AIO Integrator not observing sort order

PeterWC

This is happening to me in the Updates + Languages tab of All-In-One Integrator.  Other tabs could be affected but I have not checked them...

Steps to reproduce:

• Add a randomly selected group of updates, e.g. the first 15 files listed in \Updates\Windows7-x64\General
  • Sort the Updates + Languages window by something that does not key on filename, e.g. Size, MD5, or the new Date column
  • AIO Integrator still integrates in "pick" order, i.e. the order in which the files were selected in the file chooser

The good news is that Presets are correctly saved in the order displayed in the window.  So a workaround is to cancel the integration right after saving the preset, then start over by selecting the saved preset.

A related bug/issue:

All-In-One Integrator allows me to change the sort order after integration has begun.  One could infer that inegration would then follow the new sort order... The file selection buttons in left-hand pane of the window are no longer available after integration has begun.  Should column sort be disabled as well?

EDIT: Behavior observed in both latest released version 1.4.37.20 and latest test build 1.4.38.2.

Edited by PeterWC

I was seeing this issue with v1.4.38.2, but I'm not seeing anything newer in your sig yet...

Regarding sort order not being observed, this doesn't seem to be an issue with customs sorts using the Move buttons.  (BTW this is  another good reason to disallow column sorting after integration starts: If you sort via the Move buttons then click a column header, you can't restore the button-driven sort order, and from that point integration would probably appear to be jumping all over the list.)

I'm a bit confused as to why you can't capture column sort in the list.  As i mentioned above, a saved Preset does capture any non-default column sort.  Can't you simply use the same structure that is used to create the preset to actually run the integration?

Bumping this topic as I'm fairly certain it can be quickly fixed (not fixed yet as of test build 1.4.38.4.)...

To reiterate: AIO Integrator is aware of column sort order and is correctly saving it to a Preset when prompted; but it is not using that order for the actual integration.  "Should be" easy enough for AIO Integrator to read whatever data structure it's using to capture sort order at that moment and apply to the actual integration (instead of having to go Load the just-saved Preset to accomplish that task).

:g:

While you appear to be able to "force" it to work that way, I would think that you shouldn't need to.  Therefor this seems like a valid bug to me, at least a minor one with an established work around in the meantime.

Cheers and Regards

343m2dw.png

Clear enough ? :)

That's not the All-In-One Integrator but a totally different topic.  And yes, while it's possible to add a prefix to every KBnnnnnnn.msu file to get the updates to sort in a particular order within AIO Integrator, that really would not be practical (e.g. when using Alphawaves' Downloader, which would no longer recognize the updates).

The goal here is to get AIO to integrate in the column sort order.  In my case I want to sort and integrate by the "Date" column, which is the file Creation date, which when obtained via Alphawaves' Downloader corresponds to the Release date.  Here is what happens when I sort by Date and then press Start.  Note that the updates are still being integrated by filename order (which is the order in which they were selected in the file picker dialog).

post-52173-0-56935600-1396536177_thumb.p

But here is the contents of the Preset file that was saved when prompted immediately after clicking the Start button, just before the actual integration began.  Note that the correct order by Date is preserved there (these are the first 14 updates by Created/Released date from WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General):

*AIO|v1.4.38.4|Thursday 03 April 2014  7:21:16 AM#UpdatesE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2461631-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2487292-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2506014-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2493989-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2506928-v2-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2492386-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2608658-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2660075-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2640148-v2-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2699779-v2-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2709981-v2-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2685811-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2685813-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2719857-x64.msu

Clear now?  :)

Edited by PeterWC

© KEiGHT, your suggestion is certainly a good workaround for the bug in WinToolkit Installer.  There is already an open post on that topic in which you've contributed your suggestion (thanks for that).  I'm including a link here for the benefit of anyone else reading this thread: http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/12152-runonce-changes-install-order/

In the case of this bug with AIO Integrator, the workaround is to Save Preset then Load Preset and use that for the Integration.  I'm hoping we can get this bug squashed since it seems that all the required parts are already present in the WTK code.

(Peter)

Let me guess, you want to put in order those windows updates?

let me explain something , probably you did not pay a close attention, those updates needs at one time predecesors (other updates before them) !

So they verify first and look for previews updates to be updated then will apply ! sometimes they skip some updates to integrate and at a certain moments when they are ready to apply proper come back to them and install !

Got the ideea ? :)

Edited by © KEiGHT

Let me guess, you want to put in order those windows updates?

let me explain something , probably you did not pay a close attention, those updates needs at one time predecesors (other updates before them) !

So they verify first and look for previews updates to be updated then will apply ! sometimes they skip some updates to integrate and at a certain moments when they are ready to apply proper come back to them and install !

Got the ideea ? :)

Yes I understand the concept of prerequisites, thanks.  That's why it's more efficient to put things in release order, don't you think? :)

In any case, there is a sortable list view in the window and by all expectations the sort order should be observed, even if I chose something as silly as integrating by MD5 checksum order.  And the "Save Preset" portion of the code does observe the selected column sort.  Just trying to get the actual GUI to follow suit...

I just tested version "1.4.38.5 - Apr 3, 2014 22:16 UTC" from your sig and it still behaves like the previous versions in this respect.  But if you are teasing me with a subtle announcement regarding a new version then I can wait.  ;)

EDIT: You just posted v1.4.38.6 - but still not working (for me at least):

post-52173-0-59750600-1396941889.png

post-52173-0-29055000-1396941911_thumb.p

*AIO|v1.4.38.6|Tuesday 08 April 2014  12:15:19 AM#UpdatesE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2461631-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2487292-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2506014-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2493989-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2506928-v2-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2492386-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2608658-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2660075-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2640148-v2-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2699779-v2-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2709981-v2-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2685811-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2685813-x64.msuE:\Slipstream\WinToolkit\Updates\Windows7-x64\General\Windows6.1-KB2719857-x64.msu#OptionsCompatibility CheckCreate BackupsEnable CMDFailed Updates to Silent InstallersIntegrate 'HDC' Drivers (boot.wim)Integrate 'SCSIADAPTER' Drivers (boot.wim)Integrate 'SYSTEM' Drivers (boot.wim)Move Known Problem Updates to Silent InstallersPrepare DriversPrompt AddonsPrompt DriversPrompt GadgetsPrompt SilentPrompt ThemesPrompt UpdatesPrompt WallpapersRebuild ImageRemove Invalid DriversRetry UpdatesShow Duplicates
Edited by PeterWC

Ah yeah, sorry was thinking this was a different issue. Still haven't had chance to look into it yet as I've got coursework to catch up on. When I get a chance to look at this I will, but I've got to look at a theme pack error first.

Ha ha, on first read I thought you said "I've got to look at a theme park first."  Yes maybe a little R&R is called for.  :)

No problem Lego...  © KEiGHT, looks like your patience is about to pay off!  ;)

Edited by PeterWC