What's the best method to get win updates every month?

pennsylvaniaron

My question is what's the best method to get windows updates every month? Right now I have an updated win 7 iso with all Window 7 updates as of 9/9/14. what is the best way or program to download ONLY the updates since 9/9/14? I believe but might be mistaken that programs such as WUD or WHD supply all the updates since SP1 and not in a monthly fashion.

regards...

thanks for the replies. dareckibmw link is a little too complicated (for me) to follow. I will play with the windows patch loader and see if it will do what I want. Probably a similar (or same) method is to have your latest monthly ISO and then use it with WUD, WHD or WPL to get all the updates and integrate them (AGAIN0 using Win toolkit. I "ASSume" lego's program will integrate (choose) ONLY the updates that have NOT been integrated. I'll test this on my VM tomorrow.

Regards...

I used WUD to download the win 7_64 security, non security, framework 3.51 and wmp12 updates from 10/14/14. I integrated them into an updated sept 9, 2014 win 7 iso made with WTK. wtk integrates some but that number is unknown. when finished and tested on a VM immediately going to winupdate in the VM shows 8 "important" updates available. I'll take it...

regards...

I always begin with a clean win7 sp1 iso, with pre-msie11 updates and the msie11 cab file plus lp (lp only when iso is not english), than i install the iso in vmware and than i update my vm install and use whd to offline download all needed updates, filter out the .cabs and you're ready to integrate the updates with dism.

Edited by Attended