[Addon] Kels Runtimes 7.8.4

Hi again Kel

I don't know about these VC++ Runtime issues... I installed AutoItRecorder after installing AutoIt (I forgot the standalone SciTe had the better recorder separately and it seems AutoItRecorder placed an exe in the start menu instead of a shortcut. Until I realised it, I kept getting errors when starting it "msvcp71d.dll" (or something like that) is missing. Of course, all 7.1d dlls are missing. It seems they are updates to the VC++ 2003 Runtime (newer dlls). I started the program from where it installed and it worked because the dlls were there with the executable. Problem is, maybe I just figured out why the two who posted here have had problems with software needing "VC++ 2005 SP1 runtimes" even though your pack was installed. Maybe they are wrong and it was 2003 version of the runtime. I checked out MS website and there's no pack for those runtimes, each application has to take care of copying them to a handy location. Now, would you be nice and add those if they are newer ? Maybe that will solve people's issues. I've only found the files on dll download websites.

Now the more important reason I'm posting: could you tell me how to slim down the pack to be suitable for installing on Windows XP Service Pack 3 Professional ? As you said, many runtimes are already included with the OS.

Thank you

Brunetu, make that "many OBSOLETE runtimes are already included".

The point of the pack is to make a more complete runtime installation AND to create a more UP TO DATE installation.

I don't mind that, I'd just want to be able to remove some of the dlls, the pack has gotten quite big :P. Anyway, my XP USB install is almost exactly 1GB but smaller so it still fits. I was just asking because I saw that Kel answered to someone that he would make a smaller pack available for XP, maybe not public or not here. I don't think a separate pack for XP would bother anyone.

hi brunetu! i'm not sure exactly what you meant by slimmed pack (like which contents would be retained or taken out) ... but you could try checking this 1 out: [Release] Microsoft Runtime Libraries 1.4.8 (32-bit) by code65536 ... although this was last edited by the maker on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:51 am. as it stands, kel's work has all these & then some. :P there's another one that you might want take a look at too: RogueSpear's Runtime Collection thanks!

I was refering to removing dlls that are already included in XP SP3 Pro which I don't need because the pack has gotten quite large already, so I guess one can say slimmed down :P Thanks for directions, I'll check them out, but I think I'm going to stick with Kel's pack, I trust his work. Thing is, I haven't done inf installers and it would be hard for me to tell which lines I have to remove.

Edited by brunetu

hi kel! hope you don't mind if i move over our conversation here. maybe other readers could pick something from this.

... .cats actually exist in a couple of the asms folders.

FIX you ask?

Remove the asms folder from my runtimes and manually drop it into the I386 folder.

:D i'll do that ... but doesn't i386 already have an asms directory? although looking at the asms in your cab, these are labeled 80-90. thanks kel! ... when i used Kels_Runtimes_addon_v2.6.6.CAB (this also had an asms directory: 80), it worked ...
hi kel! checking on asms directory, i believe it could accommodate the new sub directories from your runtime (since the ones i see are labeled 60, 70 then skips to 1000). however, if i enabled asms compression via nLite, would this have any effect on successfully putting the 80 & 90 subs? thanks!

edit: just checked on the result of integration ... i think pretty much it was handled successfully since i now see asms sub-directories 60, 70, 80, 90. isn't this a good indicator? ;) thanks again.

Edited by kiki burgh

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...