Update

Legolash2o

Bad News

My coursework is nearly done, just need to compare it with peers to see if I have missed anything. Once done my first task will be to update the Exclusive ISOs. I will be spending about 3/4 of my time revising whilst fixing bugs in Win Toolkit with the other 1/4

Good News

From 1st June 2014 to May 2015 I won't be going home to work during the summer like I did last summer so I will be working 9am-5pm pretty much every day on Win Toolkit for my Final Year Project. This won't be just coding though, The initial month or so will be research and taking advantage of all the new features such as multi-threading and .NET 4.5

Since I won't be working, all donations will DEFINITELY be appreciated.

Great news! I want to bring up some unsolved complex stuff, that I've mentioned in the past years, in the order of their importance (my opinion, of course):

* the ordering of updates when loaded from subfolders - see here

* implementing all the tweaks from their thread, but more importantly adding to each tweak description the exact registry changes - mentioned it here (two reasons: some tweaks may be only windows 7 related, and may not work with 8.1, so users can verify if those tweaks work on live windows 8.1 systems, and another reason is transparency - some advanced users avoid making changes they don't understand)

* making the Unattended Maker in Win Toolkit really work, the result of it beeing an usable and comprehensive .xml file for both windows 7 and windows 8.1

PS: Hope you'll have time in the next week (Patch Tuesday week) for a new beta build, solving some small bugs reported, especially this one (marked as solved by you, although it isn't). On Friday I think, a week from now, I'm going to test a new iso build, so having a newer Win Toolkit that allows me to include the latest Intel chipset drivers would be fantastic :)

I'm currently in the revision period for my 3 exams next week and then it's all over. I can then once focus entirely on Win Toolkit + research.

News

I've started the process of updated the exclusive ISOs, it's just integrating the x64 updates at the moment. Whilst my computer does that I'll just casually be revising :)

P.S. My inbox looks like it's starting to fill up. Wish people would post problems / requests on the forum instead :(

So this mean no new beta builds for the next three weeks? :( I was hoping you'd have time for fixing only one urgent bug, as having the ability to integrate the latest Intel chipset drivers is very important in my opinion. As stated above, you cand read about it here :)

So the Exclusive ISOs have been finished and should be uploaded tomorrow. Your download options will be:

Windows 7 SP1 x64 May 2014

Windows 7 SP1 x64 May 2014 with .NET Framework 4.5.2

Windows 7 SP1 x86 May 2014

Windows 7 SP1 x86 May 2014 with .NET Framework 4.5.2

All ISOs have:

• Updates already in an 'Installed' state rather than 'Install Pending'. 
  • DirectX 9.0c (latest).
  • Updates from Windows Update.
  • Windows Update Cleanup ran.
  • Nothing has been removed
  • Only updates have been added, so no other modifications what-so-ever.

Hey im new to the forum but strait up with a question :P

Legolash2o, the iso's you are making are they multi language ? or english only ?

If english only i should be able to still apply other language packs without any problem right ?

Also unattended has not been added i hope ? :)

Thanks in advance.

English only. Yeah, you can integrate your Lang pack :)No unattended. Literally just updates, DirectX9.0c and some ISOs have .NET Framework 4.5.1

They are already uploaded. Just haven't released the latest version yet.

Ah good,

Currently made my own, but some fail, probably need to look thru at what i am missing or doing wrong,

Stuff like internet explorer etc.

But if there is a almost ready package for me to use it saves me a ton of time :D.

Currently there seem to be 27 important updates, 3 optional left after fresh install.

Also, could it be that if you press create unattended that the file is directly generated ?

I suddenly while testing had a problem, it saying i supplied a wrong license key, while i have not enabled anything of the kind, i do remember pressing unattended but never applied any.

Btw when are the latest releases planned for release ?

Well, seems i got to see about what i can contribute to this, as i don't have access haha.

Actually when you said updated iso links it was the first time i clicked the iso menu in the application and noticed there was such a section.

On another note, is it correct to assume when you have added multiple updates and then install language packs the new language will freeze on setup after installing ?

Edit, before i forget is it correct to assume that wintoolkit sometimes has problems deleting the temp file.

I had trouble intergrating language packs kept crashing pc restart reinstal didn't solve it,

I also noticed after i normaly started and closed wintoolkit it would hang then crash, as it said it was cleaning temp files.

I deleted them by hand i did got asked for permission agreed deleted it and it worked again.

Had this problem on a windows 7 home premium and my own system windows 8.1

Edit2,

Also i read that

#define WIM_FLAG_MOUNT_FAST 0×00000400
#define WIM_FLAG_MOUNT_LEGACY 0×00000800

Would speed up mounting yet found no defined proof about this, is this true and does wintoolkit make usage of this ?

Edited by ThuGie

lol, i was wating for the refreshed windows 7 sp1 with updates till may 2014, but didn't realize either that i have to be a contributor some how.

well that's a nice opportunity to donate! and help find more bugs!

Ah crap, I just remembered that the KBs listed in that tab are from the December release :P

@ThuGie

The top half requires a post. The 2nd part I will google once my exams are over. Exams on Tue and Thu, then done :D

Sorry, but what exactly requires a post ?

I re-read what i wrote and its quite a lot. so not sure.

If you mean the iso part, then i do not have any access unless i got some kind of key somewhere. to get half the access to the part of the application.

Sorry, but what exactly requires a post ?

I re-read what i wrote and its quite a lot. so not sure.

@ThuGie, I think Lego meant this part:

On another note, is it correct to assume when you have added multiple updates and then install language packs the new language will freeze on setup after installing ?

Edit, before i forget is it correct to assume that wintoolkit sometimes has problems deleting the temp file.

I had trouble intergrating language packs kept crashing pc restart reinstal didn't solve it,

I also noticed after i normaly started and closed wintoolkit it would hang then crash, as it said it was cleaning temp files.

I deleted them by hand i did got asked for permission agreed deleted it and it worked again.

Had this problem on a windows 7 home premium and my own system windows 8.1

Just copy that text (select, highlight and CTRL-C) and paste (CTRL-V) into a new post in the bugs section so you don't have to type it all in again. You can edit it as you like once you've pasted it there.

Cheers and Regards