unattended v.1.5.0.7 a bug or a preference? you decide

pennsylvaniaron

don't know if this is a bug, just maybe the way "I would like it?"

on the unattended creator screen if you check the box for the full name field a box appears where you then enter a name. hit OK or accept (I forget) and then the name you typed in is in the main dialogue box. now say you change your mind before you create the file and go back to the name field and uncheck it and remove the name in the appearing box where you entered it previously and make it blank, your name still appears in the main dialogue box (unchecked). yes it will not create the name during your install but that main dialogue box IMHO should also be blank in that field. I believe its that way for all (or many) of the fields in the unattended creator.

regards...

It was done intentionally to leave the values when unchecked. Obviously they are ignore when it comes to creating the XML file. If everyone agrees to have them blank when unchecked. Let me know in here. :)

I have however made some changes to the unattended creator since the last test build release.

post-10183-0-52057400-1410224038_thumb.p

I would leave them typed in and ignore. Maybe add more with a dropdown box. If that is possible.

When you don't need it just uncheck it but when you need it check it and select what's already (previuos typed in) available or type another one.

Just my thought.

Lego

As we have spoken before about the password on a new install created in the unattended. Seems like the new install is always password protected if you use the full name field. I believe that if one uses the full name field then one must also use the name field in autologon. as you informed me the password is just tapping (spacebar) to remove it. I assume this is a bug.

My objective is to make a fully unattended install by using a s/n, having a username (guess you have to have one), I believe you also have to have a computer name, and not have the install stop at entering a username, then password page or any other stoppage for user interaction. The resulting installation should have absolutely no interaction and result in the username you choose with NO password.

regards...