On Virtual Machines, it works; on USB, it does not.

Rhor

Greetings.

When I test a Windows 7 x64 build customized with WinToolkit on a Virtual Machine, the Installer part works perfectly.

But when I copy that very same build on a USB Drive to test it live, the Installer does not work, it just go through the normal installation process.

Any ideas please?

Thank you.

But when I copy that very same build on a USB Drive to test it live, the Installer does not work, it just go through the normal installation process.

Of course, WTK builds an installation system, NOT a live system to run from USB (or DVD)!

Regards, Thiersee

Edited by Thiersee

Of course, WTK builds an installation system, NOT a live system to run from USB (or DVD)!

Regards, Thiersee

I'm sorry, I did not explained the situation correctly.

When I want to test the build on a USB Drive, I use "Windows 7 USB-DVD Download Tool", to prepare the USB Drive and make it bootable.

I'm sorry, I did not explained the situation correctly.

When I want to test the build on a USB Drive, I use "Windows 7 USB-DVD Download Tool", to prepare the USB Drive and make it bootable.

Nevertheless:

With WTK you build an installation medium, no matter if USB-drive or DVD, to install Windows on HDD or SSD, NOT an installed OS to test it live!

Windows 7 USB-DVD Download Tool prepares an USB-Stick (or DVD!) and makes it bootable to INSTALL Windows!

Edited by Thiersee