[14 janvier 2020] Update list GDR pour Windows 7 SP1 x86/x64 (Fr-En-De-Es-It)

hi:

I;m just back from vacation and just started on the April iso. I was using rick's dotnetfx462_full_x86_64_slim from 12/17/16 in the past and used the same link to check if it has been updated. The link is now different and the file heading date is 4_16_2016. Is that a typo and the date year should be 2017? or its correct and we should still be using the 12/17/16 file?

regards...

10 minutes ago, Thiersee said:

It's a typo ^_^!

With the link in the first post you get the updated file.

ok cool.

Can I assume the pre-reqs are still required?

do 2603229, 3177467, 3046269, 2685811, 2685813 still go in silent?

lastly (for now) I see there is no more rollup file to hide certain updates. do I need to do the new telemetry.exe and put in silent if my goal is to install win 7_64 (or x86) home premium with no intentions of upgrading to win 10? I am still weak on that hide updates file which if anyone cares I think needs to be updated. It still says (11) in the vbs file and its unclear if you add an update(s) which numbers need to be changed. here is the vbs statement>>>> Dim hideupdates(4) 'TO ADD 1 EDIT THE (11) AND ADD another hideupdates(#)

so if you have 7 updates which numbers need to be changed and where does the -ai argument go?

regards...

do I need to do the new telemetry.exe and put in silent if my goal is to install win 7_64 (or x86) home premium with no intentions of upgrading to win 10?

Yes!

here is the vbs statement>>>> Dim hideupdates(4) 'TO ADD 1 EDIT THE (11) AND ADD another hideupdates(#)

The (11) is a comment and is a typo too! The command is Dim hideupadetes (4) (5 updates)

@Thiersee and @pennsylvaniaron

the (11) is just an example from original script, so it's not really a typo error (it's present in the script from the beginning!). I'll have a look on it when I come back home, but the script should work as it is.

The "new" Telemetry.vbs is in fact the classic.vbs, since the 2 DNF updates for Convenience Rollup integration method are no more requested by WU. So no need to redownload the updated file if you know how to edit the .vbs file.

10 hours ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

@Thiersee and @pennsylvaniaron

the (11) is just an example from original script, so it's not really a typo error (it's present in the script from the beginning!). I'll have a look on it when I come back home, but the script should work as it is.

The "new" Telemetry.vbs is in fact the classic.vbs, since the 2 DNF updates for Convenience Rollup integration method are no more requested by WU. So no need to redownload the updated file if you know how to edit the .vbs file.

Thanks for prompt reply. I just finished the April iso and here are my issues which may help others and why its the case with me I have no idea.

My integration every month seems to fail when IE11 is being integrated. Last month I no longer integrated 2533552 and that seemed to repair the issue. this month a made a change to my silent update order which repaired that issue.

I was using in my silent updates this order: 2603229, 3046269, 3177467, 2685811, 2685813. This made the IE11 update FAIL.

All I did was put 3177467 ahead of 3046269, (in other words I switched their order) and left the other 3 updates where they were and now IE11 integrates perfectly and then the new monthly update. Someone in a prior post mentioned that 3177467 should go ahead of 3046269.

A manual WU check on my VM comes up with Defender, MRT and 2813347. I told rhahgleuhargh about 2813347 last month. Its strange because rhahgleuhargh said its related to RDP which I don't integrate but its always an update for me and it DOES get successfully installed.

Lastly regarding the telemetry vbs file. I know someone else wrote the script but if anyone who hasn't used it and tries to edit it and sees 5 updates a (4) and (11) its very confusing. Its bad enough when you have 5 updates the number in () is 4 and not a five, so if you add an update and have 6 updates the (4) now becomes (5). There should be some type of instructions just ahead of the hideupdates, "inside" the file. Also where does the -ai argument go if you want to use it?? Just my 2 cents.

regards...

16 minutes ago, pennsylvaniaron said:

I was using in my silent updates this order: 2603229, 3046269, 3177467, 2685811, 2685813....

