Jump to content

WinToolkit_1.5.2.16_Portable


JGToy
 Share

Recommended Posts

That's the thing: this is only affecting some of us. I've repeatedly downloaded the file to my computer and got the corrupt file with size 3,587,833 bytes. When I download on my work computer at work, I get the valid file with size 3,587,798 bytes: 35 extra bytes.

I'm not seeing this issue with any other site. I tried turning off my AV (NOD32 version 8) and connecting through a VPN tunnel: made no difference.

 

I'm going to try another computer at home and report back.

 

We saw the same thing with WinToolkit_1.5.2.13_Portable.7z. I compared the bad download I got with the version that another member made available that was known good. My bad version had 35 extra bytes: 10 bytes inserted at location 35c000h, 10 bytes at 35d000h and 15 bytes tacked on the end.

 

Very strange...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do not think that it has to do with our computer... I just tried again and still the same problem.

All downloads from another link like the one above by Legolash2o works just fine so, there must be something on the original link.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with JGToy. Downloading test builds directly from the Latest builds link works fine. The links on the page go directly to the file. For example:

 

WinToolkit_1.5.3.2_Portable.7z 3.42MB
Wednesday 29th October 2014 3:36pm

 

However, when the test builds get removed from the page, a link to the official download page at http://www.wincert.net/forum/files/file/5-win-toolkit/ is put there instead. When we click on the Download button on that page, I go to a url like this:
http://www.wincert.net/forum/files/go/975c2b37e45c810580a7252bba3fd8ce/win-toolkit

 

The portable Download button on that page links to http://www.wincert.net/forum/files/get/975c2b37e45c810580a7252bba3fd8ce/2243-WinToolkit_1.5.2.16_Portable.7z

This is where I get the corrupt download.

I always get a corrupt download on my main Windows XP machine. I just tried on a Windows 7 VM on that same machine and it downloaded correctly!

 

There is some weird interaction between wincert and my machine.

 

Clark.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with JGToy. Downloading test builds directly from the Latest builds link works fine. The links on the page go directly to the file. For example:

 

WinToolkit_1.5.3.2_Portable.7z 3.42MB

Wednesday 29th October 2014 3:36pm

 

However, when the test builds get removed from the page, a link to the official download page at http://www.wincert.net/forum/files/file/5-win-toolkit/ is put there instead. When we click on the Download button on that page, I go to a url like this:

http://www.wincert.net/forum/files/go/975c2b37e45c810580a7252bba3fd8ce/win-toolkit

 

The portable Download button on that page links to http://www.wincert.net/forum/files/get/975c2b37e45c810580a7252bba3fd8ce/2243-WinToolkit_1.5.2.16_Portable.7z

This is where I get the corrupt download.

I always get a corrupt download on my main Windows XP machine. I just tried on a Windows 7 VM on that same machine and it downloaded correctly!

 

There is some weird interaction between wincert and my machine.

 

Clark.

Good explanation... When you said you got a good download (Windows 7 VM) is it from the main page or from the testing page?

 

In my case unfortunately doesn't work that way, I have 7 computers ranging from Windows Vista to Windows 8.x plus VMware Workstation 10 in each one of them and I have tried in all with no difference whatsoever.

 

What amazes me most is that it never happened before, it just started (I don't recall exactly) around 4 or 5 version ago but I never posted about it because I thought it will go away eventually but it didn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Good explanation... When you said you got a good download (Windows 7 VM) is it from the main page or from the testing page?

 

In my case unfortunately doesn't work that way, I have 7 computers ranging from Windows Vista to Windows 8.x plus VMware Workstation 10 in each one of them and I have tried in all with no difference whatsoever.

 

What amazes me most is that it never happened before, it just started (I don't recall exactly) around 4 or 5 version ago but I never posted about it because I thought it will go away eventually but it didn't.

 

 

Now I'm not sure which I downloaded to the VM...

Anyway, today I'm getting a good download to my main computer from the main page. This was after Wincert came back up: I was getting notices this morning that wincert was moving and unavailable. Perhaps the move fixed it?

 

Clark.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now I'm not sure which I downloaded to the VM...

Anyway, today I'm getting a good download to my main computer from the main page. This was after Wincert came back up: I was getting notices this morning that wincert was moving and unavailable. Perhaps the move fixed it?

 

Clark.

 

Hey Clark,

You are right about that, I just tried on the main page and the download/extraction was perfect no problems at all. I guess the site was the culprit after all and the move correct the problem.

But we are good now and I hope it stays.

 

Au revoir!  :welcome:

Jay

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...