Legolash2o

Does anybody have any feedback on the latest v2.0.0.x test? What do you think of it? :)

Currently I'm working on it from 8AM-4PM and then again at 8-9PM to 12AM  :type:  :omg:

EDIT: If you have any feedback about the tooltips or think I should add xyz to a description, please let me know in here. I know Thiersee has some :P

Overall the new Win Toolkit looks extremely smooth and modern, UI is clean and all required tools are easily to find. Font + Text is the right size for most people to read, colours don't impact on eyes (aren't too bright or dark).

Icons/menus are well laid out and categories appropiately.

I'll say very good work bud!

B. K.

Looks interesting - only thing I am sceptical about is the shortcorts on top, in the "titlebar" - don´t like them.

Please foregive me for being honest... but You asked for opinions.

Edited by sweden8

At the moment only one:

continue this way, adding lines at the bottom of every section and do not mix up, if you can.

I found 1 duplicate:

<system:String x:Key="FrmMain-00000016">If you don't like installing from DVD, use this tool to make your USB drive bootable. You can

prepare even prepare your USB stick without losing any data!</system:String>

Thiersee

Looks interesting - only thing I am sceptical about is the shortcorts on top, in the "titlebar" - don´t like them.

Please foregive me for being honest... but You asked for opinions.

Nah, the honesty is fine so no need to apologize.

At the moment only one:

continue this way, adding lines at the bottom of every section and do not mix up, if you can.

Thiersee

Thanks, fixed. Can't help about the mix up, I'm doing in the order they are specified within the WPF XAML code.

Hi Lego,

I had a suggestion ;).

On line 95 (english) you wrote

<system:String x:Key="FrmMain-00000043">Converts *.MSU Windows Update files into *.cab so that they can be integrated. *Can result in quicker integration time.</system:String>

I think some people not much familiar with Integration/WTK may understand, they MUST convert .MSU into .CAB.

I would write in the note

<system:String x:Key="FrmMain-00000043">Converts *.MSU Windows Update files into *.cab so that they can be integrated. *

Both .MSU and .CAB can be integrated, but .CAB-Integration can results in quicker integration time.</system:String>

What do you think about?

Thiersee

Edited by Thiersee

on line 158 you have    

<system:String x:Key="FrmMain-00000104">This is basically 'regedit.exe', but with the mounted image registry. You can also import registry files too so your custom made tweaks will be in your mounted image after installation.

CAUTION: Only use this if you have experience with Windows registry editor. This can seriously cause damage!</system:String>

Change to

<system:String x:Key="FrmMain-00000104">This is basically 'regedit.exe', but with the mounted image registry. You can also import registry files so that your custom tweaks will be in your mounted image after installation.

CAUTION: Only use this if you have experience with Windows registry editor. This can seriously cause damage!</system:String>

Lego: Thanks done. Test 2.0.0.10B released

Edited by Legolash2o
Done.

On line 155

<system:String x:Key="FrmMain-00000100">The ISO Maker allows you to make new *.iso images to either mount or burn your customized

image. It contains options to rebuild your image to help reduce its size and even supports creating UEFI bootable DVDs!</system:String>

May be better

<system:String x:Key="FrmMain-00000100">The ISO Maker allows you to make new *.iso images to either mount or burn your customized

DVD. It contains options to rebuild your image to help reduce its size and even supports creating UEFI bootable DVDs!</system:String>

Thiersee

Lego: Good idea, done. 

Edited by Legolash2o
Done suggestion

Fixed, thanks :)

Not completely ;)...

The text in the button too is not OK

16twfoftdttx.jpg

Other issues:

newline doesn't work anymore, no newline after NOTE & Caution

sh51uomv5fjv.jpg

A little more space for the disclaimer would be good.

Edit:
it would be better to keep the same name for the test-version: WinToolkitv2.exe, as in 2.0.0.10 and before, and NOT WinToolkit.exe, as in 2.0.0.10B and for version 1

Thiersee
Edited by Thiersee

Thanks, I've pinned that post in the bookmarks bar so it will get done when I get back home. :)

EDIT: What's wrong with the 'Save ISO' button?

In the xaml, change the top line:

<ResourceDictionary xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"

xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
                    xmlns:system="clr-namespace:System;assembly=mscorlib">

to (add the xml:space="preserve") at the end of the first part.

<ResourceDictionary xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"

xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
                    xmlns:system="clr-namespace:System;assembly=mscorlib" xml:space="preserve">

Wrong is in my opinion the text in the button (Picture):

in step 4 should be "Create ISO" and not "Save ISO"

step 2 could be "ISO Path".

Thiersee

P.S.: ****, I destroyed my it-IT.xaml for the italian language :ranting:!

And, of course, NO BACKUP 0045.gif!

It means again from the beginning....

Edited by Thiersee

Hi Lego,

again issues:

1) Line 161 & 164: same title.

2) Tab "Tools" field-size: can be to small to show icons, if the text in a field before is to long

en-US

tgw1bqmbgon.jpg

it-IT

tsy81joypyz.jpg

3) the fields "Imaging" and "Converters" are not translated.

for the issue 2): can I put "extra" newlines to break the length into 3 lines instead of 2?

Thiersee

<!--Splash Screen-->

<system:String x:Key="FrmStartup-00000003">Eating Cheese...</system:String>

<system:String x:Key="FrmStartup-00000004">Locating Hamster...</system:String>              what is this?

<!--Main Menu-->

<system:String x:Key="FrmMain-00000003"              missing? disabled? In previous version it was <system:String x:Key="FrmMain-00000003">Go online to get help using this screen.</system:String>

<system:String x:Key="FrmMain-00000072">"Microsoft Wallpapers</system:String>              are the quotation marks necessary?

<!--ISO Maker-->

<system:String x:Key="FrmISOMaker-00000000">ISO Maker</system:String>

is this correct? 2x? Second time with a period?

<system:String x:Key="FrmISOMaker-00000003">ISO Maker.</system:String>

1. On the Main tab a verical scroll band could be usefull.

I can't fiind (again) the attach button. Here is the new Romanian lang  - http://www.datafilehost.com/d/7777238d

I will answer them in order.

• There's no code in the splash screen yet, so I just added random status's to show what it would look like. When code is added, they will be replaced with the usual 'Loading Settings...', 'Checking for ABC...', etc...
  • I added that small help button on the other screens (ISO Maker and MSU to CAB), so it got moved to global.

<system:String x:Key="FrmMain-00000003" will be replaced with 'Wincert Forum'

• Removed the quotation mark
  • Turns it out it's not even used so removed the additional 'ISO Maker.' from the list.

I've added the scrollbar, but it will only show if needed. Thanks for the Romanian file. :)

EDIT: As usual, released a new test.

You also need to replace FrmMain-00000026 with: (Assuming 'Forumul' means forum) but it's already been done in the latest test :)

<system:String x:Key="FrmMain-00000026">Forumul</system:String>