Why put KB's 2685811 & 2685813 in silent? :unsure: I've never put these in silent and successfully integrate every time. :)

1 hour ago, pennsylvaniaron said:

Hi Ron,

I don't know, what it's going on with your installation, please append your actual .INI ;).

Its bad enough when you have 5 updates the number in () is 4 and not a five, so if you add an update and have 6 updates the (4) now becomes (5).

Because, as you can see, the counter within the script begins from 0!

Again, the (11) is only an example!

Also where does the -ai argument go if you want to use it?

On that that place, where you integrate the telemetry.exe, i.e. telemetry.exe -ai.

Edited by Thiersee

Sorry, but I install in another way:

First step Only Updates (with RDP), IE11 (no add-on, no reg-files, no programs, and so on); in Silent-installers only KB3177467

Second step: add-on, theme-packs, drivers, reg-files, some files I need and 1 program in silent-installer (to start WPI).

I do not get any problems.

BTW, actually I don't have the time to simulate your installation, sorry.

1 hour ago, Thiersee said:

Sorry, but I install in another way:

First step Only Updates (with RDP), IE11 (no add-on, no reg-files, no programs, and so on); in Silent-installers only KB3177467

Second step: add-on, theme-packs, drivers, reg-files, some files I need and 1 program in silent-installer (to start WPI).

I do not get any problems.

BTW, actually I don't have the time to simulate your installation, sorry.

Thiersee thanks for your input. Since I changed the order of the silent updates I really don't have any issues that prevent me from making the iso. I'll try a new installation excluding the 2 updates pink_freud mentioned and I'll also include rdp this time. Lets see what that brings!

ps...how come you only have that ONE update in silent? aren't 2603229 and 3046269 mandatory?

thanks again...

regards...

Edited by pennsylvaniaron

7 hours ago, Pink_Freud said:

Why put KB's 2685811 & 2685813 in silent? :unsure: I've never put these in silent and successfully integrate every time. :)

pink, I just integrated a new iso with RDP. I took 2685811, 2685813 out of silent and put them as the last 2 updates after 4014565. Then my IE11 gets a black X and does not integrate. when I do the same exact creation with the 2685811, 2685813 in the silent section then no problems. No idea why yours works and mine doesn't.

regards...

@pennsylvaniaron
I had a look on your .ini file. I suggest you to remove all the tweaks related to IE. I don't remind if tweaks are applicated before or after the update integration, so IE tweaks may block IE 11 installation if applicated first.
I don't think that modifying silent updates order will change anything since IE 11 is installed before applying silent updates and installers. You can let the KB order as it is from older to newer.
All the infos about KB2685811 and 13 are written in the tutorial: if integrated with other updates, they will appear twice in the installed updates, and the double ones will be removed at the first deep-clean. it's not the case if integrated in RunOnce.

Hi Ron,

I had today the time to test an english ISO.

I built Win7 HomePremium x64 in two steps:

Step 1: I integrated only the last WUD-UL (Convenience Rollup with RDP), under "Silent-Installers" only KB3177467, under "Options" your Options; no tweaks, no programs, NOTHING other!

Step 2: I integrated your tweaks (NO reg-files!), under "Silent Installers" just a Desktop-Icon to launch WPI.

After installing Windows 7 HP (VirtualBox) and rebooting I launched WPI and installed Telemetry.exe, NET-FW 4.6.2, Flash_ax_25.0.0.148 (generated with Flash_Silent_install_Maker_3.8 from @mooms) and my RAR-Updates-SFX-archive with KB2685811, KB2685813, KB3046269, KB2603229.

Result: NO issues, NO strange requests from WU, nothing else; WU requests only Silverlight, Defender-Definitions, Security Essential, Skype, Malware Removal Tool and the preview for the netx rollup (optional!).

I append some pictures to show that.

