Move files into mount

ThuGie

Hey,

Currently if i need to install or need to put files into a iso i will need to use dism and mount it and copy the files over,

But mostly i use wintoolkit for about everything, so would it be possible to have a new tab where i can select files + directory where to put files ?

As this would save a ton of time when i need to do 5 different mounts + 4 for 64bit.

Sample, placing the SetupComplete.cmd file,

Would be nice if i could just select the file and it would be added, + other files i have SetupComplete.cmd set to run or move etc.

I have some applications i would love to have in the iso like panda cloud, flash, adobe reader, open office etc.

But not pre-installed simply a install so i can choose install it or delete it after i installed windows.

Currently i would have to mount it etc, but if wintoolkit can do it whole it has it mounted it would save so much time :).

Just a request, hope it can be added though.

Thanks in advance.

Hey,

It is 2 am, so i might be mistaken, missing some information on the page,

But i don't quite think this is what i am looking for.

I use serva to install over network, i do actually think it does support this as it does generate a OEM directory, where i place the network drivers.

The the plan is, to place installation or information files on the desktop, so the person who is installing the system, is able to choose if the files should be installed or deleted.

And some should simply run once on first startup, where SetupComplete.cmd seems to be perfect for, but right now adding SetupComplete.cmd + other files is done by mounting seperatly, but i rather simply do it strait from wintoolbox.

Instead mounting it again after finishing running wintoolbox. to actually finish the setup i want.

It seems even though i am on a octa core, and ssd, mounting/unmounting etc still takes quite a few hours.

Probably cause dism does not seem to be multithreading at all.

So even if it saves 5-10 minutes, its enough for me to see it fit to be implented in wintoolkit.

Edit:

I did however, saved the url for later reviewing.

Edited by ThuGie

You have two options for your goal.

1. Set up in WinToolkit the RunOnce installer for the silent programs you want to "Install Automatically".  For the programs you want the user interaction just untick "Install Automatically" box.

2. Set up the OEM folder to \$OEM$\C\Users\Public\Desktop\Optional_Programs_to_install. Maybe put a text file with description what the end user should do with this folder and call this file from SetupComplete.cmd

2. Set up the OEM folder to \$OEM$\C\Users\Public\Desktop\Optional_Programs_to_install. Maybe put a text file with description what the end user should do with this folder and call this file from SetupComplete.cmd

To be safer for most installations, the \$OEM$\C\Users\Public\Desktop\Optional_Programs_to_install should be rewritten as one of the following:

\$OEM$\$1\Users\Public\Desktop\Optional_Programs_to_install

or

\$OEM$\$Docs\Public\Desktop\Optional_Programs_to_install

The first option takes care of those who choose not to use the "C" drive as their install drive.  The second option is for those who also decide to rename their "Documents and Settings" folder.  It keeps your Windows setup working like it should.

This actually seems like a good way to do it,

Though, i have 3 languages installed, Public is what it would be in english,

But i assume it will fail if i install as dutch. as there its called Openbaar

But there is a Default account name, so i will try that :) see how it works out :P.

For some reason i was under the impression i was only able to make 1 directory and that i could only make it directly under the drive letter.

I'm not sure about this but as the copy will happen before the actual install ...

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that the copy happened after install, but before any users were created, which was why sometimes you got unexpected results or duplicate folders created if you tried to copy anything to a particular user's folder, even the built-in Administtrator.

Cheers and Regards.

For some reason i was under the impression i was only able to make 1 directory and that i could only make it directly under the drive letter.

If you were referring to the $OEM$ folders option, you can actually create an unlimited amount of folders (only limited by space/filesystem) with the appropriate variable names for the $OEM$ folder documentation.  Microsoft has had OEMs do it this way for years. That is why many OEM install disks include way too much crapware.

SIDE NOTE:  The following link can help with some of the folder 'variable' names you can use: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766228%28WS.10%29.aspx