WinToolkit does not work!

hayedeh

Howdy,
In my previous thread nobody helped me to fix the problem.
I use WinToolkit to just embed the updates to Win 7 Pro SP1 x64.
Nothing else, but it does not work, I have the lastest iso file downloaded from DigitalRiver.
Here's what I do step by step:

1. WinToolkit.exe 1.5.3.3 is on my D: root
2. Copied the contents of Windows DVD into D:\Win7
3. Copied all 182 Windows Updates to D:\Updates
4. WinToolkit (Run as Admin) > Basic > All-In-One Integrator > Browse for DVD/Folder > Select D:\Win7 > Select > Select [Windows 7 PROFESSIONAL]
5. Updates + Languages > Add all updates in D:\Updates folder
6. Start > Accept

Now I get lots of errors same as before!
I have attached my project and logs so someone can helo me or if there's a bug, fix it!

* Please don't hijack the thread, I really need a working solution.
Cheers.

Logs.rar

Howdy,

You don't need to open a new thread, you can continue in the old one!

I use WinToolkit to just embed the updates to Win 7 Pro SP1 x64.

Nothing else, but it does not work, I have the lastest iso file downloaded from DigitalRiver.

Here's what I do step by step:

1. WinToolkit.exe 1.5.3.3 is on my D: root

2. Copied the contents of Windows DVD into D:\Win7

3. Copied all 182 Windows Updates to D:\Updates

4. WinToolkit (Run as Admin) > Basic > All-In-One Integrator > Browse for DVD/Folder > Select D:\Win7 > Select > Select [Windows 7 PROFESSIONAL]

5. Updates + Languages > Add all updates in D:\Updates folder

6. Start > Accept

Again: which image did you download?  If you renamed the ISO, download it again and say us the number (X17-xxxxx):

Your working sequence is OK.

1): OK,; do you use the installer or portable version?

2): How did you copy?

3): where did you get this 182 updates  (or 172?) from?

4): OK

5): OK

6): OK

But:

a) Where is your DISM located? Please post a screenshot of the tab "Options/Misc."

b ) Do you have full access to all your drives (for example F:\WinToolkit_Mount)? You seems to NOT have access to any updates-file!

c) Did you follow the hint from abbodi?

Now I get lots of errors same as before!

I have attached my project and logs so someone can helo me or if there's a bug, fix it!

* Please don't hijack the thread, I really need a working solution.

Cheers.

Nobody doubt that you really need help for a working solution, but something seem to be NOT OK with your system, sorry!

I'm using WTK 1.5.3.3 for myself and it works without issues.

Regards, Thiersee

Edited by Thiersee

- attach C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

- update your ADK to latest (Update  6.3.9600.17029)

btw, since your current system is Win7SP1, why do you use ADK to update Win7 image?

- you are integrating updates from D:\ , using Dism from C:\ , to Mount directory on F:\ , and Scratch (extract) directory on C:\

so the updates are extracted from d: to c: then copied to f:

that's a long way :P

try to change mount folder to C: or D: , or change Temp folder to D:

Thank you very much Thiersee for your help, I really appreciate it.

If you suggest me to download the iso again, please help me, which link to use to download the latest build of Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1?

1. Portable version (since they recommend it over installer)

2. Load the iso with Virtual CloneDrive, open drive, normally copy all to D:\Win7

3. Installed a fresh clean copy of Win7 Pro x64 SP1, Windows Update, download each one manually from Microsoft rather than installing automatically, now I have 182 .msu updates!

But:

a ) You mean dism.exe? D:\Win7\Sources - When I right click on it, properties shows 6.1.7601.17514 - also check screenshot

b ) Yes I have full access to everywhere! All updates are in D:\Updates and I have access to them.

c ) Which hint? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968003? Yes!

post-71203-0-90451200-1416045062_thumb.p

Hi abbodi and thank you for your help,

- Attached

- ADK? Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit? From here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=30652 ?

- Sorry here I am confused, please read what I did step by step, I didn't specify to use Dism from C:\ , to Mount directory on F:\ , and Scratch (extract) directory on C:\ - Where can I change that?

This is the wrong screenshot ;)!

I meant "Options/Misc." in WTK-first-window NOT Options in the AIO.

1), 2), 3): OK.

a) No, your working DISM, either in C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Program Files x86\Windows Kits....; OK, I see you are using Windows ADK ;).

- Sorry here I am confused, please read what I did step by step, I didn't specify to use Dism from C:\ , to Mount directory on F:\ , and Scratch (extract) directory on C:\ - Where can I change that?

akuprjpr3s3w.jpg

@abbodi1406:

Lego should update the download-link for the new version!

Thiersee

Edited by Thiersee

- ADK? Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit? From here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=30652 ?

This is the old one!

The new one:

http://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=39982

You don't need to install the complete kit (5,7GB download!), The second point ONLY (Deployment Tools) is enough.

Regards, Thiersee

- Attached

- Where?

- In Options > Misc, change one of Wintoolkit Temp or Mount folder pathes

btw, what are the sizes of the three partitions you have (c:, d:, f:)?

Howdy,

You don't need to open a new thread, you can continue in the old one!

If either of you think it would be beneficial to merge the threads, just let me know and I'll do so.

Cheers and Regards

I think the problem was Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit not installed correctly, now it's OK.

But I still consider it as a problem with software, when Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit is not installed, why it throws improper exceptions/errors?

Access errors are not right ones, in the next version, they should fix it somehow, that if Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit is not present, correct error message is shown :)

2 more questions:

1. When updates are integrated in my above steps, where is new Windows image placed? In the same folder D:\Win7 ?

2. How to make iso file bootable with new Windows contents? I choose Make ISO but I get this error:

---------------------------
Aborted (1)
ISO creation was cancelled!

[cdimage.exe -L"Windows 7 Pro" -m -o -u2 -udfver102 -h -bootdata:2#p0,e,b"C:\Windows\WinToolkit_Temp\BIOS.com"#pEF,e,b"C:\Windows\WinToolkit_Temp\UEFI.bin" "D:" "D:\7.iso"]
OK   

Hi,

But I still consider it as a problem with software, when Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit is not installed, why it throws improper exceptions/errors?

Windows ADK is NOT necessary for the integration, the DISM-program available in "c:\windows\system 32\" is enough!

1. When updates are integrated in my above steps, where is new Windows image placed? In the same folder D:\Win7 ?

In the folder you typed in in the ISO-Maker ;)!

In the same folder D:\Win7 ?

Of course NOT, you can't save the ISO in the same folder you make the ISO!

2. How to make iso file bootable with new Windows contents?

The ISO is already bootable without any other data; this is what I always use

y48lnt2b15.jpg
man4ujtujznu.jpg

Thiersee
Edited by Thiersee

So why I receive this error from Make ISO window:

Aborted (1)
ISO creation was cancelled!

[cdimage.exe -L"D:\" -m -o -u2 -udfver102 -h -bootdata:2#p0,e,b"C:\Windows\WinToolkit_Temp\BIOS.com"#pEF,e,b"C:\Windows\WinToolkit_Temp\UEFI.bin" "D:\Win7" "D:\7.iso"]
OK