Driverpacks integration

symbios24

Hello I currently having problem trying to integrate driverpacks to a windows 7 sp1 32bit iso using the SAD3 Tool( Stand Alone Driverpack utility )

"http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=5336"

what i do is create the following folders in sources: $oem$/$1/D/SAD3/ and $oem$/$$/Setup/Scripts/

after that i extract the tool in the folder sources/$oem$/$1/D/SAD3/

and put the compressed "7z" driverpacks into the sources/$oem$/$1/D/SAD3/NT6/x86 folder and the setupcomplete.cmd script in the sources/oem$/$$/Setup/Scripts/ folder

the script it self has the commands:

@echo off
START %systemdrive%\DP_Install_Tool.cmd /s

after that i save the iso

after the windows setup finish nothing happens no drivers installed

what do i do wrong???

Appreciate any Help. :g:

Edited by symbios24

• 1 month later...

I have absolute dunno about this tool, lol.

But i would suggest you to use WinWoolKit to integrate just the drivers.

Extract the 7z and add with WTK to integrate them into your system.

Large Packs you can just extract into folder named "drivers" in root of ISO/Install-Disk.

Then rebuild the image with WTK to get a sweet driver-installer, runs after installation.

Greez

What error-message come especially?

Have you the install-image tested in VM?

Some errors are normal, someones not.

I suggest you to use my special driver-packs for integration.

All other drivers you can park in "drivers"-folder, dont neet to integrated.

http://www.wincert.net/forum/forum/66-tips-and-tricks/

(Look for DriverPacks, the first threads in this subforum)

Greez

• 2 months later...

Hi.

I do it like this;

In \$oem$\$$\Setup\scripts\SETUPCOMPLETE.cmd

REG ADD %KEY%\070 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\D\SAD2\DP_Install_Tool.cmd /s" /f

In \$oem$\$1\D\SAD2\NT6\x64 I have this:

DP_CardReaders_wnt6-x64_11041.7z

DP_Chipset_wnt6-x64_1212.7z

DP_LAN_wnt6-x64_1208.7z

DP_Misc_wnt6-x64_1202.7z

DP_Webcam_wnt6-x64_1103.7z

DP_WLAN_wnt6-x64_1203.7z

Have you posted your question on the drivers pack forum? Mr.SmartyPants, OverFlow and the other guys on there are super helpful...

Hi.

I do it like this;

In \$oem$\$$\Setup\scripts\SETUPCOMPLETE.cmd

REG ADD %KEY%\070 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\D\SAD2\DP_Install_Tool.cmd /s" /f

In \$oem$\$1\D\SAD2\NT6\x64 I have this:

DP_CardReaders_wnt6-x64_11041.7z

DP_Chipset_wnt6-x64_1212.7z

DP_LAN_wnt6-x64_1208.7z

DP_Misc_wnt6-x64_1202.7z

DP_Webcam_wnt6-x64_1103.7z

DP_WLAN_wnt6-x64_1203.7z

Don't want to derail the OP's thread but I think I am asking a similar thing regarding how to integrate drivers and we can all learn from it http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/12733-driver-integration-method-question/could you help us/me understand how this function works? I am just starting to experiment with adding drivers this way. Thanks and really nice 8.1 thread  :prop:

Large Packs you can just extract into folder named "drivers" in root of ISO/Install-Disk.

Then rebuild the image with WTK to get a sweet driver-installer, runs after installation.

Edited by compstuff

@compstuff and others who need this help...

It's easy to do it so you don't have to bloat the install.wim with large packs of drivers. For install you can only integrate chipset and massstorage if really needed, to minimize the bloat.

As Lego pointed in the other thread, you just need to process at least once the install source with WinToolkit to this function to work.

So, if you first integrated the updates with WinToolkit than you can consider this will work as is since the install.wim was mounted to integrate the updates and with this process WinToolkit adds the driver installer to the install chain. If you integrate the updates by other methods and not with WinToolkit than you need to mount the install.wim with WinToolkit than unmount it and save the image. You can use WIM Manager to mount > unmount > save image than you are good to go to make a folder "Drivers" and copy in it all drivers you have/need for that install.

The drivers need to be unpacked in each respective folder. Just inf drivers no zip/rar or exe.

The "Drivers" folder can be on source install media or any other drive / partition that is connected to the computer at install time but it needs to be in the root of the drive. (D:\Drivers, E:\Drivers, F:\Drivers etc.)

Hope this clears thing for you.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your clarification ianymaty. I just wanted to be sure though about two things:

1. Should I copy all driver files into the "...sources/drivers/" folder root, or can they remain in the subfolder structures as downloaded from driverpacks?

2. Should I delete absolutely all non .inf files when I'm copying here (msi, sys, exe, etc)?

Thanks!