[Release] Look 'n' Stop Firewall 2.06

Gorki

Look 'n' Stop Firewall

* Look 'n' Stop Firewall 2.06 offers many enhancements with still the key features below.

af_current.gif

* Blocks spywares and keystroke loggers. Learn more

* Makes your PC invisible to hackers. Learn more

* Fast download and fast setup.

* Out of the box configuration.

* Tracks the attacks attempts through logged events. Learn more.

* Includes a password protection of the configuration.

* Very efficient and highly configurable for advanced users. Learn more.

* Features extension through plugins. Learn more.

* Automatically updates new releases.

NOTE: This program is NOT FREE! (30 day trial)

Gorki_AddOn_LooknStop_0.1.cab

MD5: E4A9C402F1A71B4A37A2239E8588FDE5

Size: 783 KB

Changelog:

20-July-07

v0.1

- initial release

Edited by Gorki

Thanks Gorki! :w00t: I am very grateful for your time and effort being spent at my request. I am also amazed that only this morning(eastern standard) I requested this addon, and by the time I got home from work my request was granted.

I have a pretty good xp install in the making and this will be a big piece of my xp puzzle. :thumbsup_anim: I will be putting this one to use before the night is over. :thumb_yello:

Thanks again! :D Randall :welcome:

Look 'n' Stop Firewall

NOTE: This program is NOT FREE! (30 day trial)

Gorki_AddOn_LooknStop_0.1.cab

MD5: E4A9C402F1A71B4A37A2239E8588FDE5

Size: 783 KB

Thanks again Gorki! Add-on is working great for me! :thumb_yello:

Thanks again Gorki! Add-on is working great for me! :thumb_yello:

Gorki,

I finally had a chance to try this one out in a real machine yesterday. The addon works flawlessly, my only problem is that it will not start up on its own with windows. I have to manually start the program from the programs list at each restart.

I tried copying the "Start Look n Stop" into my 'Startup' folder, which will make the program start with windows. The only issue is that is starts the program in full screen mode. My setup is configured in a way that I have to enter multiple passwords on startup and it can be bothersome to have startup programs constantly stealing focus from the input box where I am trying to type a long, hidden from view password, not to mention that its not very aesthetically pleasing.

I am wondering if there is some sort of modification I can make to the program files, the registry or the 'start' folder that might launch the program to the task tray and not to the desktop?

Perhaps there is some sort of switch for launching the app silently?

Otherwise the addon is working great. Thanks for all of your help. :welcome:

Thanks Mr.McNally I'm glad you find this addon useful. I also tried it on virtual and I have been using trial version on real machine also. Your password/loging in could conflict with program? Do you have administrator privileges when you log in. Do you have any program that monitors startup application like Startup Control Panel? BTW I did not encounter any problems running on startup and I have admin privileges but I don't use pass login. :rolleyes:

:shocking:

Thanks Mr.McNally I'm glad you find this addon useful. I also tried it on virtual and I have been using trial version on real machine also. Your password/loging in could conflict with program? Do you have administrator privileges when you log in. Do you have any program that monitors startup application like Startup Control Panel? BTW I did not encounter any problems running on startup and I have admin privileges but I don't use pass login. :rolleyes:

Yes, I am logging in as admin. I have xp password login. I also use truecrypt which also requires a login and being as powerful as it is, it takes several seconds to process the passwords.

To explain more, I originally found that the windows firewall was also enabled. When I turned it off, the windows security center acknowledged it a the primary firewall. I may have overlooked the possibility that the firewall actually started but there was no icon placed in the toolbar, which is what I was going by to determine if the firewall was running or not. It seems funny how I feel like I know what I am doing sometimes and then I make a statement like my last one where I find myself wondering how I could have tried to judge the function of the firewall be a little icon in the corner. I will at least check the task manager the next opportunity I get to boot that computer.

The thing about the app opening to full screen at startup has come in to a more manageable state. I was having the problem on the same install that I used the Yod'm addon, which corrupted my vidio drivers and caused my screen resolution to decrease to it's minimum. This was the cause for the amazingly large image when the LnS app started. With the correct drivers, if it were to start in a non minimized state at each system start, it would be entirely acceptable. If for no other reason than to keep me from relying on those little tool bar icons to confirm my security. :doh:

How do you like LooknStop? I feel far more in control that with something from the big names like norton or mcafee. I think the lifetime upgrade it really cool too. I dont know if you have been there but there is/was a site called firewallleaktest.com(cant seem to find it now) that tested several different software firewalls and looknstop did better than most all of them. I don't think the guy recommended it to the public due to its less than intuitive interface for the average user. I really like it. It is the first firewall I have used in a long time that hasn't wrecked my system or network somehow or another. It is very light on system resources. Maybe others will try it. I notice that the license is $29 for one but $20 each for 2. I think $20 is a great price for a highly acclaimed firewall with lifetime upgrades!

OK I will stop now before everyone becomes convinced that I am a LooknStop salesman! Thanks for your help Gorki. I realize that I may tell you some problem, like the app starting full screen, and then realize that the issue has to do with something unrelated to this thread. I apologize if I cause you any excess worry by doing so. I am doing my best to learn about this stuff. I appreciate your patience. :welcome:

OK Gorki, I must apologize once more. There is an option to have LnS start with windows. I guess that my installation didn't have this option selected, hence my problem.

I am beginning to wonder if I am making more trouble for you than being of some help to you.

Sorry for any trouble my oversight caused you. :doh: :oops:

Thanks for all of your help. :welcome:

OK Gorki, I must apologize once more. There is an option to have LnS start with windows. I guess that my installation didn't have this option selected, hence my problem.

I am beginning to wonder if I am making more trouble for you than being of some help to you.

Sorry for any trouble my oversight caused you. :doh: :oops:

Thanks for all of your help. :welcome:

Mr.McNally hey don't worry about that. I'm glad you sort things out. :beerchug: