[Solved] RunOnce not executed

Install of files, generated with WTK, completes without calling Wintoolkit_Apps (RunOnce). Files generated starting with downloaded Win7 x86 SP1 using Win7 x86 SP1 computer.  See attached session file for what was done.  The Wintoolkit_Apps directory and subdir are created, just not used.

BTW - why does the session file name contain date and time twice?

2014-05-04_06-56-22_2014-05-04_06-56-22 Win7 x86 #204.ini

Edited by DougSchuess

search in folder SOURCES for a file called Install.ini !

Open it  and see if you have these lines exactly as I have !

[Config]
INSTALLDIR=%DVD%:\WinToolkit_Apps

Edited by © KEiGHT

install.ini does not have the line.  I have pasted the file contents below.  Can I manually edit the file to add the line and rerun the install  as a work-around?

#Any line starting with a # are comments and will be ignored.

#Lets you specify the configuration of the installers
#InstallDir is where your apps are located.
#DriverDir is which directories to scan for inf files.
#Reboot makes RunOnce reboot Windows after completion.

#NOTE: INSTALLDIR will ALWAYS check the following directories even if not specified in the config section:
#INSTALLDIR=Sources\WinToolkit_Apps
#INSTALLDIR=WinToolkit_Apps

[Config]
INSTALLDIR=Sources\Apps
DRIVERDIR=Sources\Drivers

#Here are some other samples.
#INSTALLDIR=E:\Software
#DRIVERDIR=X:\MyDriverCollection
REBOOT=FALSE

#Things which will always get installed. Anything after * is a switch i.e. /S /Q /Silent
[Automatic]
#KBXXXXXX-x64=%DVD%:\WinToolkit_Apps\Windows6.1-KBXXXXXX-x64\Windows6.1-KBXXXXXX-x64.msu

#User will be asked to choose which of the following apps to install.
[Manual]
#Microsoft Office 2013=%DVD%:\WinToolkit_Apps\Office2013\Setup.exe*/configure %DVD%:\WinToolkit_Apps\Office2013\config.xml
#Example 1=%DVD%:\WinToolkit_Apps\ExampleProgram\Example.exe*/s

Edited by bphlpt
added spoiler tags

Modified file, pasted below, also did not execute RunOnce.  I am installing from a USB flash drive to a live (separate) hard drive partition.  Should "%DVD%" still be used?

#NOTE: INSTALLDIR will ALWAYS check the following directories even if not specified in the config section:

[Config]

REBOOT=FALSE

#Things which will always get installed. Anything after * is a switch i.e. /S /Q /Silent
[Automatic]
#KBXXXXXX-x64=%DVD%:\WinToolkit_Apps\Windows6.1-KBXXXXXX-x64\Windows6.1-KBXXXXXX-x64.msu

[Manual]
#Microsoft Office 2013=%DVD%:\WinToolkit_Apps\Office2013\Setup.exe*/configure %DVD%:\WinToolkit_Apps\Office2013\config.xml

Edited by bphlpt
added spoiler tags

If %SOURCEDIR% doesn't work neither, wait for WIncert Admins, for further instructions !

Personally, I install from USB HDD and HDD single Partition and...

[Config]

works for me  :)

Maybe you have something else wrong in this case !

You still use this version v1.4.37.20

Please use latest build from here : http://www.wincert.net/leli55PK/Testing/

and come back with news :)

Make sure to uncheck Delete Silent Installers from OPTIONS when you are prepared to start the compilation

Edited by © KEiGHT

Install of files, generated with WTK, completes without calling Wintoolkit_Apps (RunOnce). Files generated starting with downloaded Win7 x86 SP1 using Win7 x86 SP1 computer.  See attached session file for what was done.  The Wintoolkit_Apps directory and subdir are created, just not used.

BTW - why does the session file name contain date and time twice?

that file is set by default with time and date, you may delete and rename it as you wish that file and removed it from installation DIR after created(no needed) !

