problems recognition Windows 8 serial on laptop/pc

acidbrain

Hello ! 

When I install W8(my win toolkit version) on a UEFI computer (with UEFI-USB), after filling in the serial number, windows displays a message that it can't find the licence agreement.

When I do the same on a W8 UEFI laptop, the W8 setup can't detect  the serial number that's build in the laptop. I know that a W8.0 laptop needs a 8.0 Windows setup to detect the serial.

Everything works fine with a genuine W8 on a UEFI USB--stick.

What is the trick here to get things working ? Thanks in advance ,Erik.

I have attached the .ini file

If you laptop came with 8.0 serial in bios and you are installing 8.1 setup will fail to read/apply it. Also if you get that same serial from your bios and add it to a autounattend.xml it will fail, what you need to do is use ei.cfg to skip the serial prompt and find another way to apply the 8.0 serial to your 8.1 image (I use dism to inject mine)

Thanks for your reply,

I already mentioned that I know that a W8.0 serial needs W8.0 software  on pc/laptop

-a bios version of my image works fine on bios laptop/pc regarding the serials

-It must be something Toolkit does with UEFI settings that causes the errors in Windows 8.0/8.1

-I don't want to inject the serial in my image because I'm deploying on newly build PC's for customers

- Could Windows not find the licence agreement because I have split the .WIM file ??

I will try and will post my findings