Windows Media Player crashes

mission

Hello!

Few days ago i wanted to open wmp and vista shows that crasing window (Windows Media Player has stopped working...). I was looking on google about this problem but couldn't find anything usefull.. Vista is up to date. What shall i do?

Regards

Event Viewer says this:

General:

Faulting application wmplayer.exe, version 11.0.6000.6324, time stamp 0x4549b52a, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549bd80, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x000494c4, process id 0x1464, application start time 0x01c7b66ea2411401.

Details:

wmplayer.exe

4549b52a

kernel32.dll

4549bd80

c0000005

000494c4

01c7b66ea2411401

Hello!

Im searching any information of this error but really cant find it.. I also dont have a clue how to reinstall WMP. Vista simply doesn't let me because it says that update is older version that i have. I have deleted codecs and reinstalled them. I have also uninstalled some vista updates but still no change. :confused02: Any suggestions how can i reinstall wmp?

thx

Hello!

Im searching any information of this error but really cant find it.. I also dont have a clue how to reinstall WMP. Vista simply doesn't let me because it says that update is older version that i have. I have deleted codecs and reinstalled them. I have also uninstalled some vista updates but still no change. :confused02: Any suggestions how can i reinstall wmp?

thx

try to do a system restore to when WMP was actually working, then retrace your steps from there to make sure you don't get this problem again :)

Hm.. Will this system restore change everything or just windows files? I cant afford that it will delete my files..

Well, you shouldn't loose your data, here's how it works:

Windows XP periodically records a snapshot of your computer. These snapshots are called restore points. Windows XP also creates restore points at the time of significant system events (such as when an application or driver is installed) or you can create and name your own restore points at any time. If you've installed a program that has made your computer unstable, you can open system restore, choose a restore point, and return your computer to its previous stable state.

When you run System Restore, a calendar is displayed to help you find restore points. If you don't use your computer every day, some days might not have any restore points. If you use your computer frequently, you might have restore points almost every day, and some days might have several restore points.

Use System Restore to undo changes you've made to your computer.

Before you open the System Restore console, you may want to save your work and close all programs since System Restore requires you to restart your computer.

There are two ways to access System Restore, through Help and Support or through your All Programs folder.

BTW, anyway you can backup your important data, just to be sure.. :sweatingbullets: