Updates don't install, neither integrate, sfx, setupcomplete for kb2830477 kb2965788 kb2923545

x23piracy

Hi,

i have a problem with the following 3 updates, no way for me to integrate them:

kb2830477 kb2965788 kb2923545

Integrate does not work, install as SFX does not work and setupcomplete does not work not directly and also not with the runonce method for example:

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce" /V 108 /D "CMD /C START /WAIT net use x: \\172.19.102.17\Install\Windows 7 /USER:fog install" /fREG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce" /V 109 /D "CMD /C START /WAIT wusa.exe "x:\sources\$oem$\$$\Setup\scripts\Windows6.1-KB2830477-x64.msu" /quiet /norestart" /f...

Has anyone an idea what the problem is? is there a special order for installing?

Also if i try to install the missing ones over windows update the kb2830477 never installs, i have to reboot and then it works, seems to be an update that has to installed alone not together with others or in special not the two others that not integrate for me.

Anyone familiar with these kb's?

Regards X23

Edited by x23piracy

Hi,

I've just finished an installation without issues...

In this case installed after Windows has been restarted (out of RunOnce); within RunOnce absolutely the same!

me4b4efwvy5i.jpg

And again: try the last version 1.4.46.1!

MfG, Thiersee

ok means you could successfully integrate them with latest wintoolkit, and you don't use setupcomplete to install them right?

If your answer is yes i will try the latest wintoolkit version to integrate them.

Regards X23

Edited by x23piracy

Yes, I install this three KBs (together with a couple others...) under SFX-Installer, either each KB in the list or all the KBs packed in an SFX-Archive (with switches) and I do not use setupcomplete.

But I can't say anymore, since which WTK-version: I mean a lot...

MfG, Thiersee

Hi,

Thiersee i am actually testing to integrate that 3 updates with the latest wtk version,

Hi,

YOU CAN'T INTEGRATE KB2923545!

To install this update Windows MUST run!

This KB is an update for RDP/RDC, like the two in this thread, post #10; if you don't integrate the requisite for RDP/RDC KB2574819-v2 & KB2857650 (WTK sorts them automatically to the prerequisite),

you can't integrate other updates for RDP/RDC.

This is the list of the RDP/RDC-updates from WHD:

Remote Desktop Protocol Package:

- To get only RDP 8.0 (contains Client and Service):

1.  KB2574819-v2 (Install in Normal GDR-mode, not forced LDR-mode.)

2.  KB2592687

3.  KB2862019

4.  KB2965788

- To get only RDP 8.1 (contains Client):

2.  KB2857650

3.  KB2830477

4.  KB2923545

5.  KB2964833

- To get Both Packages:

2.  KB2857650

3.  KB2592687

4.  KB2830477

5.  KB2923545

6.  KB2964833

7.  KB2965788

The red under updates, all other under SFX-Installers, switches /quiet /norestart.

could you also integrate 2862330 without problems?

Yes, no issue!

MfG, Thiersee

Hi,

very strange i see this when everything is finished:

ILMi2uO.png

If i click on update history i see this:

p4tyvfu.png

When i check which updates windows update offers me i see this:

cl0WwRc.png

The history says all installed good but windows update offers that updates... hmm

I can install the missing ones now together, before 2830477 always failed and only could install

after the next reboot without installing any of the other offered updates above.

@Thiersee if i use the latest wtk version it breaks my image. Installer never appears again even

if i change nothing (just create wim again), mount, unmount, rebuild.

This is my setupcomplete.cmd:

@echo offcd %~dp0start /wait rvkroots.exe /Q:A /R:Nstart /wait wusa.exe Windows6.1-KB2533552-x64.msu /quiet /norestartstart /wait wusa.exe Windows6.1-KB2603229-x64.msu /quiet /norestartnet use x: "\\172.19.102.17\Install\Windows 7" /USER:fog installREG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce" /V 108 /D "CMD /C START /WAIT net use x: \\172.19.102.17\Install\Windows 7 /USER:fog install" /fREG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce" /V 109 /D "CMD /C START /WAIT wusa.exe "x:\sources\$oem$\$$\Setup\scripts\Windows6.1-KB2592687-x64.msu" /quiet /norestart" /fREG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce" /V 110 /D "CMD /C START /WAIT wusa.exe "x:\sources\$oem$\$$\Setup\scripts\Windows6.1-KB2830477-x64.msu" /quiet /norestart" /fREG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce" /V 111 /D "CMD /C START /WAIT wusa.exe "x:\sources\$oem$\$$\Setup\scripts\Windows6.1-KB2923545-x64.msu" /quiet /norestart" /fREG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce" /V 112 /D "CMD /C START /WAIT wusa.exe "x:\sources\$oem$\$$\Setup\scripts\Windows6.1-KB2965788-x64.msu" /quiet /norestart" /fSTART %systemdrive%\DP_Install_Tool.cmd /s

I've just finished an installation without issues...

In this case installed after Windows has been restarted (out of RunOnce); within RunOnce absolutely the same!

me4b4efwvy5i.jpg

And again: try the last version 1.4.46.1!

