.2018) plus KB4088875, sometimes KB4091290 plus 4 old patches: only after installing this 4 patches I get finally KB4088875 requested.

As I said: I do not really know why :blush:!

BTW: DeepCleaning after this procedure almost 1GB!

Edited by Thiersee

@Thiersee

Since a few monthes, at each cumulative update some old updates are requested, but if you ignore them and redo a search some days later, all is OK. Maybe it's due to the time needed to fix WU queries ?

All my machines are updated with KB4088875, so I can't test, I don't have any info if this update was deleted (it doesn't at this time). At my work all computers have been updated with it yesterday (Windows 7 enterprise).

Updated ULs uploaded. I left previous february ULs in case of !

Edited by rhahgleuhargh

@rhahgleuhargh

My Work PC (from the beginning installed with ConvP-method) is updated with KB4088875 without issues, on my wife's laptop (HP factory installation, from the beginning updated with WU), WU requested KB4075211 and I updated it today in that way I describe in my previous post (KB4075211, KB4091290, KB4088875), I was forced to do so.

Anyway I can't remember, if it was so since the patch-day or if it has changed.

I didn't reach my brothers in Italy yet to update their PCs, so I can't say, how is the situation there.

All my new installed VMs or real HW have the "strange" behavior.

Because of my wife I do not have at the moment the possibility to test 4-5 hours undisturbed, so it will take a couple of days until I can do intensive test again.

Thanks for the new ULs and have a nice weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16.3.2018 at 5:19 PM, Thiersee said:

Now the last report from me:

After installing with the February-UL I do not get KB4088875 requested anymore, I don't know why.

1) After install, restart and search I get only KB4075211 (Preview, released on 22.02.2018) requested.

2) I install this one and after restart and new search I get sometimes KB4091290 ("repair" of KB4075211 and released on 01.03.2018) plus KB4088875, sometimes KB4091290 plus 4 old patches: only after installing this 4 patches I get finally KB4088875 requested.

As I said: I do not really know why :blush:!

BTW: DeepCleaning after this procedure almost 1GB!

@rhahgleuhargh

After two days of intensive testing I got the explanation!

With the actual version of MSE-definition-updates the AV.reg (QualityCompat) is not installed anymore, at least since 6th of march (my 2nd oldest definition update for MSE)!

1) Fresh install with February UL (but with updated MSE!):

no requests from WU for newer update, only 4 old patches for windows and 2 for FW, look at picture 1.

2) Manually inserted QualityCompat-REG, restart (not really necessary), new search:

ONLY the actual preview kb4088881, MRT and eventually MSE definition updates, look at picture 2 & 3; deleting reg-key, same requests like point 1).

3) Fresh install with March UL, old MSE (up to 6th of March):

ONLY the actual preview kb4088881, MRT and eventually MSE definition updates, look at picture 2 & 3.

4) I decided to integrate the QualityCompat-Key per Tweak in WTK, fresh install with today's definition updates for MSE:

ONLY the actual preview kb4088881, MRT and eventually MSE definition updates, look at picture 2 & 3; again, deleting the key from registry: same requests like point 1).

So, let us wait for what MS will do in the April -rollup.....; anyway the reg-key is now necessary for new installs with an updated MSE.

Have a nice week ^_^!

UL_1303_wo_AV-REG_1.JPG

UL_1303_with_AV-REG_2.JPG

UL_1303_with_AV-REG_3.JPG

Edited by Thiersee

@Thiersee

I've uploaded updated UL with KB4100480.

Does the fact that WTK integrates it before monthly rollup induce some problems ?

The only solution is to integrate it in RunOnce until WTK will be updated. Or wait for next patch tuesday (new rollup will certainly include it).

Edited by rhahgleuhargh