Windows Home Server

Hunterx14

I've been catching articles on this every now and again and am considering loading it on an old pc. Has anyone here actually tried it out? I'd like to get some unbiased opinions as to whether it is worth fiddling with this or if I should just stick to using one of my computers with WindowsXP as my backup pc. Obviously there are other things that could be done with it as well. I'm just curious to see what people think before I take the plunge.

I've just installed it on one of the PC's at work. Haven't played with it yet but for a start I noticed one interesting thing. A clean installation of Windows Home Server beta edition takes you 20 GB of disk space. :crying_anim02:

I know it's still a beta but 20 gigs??? :confused02:

I let you know when I test it a bit..

Wow, thanks for the heads up! 20gb?? :shocking: I apparently haven't done enough research. My old pc that I was going to try it on has only a 20gb drive in it. Guess it's going to require moving over a 40gb to give it a test drive. On the bright side, that will force me to go modern and buy a newer, bigger drive for my other machine.

• 1 month later...