Edited by © KEiGHT

I ran WTK -> AIO with bare minimum (no additional drivers, tweaks or updates, just silent installer).  RunOnce (SilentInstaller) ran fine.  Install.ini does not have either of your suggested changes to it.  I have pasted the file contents below.

Refer last session .ini file name:  The prompt for the file name (when AIO -> start is pressed) has a single date/time instance, but the actual file has the date/time in the name twice - i.e "2014-05-04_23-02-30_2014-05-04_23-02-30.ini"

[Config]
INSTALLDIR=Sources\Apps

REBOOT=FALSE

[Automatic]

[Manual]

Edited by bphlpt
added spoiler tags

Please, put just the lines in discussion to have a clear conversation ! :) otherwise, we flood this forum. just [config] lines

So, now is working you say!

Verify the list of your additional drivers or software you wanna implement with Toolkit, because it seems there is something which you missed  !

Second place to verify is here :

Load from Toolkit, Advanced Tab, WIM Registry Editor>  WIM_SOFTWARE , and search for WinToolkit Key!

Here is what you add to be  installed, you can make changes or you may see what is not correctly added.

If you made some changes there, when you're out, don't forget to click SAVE IMAGE !

Edited by © KEiGHT

@DougSchuess

Please, put just the lines in discussion to have a clear conversation ! :) otherwise, we flood this forum. just [config] lines

To streamline the thread you can use [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] tags, (without the extra spaces of course), as I have added for you in your posts above, but when referring to the same file over and over, when only a few lines are changing, it doesn't make sense to keep listing the entire file every time.  So after listing the file once, you should do as Keight suggests and only list the changing lines of the file to help focus the readers attention.

Cheers and Regards

I went to the registry editor as instructed above.  The desired registry entries for my silent installs are present ( and pasted below), but RunOnce is not executed.

While testing, I have found a second bug.  The last session.ini file is not generated in either %Program Files%\WinToolkit\LastSessions directory or in the install files root.  When I pressed "start" (to start the WTK integration process), I was not presented with the question box for what to name the file.  Should I create a new topic for this, or continue this one?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIM_Software\WinToolkit]
"00000|DoubleDriver"="|%DVD%:\\WinToolkit_Apps\\DoubleDriver\\DoubleDriver.exe*"
"00001|EasyBCD 2.2"="|%DVD%:\\WinToolkit_Apps\\EasyBCD_2.2\\EasyBCD_2.2.exe*/S"
"00002|NetworkIndicatorSetup"="%DVD%:\\WinToolkit_Apps\\NetworkIndicatorSetup\\NetworkIndicatorSetup.exe*"
"00003|vcredist_x86"="|%DVD%:\\WinToolkit_Apps\\vcredist_x86\\vcredist_x86.exe*/passive /norestart"
"00004|MicrosoftCodecPack_x86"="|%DVD%:\\WinToolkit_Apps\\MicrosoftCodecPack_x86\\MicrosoftCodecPack_x86.msi*/passive /norestart"
"00005|IE11-Windows7-x86-en-us"="%DVD%:\\WinToolkit_Apps\\IE11-Windows7-x86-en-us\\IE11-Windows7-x86-en-us.exe*/passive /closeprograms"

While testing, I have found a second bug.  The last session.ini file is not generated in either %Program Files%\WinToolkit\LastSessions directory or in the install files root.  When I pressed "start" (to start the WTK integration process), I was not presented with the question box for what to name the file.  Should I create a new topic for this, or continue this one?

Liam would appreciate it if you created a different thread.  It helps him keep the bugs sorted as to which ones he has addressed and which ones he has not.  TIA

Cheers and Regards

He needs prerequisites before it is installed !

; The following are prerequisites for installing IE 11 x64
[Prerequisites]
WIN7_SP1=KB2834140 KB2670838 KB2639308 KB2533623 KB2731771 KB2729094 KB2786081 KB2888049 KB2882822

• 2 weeks later...