[AddOn] Vista Drive Icon!

Thank you! Will test and post back soon!

EDIT: Just tried it in a VM using my WPI and this selected as the only entry...It hangs and doesn't seem to complete. When I go into the task manager, I see that it's just sitting there. When I end it manually, then WPI finishes, and it 'appears' to have installed correctly but I am not sure...

As you can see, this is a fresh build with no Applications whatsoever...

post-579-1183042259_thumb.jpg

Edited by JuMz

Whats the difference between your VistaDrive and the one I am using for a year?

Mine is 177KB, it's just one file, doesn't need installation! Found it on some Russion forum, long time ago.

Just place it in System32 or Windows (or like me, in Windows\Resources\Vistadrive) and your done. When you run it the first time, it will add info to the registry and startup everytime you run Windows.

So to install silently, all you have to do is add this line to your regtweaks.reg file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Vistadrv"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Resources\\VistaDrive\\vsdrv.exe"

(change the path as you like).

But I wonder if there is any difference in icons etc..?

EDIT:

Ooops very silly..

I'm at work and can't see hidden files, in my version there are indeed 26 icons I didn't include in the archive. At my work laptop, whatever I do I cant see the hidden files. So when I found your version, I thought huh, does mine .exe has the ico files built in? :P Ok then we probably have the same thing, only yours is more up to date. But I tested yours and didn't notice much difference, perhaps I tested wrong.

I've uploaded the whole Vistadrive folder now..

VistaDrive.7z

Edited by zilexa

• 2 weeks later...

untitled11ri0.jpg

2 Changelog
The uninstallable version now does not require a restart.

1.8 Changelog
New Icons! More Vista-ish!

addondl.png<-- Uninstallable!

Size - 174 kbs MD5Hash = A626165A56F164DEA1B98C82AB944C42

===============================================

1.8 Changelog
New Icons! More Vista-ish

addondl.png<-- NOT Uninstallable!

Size - 174 kbs MD5Hash = A961A638D3D375CE242CE1D96517C63E

• 4 weeks later...

I love this addon! I have been wondering about something. I read somewhere that this runs when you boot up, and then shuts itself off, indicating that it is not an active sort of thing. However, this vistadrive.exe runs all the time on my PC, so I was curious as to whether this only functions at boot-time, or does this monitor disc space and change accordingly...in a active fashion?

Thank you!!

I love this addon! I have been wondering about something. I read somewhere that this runs when you boot up, and then shuts itself off, indicating that it is not an active sort of thing. However, this vistadrive.exe runs all the time on my PC, so I was curious as to whether this only functions at boot-time, or does this monitor disc space and change accordingly...in a active fashion?

Thank you!!

It's not active, it refreshes after the restart.