P.S.: please, check your private message in the next 20 minutes ;)

Ron_1.JPG

Ron_2.JPG

Ron_3.JPG

Ron_4.JPG

Ron_5.JPG

Ron_6.JPG

Ron_7.JPG

Ron_8.JPG

Edited by Thiersee

6 hours ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

@pennsylvaniaron
I had a look on your .ini file. I suggest you to remove all the tweaks related to IE. I don't remind if tweaks are applicated before or after the update integration, so IE tweaks may block IE 11 installation if applicated first.
I don't think that modifying silent updates order will change anything since IE 11 is installed before applying silent updates and installers. You can let the KB order as it is from older to newer.
All the infos about KB2685811 and 13 are written in the tutorial: if integrated with other updates, they will appear twice in the installed updates, and the double ones will be removed at the first deep-clean. it's not the case if integrated in RunOnce.

rhahgleuhargh I just want to respond to your post before I delve into Thiersee's post. I know one of my tweaks is to stop IE11 from bringing up the IE welcome screen when you start it. From memory that welcome screen starts every time you open IE11. That's why that tweak is so important. The other tweak is to turn smartscreen to ON. Does your IE11 do that?

regards...

@pennsylvaniaron

Sorry, I don't use IE since almost 12 years, I prefer FIrefox !

Here is the content of my tweaks.ini file (I removed the third party themes one because it caused some problems in my VMs), I don't encounter any problem with it :

#Tweaks
Add 'Take Ownership' to context-menu
Show 'Computer' on Desktop
Show User Folder on Desktop
Small Taskbar Icons
Remove Shortcut Arrow
Remove Shortcut Suffix
Show File Extensions
Show Hidden Files & Folders
Open NFO files with notepad

Just do a test without IE 11 tweaks to check if all is OK. If it works, and if you absolutely need IE tweaks, you can add a batch file at the end of silent + SFX program list to enable these tweaks.

Edited by rhahgleuhargh

4 hours ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

@pennsylvaniaron

Sorry, I don't use IE since almost 12 years, I prefer FIrefox !

Here is the content of my tweaks.ini file (I removed the third party themes one because it caused some problems in my VMs), I don't encounter any problem with it :

#Tweaks
Add 'Take Ownership' to context-menu
Show 'Computer' on Desktop
Show User Folder on Desktop
Small Taskbar Icons
Remove Shortcut Arrow
Remove Shortcut Suffix
Show File Extensions
Show Hidden Files & Folders
Open NFO files with notepad

Just do a test without IE 11 tweaks to check if all is OK. If it works, and if you absolutely need IE tweaks, you can add a batch file at the end of silent + SFX program list to enable these tweaks.

rhahgleuhargh just curious. IE8 is built-in to win 7. So if you do not integrate ie11 into your project then WU will eventually update ie8 to ie11. correct? I understand you don't use it but is that the way you do it? you don't integrate ie11? or you do integrate ie11 but then you never use it. you use just firefox?

regards...

@pennsylvaniaron
I allways integrate IE 11 (have a look on the tutorial which is my based on my configuration), even if I don't use it (except for WU catalog website before they permit to use the website with other navigators). The reason is because IE 8 is obsolete.

If you don't integrate IE 11 if I remember good, IE 10 is proposed as important update, and curiously IE 11 as optional update. But it seems logical to integrate the most recent version.

5 hours ago, rhahgleuhargh said:

@pennsylvaniaron
I allways integrate IE 11 (have a look on the tutorial which is my based on my configuration), even if I don't use it (except for WU catalog website before they permit to use the website with other navigators). The reason is because IE 8 is obsolete.

If you don't integrate IE 11 if I remember good, IE 10 is proposed as important update, and curiously IE 11 as optional update. But it seems logical to integrate the most recent version.

I understand.

however when I do NOT use my registry tweak this is what happens on VM. I open IE11 for the first time. I get the choice to choose msn or google. I make my choice, google. I then get a screen to choose recommended settings which I do. Then I open IE11 again and I get my home page which is google and a second page opens with an address of https://mybrowser.microsoft.com/iewelcome/v2?bpa=1 and that's what opens every time I use IE11, google and that page. If I was to RT. click on the IE icon in the taskbar while these 2 screens are open then only another google page will open (not 2). Very frustrating and I'm very surprised I am the only one reporting this. I'm using the same WTK, IE update (if English) and other updates as everyone else. Thiersee is helping me behind the scenes and may have some information. he is experimenting with the English version. I'll report back.

regards...