[Solved] WT self destroy! LOL

adminxp

check logs

Log ID: 1xA9FC0D2F72744A2F1D4FDE0428E08BDE_Ex060034AC_frmISOMaker_ru-RU_120279

Log ID: 1xB307B0BB7570116E851C030F97533FAB_Ex06003ADB_frmISOMaker_ru-RU_117307

I downloaded latest updates (alphadownloader) and try to integrate them. WT finishes its work but with errors. Iso maker make image also with error and final ISO exclude install.wim file.

After closing WINTOOLKIT - it delete itself - i mean executable file WinToolkit.exe.

repeated 5 times = same result

Anti-virus switched off? There's no way in hell it can delete itself via code.

1) yes it is off.

2) it never detected virus in WT

3) If it be deleted by antivirus - there is a pop up message about it - I had no any message.

the main problem is with some error during updates integration, which dont allow to include install wim to be in final image after AIO finished.

also I cant use AIO after such error till reboot my PC, otherwise i got error with blank error description.

after this WT deletes itself.

Edited by adminxp

Tried to talk with you via skype to show bug. but u didnt answered.

What i do: 

1) download 7z arch with WT

2) unarchive it

3) launch WT

4) close WT

5) after 1-2 seconds after close WinToolkit.exe disappear

ALSO

On 3rd try to unarchive WT in current folder I get access error , till reboot.

Then there must be something fishy going on with your Computers, as I have ran WinToolkit multiple times today, different builds to debug some driver integration issues and it hasnt deleted it even once.

Also I never have had any permission or access errors. :g:

And as I stated before there is no way that running executable would be able to delete itself in normal conditions, as file would be in use.

Edited by Etz

i removed file Settings.txt from wintoolkit dir and this solved the problem with self delete of WT.

check this file: Link Removed

Dont tell me that you are using Warez as your source... :g:

Edited by Legolash2o

i removed file Settings.txt from wintoolkit dir and this solved the problem with self delete of WT.

check this file: Link Removed

Dont tell me that you are using Warez as your source... :g:

the file or its contents was not posted on the forum. no problem.

And as I stated before there is no way that running executable would be able to delete itself in normal conditions, as file would be in use.

There are plenty of ways to so:

- On execution WinToolkit.exe you would spawn one addional process hooking ExitProcess for example

waiting for the correct trigger and then deleting the file ..  i could come up with at least 5 more ways..

, but i'm pretty sure it unpacks somewhere into 2 or more files and just waits for the child process to close it and dekete the file

before executing the actual Wintoolkit.exe ... upload the file to VT and post the report

... or send me link to the file via PM and i'll analyse it and tell you exactly what it does and what it may have done to your system

Edited by nonspin

There are plenty of ways to so:

- On execution WinToolkit.exe you would spawn one addional process hooking ExitProcess for example

waiting for the correct trigger and then deleting the file ..  i could come up with at least 5 more ways..

, but i'm pretty sure it unpacks somewhere into 2 or more files and just waits for the child process to close it and dekete the file

before executing the actual Wintoolkit.exe ... upload the file to VT and post the report

... or send me link to the file via PM and i'll analyse it and tell you exactly what it does and what it may have done to your system

Now read my sentence again, I meaned "normal" conditions, as there is always a way...via helper proces, etc, etc...

And about warez...I meaned it can contain unknown extras and if you use it as source image, I predicted he had installed it (or something similar) also on hes PC

So we have absolutely no idea how such system would behave...or what it includes, how it is modified, etc...

Edited by Etz

His system was installed over 2 years ago with LOTS of modifications. I tend to re-install every 3 months lol.

LOL. I tend to do it in every 6-12 months or so...no wonder hes system behaves sometimes oddly :D

i used to reinstall OS ever 3 months before. but after 10 year race i am too lazy to do it :D

OS reinstalled - problem solved.

Anyway it was super fun how liam was surpised of behavior of my pc - it cost to see\hear :D