MfG, Thiersee

What do you mean out of runonce? I know 3 cases:

- Integrate

- SFX/Silent what ever you call it (WTK)

- SetupComplete

Is the installation attempt to early if i set them to install after next reboot (runonce)? If that is also to early howto manage that? A runonce in front that will set all the other runonces after first runonce? (Cascading)? I am confused...

KB2965788 and KB2830477 are specific for RDP/RDC; if you did not integrate the prerequisite or RDP/RDC at all

may be they can make trouble.

Thiersee

Could you give me a hint with which method and in which order i have to install my missing ones and what to care about the above (2965788 and 2830477) I am really struggling where to install what in which order :( sorry

One more idea would you see my sfx list? is there maybe also a order important for example, is it recommended to install them first or last within the sfx section?

0NQKOYY.png

FYI the base Image i am working with and i dont like to skip it is from 03.12.2013 since then i haven't updated and now it was time (i know to late) but i think this information may could give a hint.

Regards X23

Edited by x23piracy

What do you mean out of runonce? I know 3 cases:

- Integrate

- SFX/Silent what ever you call it (WTK)

- SetupComplete

I've installed with WPI (Windows Post Installer; but, as I said, if I put those updates under SFX-Installers, I do not have issues.

When i check which updates windows update offers me i see this:

What I can see here: the size of KB2830477 is very small (984 KB against 6,6 MB), may be WU is asking for missing components, not for the complete update.

Could you give me a hint with which method and in which order i have to install my missing ones and what to care about the above (2965788 and 2830477) I am really struggling where to install what in which order :( sorry

I did it already in my previous post, in the spoiler ;); in my installation they are under SFX-Silent-Installers.

Just a couple of questions:

1) Did you integrate the two red KBs (necessary for RDP/RDC and for the other KBs in the list)?

2) How many updates do you integrate?

MfG, Thiersee

Hi,

in my installation they are under SFX-Silent-Installers.

Just a couple of questions:

1) Did you integrate the two red KBs (necessary for RDP/RDC and for the other KBs in the list)?

2) How many updates do you integrate?

MfG, Thiersee

is it possible to see a screener of your always silent's please?

for 1: I think yes but i need to get sure about.

for 2: 99% from the GDR ones, for the complete list i have to rebuild a windows 7 installation i don't know another way to see the list, is there something else to get a quick listing which ones are allready integrated?

I will also check my updates folder from where i integrate if i can find the red updates there, i will need some minutes.

Edit:

i searched through my old backups and current update files folders and i can only find:

jFgoMKP.png

but i cannot locate KB2857650 anywhere but why?

Windows Update does not offer it, isn't it GDR?

Edit:

kb2574819 allready integrated:

CNSVpuU.png

kb2857650 is missing:

XQWhAY8.png

Regards X23

Edited by x23piracy

Hi,

ok i've downloaded the kb2857650:

1I7VgMh.png

KACqngU.png

Should i integrate this single update and then the rest of it by sfx in the following order?:

3.  KB2592687
4.  KB2830477
5.  KB2923545
6.  KB2964833
7.  KB2965788

Edit:

Actually the build is running, i hope that's it :) thumb pressing please

Regards X23

Edited by x23piracy

Should i integrate this single update and then the rest of it by sfx in the following order?:

3.  KB2592687

4.  KB2830477

5.  KB2923545

6.  KB2964833

7.  KB2965788

You can try it, but I think it's better if you integrate again from scratch (fresh ISO):

KB2574819 and KB2857650 go to "Prerequisite" (WTK moves them) and those "3. to 5." as Silent-Installers.

BTW, KB2603229 (first picture from your post #10) should go to the silent-installers too.

MfG, Thiersee

Hi,

install finished and it looks good only one update left :)

(the unmarked are unwanted andunnecessary)

WfhnU8F.png

Curious 2965788 still not installed my silent's are:

VdQQNNd.png

is 2862330 problematic for 2965788? hmm but it's after not before...

my setupcomplete:

SPQrjY8.png

Regards X23

Edited by x23piracy

Curious 2965788 still not installed my silent's are:

Be so kind, please, and post your Preset-INI with ALL the KB you have integrated.

is 2862330 problematic for 2965788? hmm but it's after not before...

Should not, they have nothing to do with each other.

BTW, to you silents-installers:

you do not need to integrate NDP451, NDP452 is enough.

MfG, Thiersee

Hi,

Be so kind, please, and post your Preset-INI with ALL the KB you have integrated.

BTW, to you silents-installers:

you do not need to integrate NDP451, NDP452 is enough.

MfG, Thiersee

i wish i could but i don't have a complete ini, don't ask there, was a break between but i knew the latest stand. ;)

I've removed NDP451 and added KB2603229 to silent/sfx

is 2862330 correct under silent/sfx?

what about 2533552 and rvkroots is it correct in setupcomplete?

Regards X23

Edited by x23piracy

i wish i could but i don't have a complete ini, don't ask there, was a break between but i knew the latest stand. ;)

Does it mean, you work always on an ISO you have already modified in the past???

In this case I can only say:

Good Luck!

is 2862330 correct under silent/sfx?

Should be under Updates....

what about 2533552 and rvkroots is it correct in setupcomplete?

I can't say, I don't have any experience with setupcomplete; I have both under Silent-Installers-SFX (or in WPI).

MfG, Thiersee