can someone help with office 2010 config.xml silent install

pennsylvaniaron

hi:

I am able to install office 2007 with a config.xml file. cant do it with office 2010 VL proplus. I basically used the same xml file but removed the password. I activate after installation. I also renamed it to 2010myconfig.xml. I am Assuming the name can be anything XML. so I do choose it from the prompt in silent installers but it does not install. I haven't been around during that install to see if it takes some time or WTK finishes quickly.

here is the file:

<Configuration Product="ProPlus">

<Display Level="basic" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="yes" AcceptEula="yes" />

<!-- <Logging Type="standard" Path="%temp%" Template="Microsoft Office Enterprise Setup(*).txt" /> -->

<!-- <USERNAME Value="Customer" /> -->

<!-- <COMPANYNAME Value="MyCompany" /> -->

<!-- <INSTALLLOCATION Value="%programfiles%\Microsoft Office" /> -->

<!-- <LIS CACHEACTION="CacheOnly" /> -->

<!-- <SOURCELIST Value="\\server1\share\Office12;\\server2\share\Office12" /> -->

<!-- <DistributionPoint Location="\\server\share\Office12" /> -->

<!-- <OptionState Id="OptionID" State="absent" Children="force" /> -->

<!-- <Setting Id="Reboot" Value="IfNeeded" /> -->

<!-- <Command Path="msiexec.exe" Args="/i \\server\share\my.msi" QuietArg="/q" ChainPosition="after" Execute="install" /> -->

</Configuration>

I just tried it with display as NONE. no good. she started the install and then I was not watching wtk as it progressed. when I went to my VM the installation of my custom iso it was finished but no Microsoft office folder in all programs and no trace of office at all!

any other ideas?

regards...

Hello. well I worked on this for 7 hours last night. went to bed at 4am after making my last iso which I did not test. just tested it and walla, I got it to work. I am trying to get office 2007 and office 2010 on a dvd+rDL but I think its 1gb too large. That's another issue. back to office. I think for whatever reason my VL disk had something that WTK did not like. don't know. I downloaded "legally" from wtk iso downloads the retail version of office 2010 32 bit with sp1 professional pro plus. There are tools on the web to convert the retail to volume lic. I followed great instructions from a google search and was able to update office 2010 to sp2 and I have every msp update in my updates folder. as I said its now there perfectly using the proscribed config.xml below. however I now wanted to test office 2007 and now that doesn't work. however when the silent installers were installing (1 of 7, 2 of 7 etc) I waited about 15 secs before I manually selected office 2007 to get installed (I have auto install unchecked). I looked like it was going to install for about 15 seconds and then my desktop started showing up...nada no good.

as I write this I am re-doing the install on vm and will choose office 2007 before my other automatic installers finish. I can then tell if its the config.xml file for 2007 or a bug in wtk. will report back in a few minutes.
here is the 2010 config.xml. as you can see nothing really gets installed or changed except that display line of code...
regards...

<Configuration Product="ProPlus">

<Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="yes" AcceptEula="yes" />

<!-- <PIDKEY Value="Removed Warez serial" /> -->

<!-- <Logging Type="standard" Path="%temp%" Template="Microsoft Office Professional Plus Setup(*).txt" /> -->

<!-- <LIS SOURCELIST="\\server1\share\Office;\\server2\share\Office" /> -->

<!-- <DistributionPoint Location="\\server\share\Office" /> -->

<!-- <Setting Id="SETUP_REBOOT" Value="IfNeeded" /> -->

<!-- <Command Path="%windir%\system32\msiexec.exe" Args="/i \\server\share\my.msi" QuietArg="/q" ChainPosition="after" Execute="install" /> -->

</Configuration>

regards...

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian
Edited removed serial

the sob just finished and office 2007 DID NOT INSTALL!!! arggggg
has to be the xml file or a mistake in the silent installer
here is the office 2007 xml...anyone see a problem?

<Configuration Product="Enterprise">

<Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="yes" AcceptEula="yes" />

<!-- <Logging Type="standard" Path="%temp%" Template="Microsoft Office Enterprise Setup(*).txt" /> -->

<PIDKEY Value="Removed warez serial!" />

<!-- <SOURCELIST Value="\\server1\share\Office12;\\server2\share\Office12" /> -->

<!-- <DistributionPoint Location="\\server\share\Office12" /> -->

<Setting Id="Setup_Reboot" Value="Never" />

<!-- <Command Path="msiexec.exe" Args="/i \\server\share\my.msi" QuietArg="/q" ChainPosition="after" Execute="install" /> -->

</Configuration>

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian
Removed warez content

I think I may have found the office 2007 problem. not sure. testing on VM now. I think I put a "space" in the silent installer switch. should be /config %APP%\myconfig.xml I had a "space" after the second %...so I got rid of that space and I'm retesting. will let you know how I make out.

regards...