[AddOn] Yod'm 3D 1.4 v1.0

MrNxDmX

Was requested here.

Yet anOther Desktop Manager 3D

Yod'm 3D is a virtual desktop manager with the fashionable effect : the cube

cubesd8.jpg

For Windows 2000/XP/Vista, DirectX 9 required, FreeWare

Addon contains these language files: English, French, German, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Danish, Japanese, Spanish, Czech, Portuguese, Dutch, Hungarian, Polish, Russian, Catalan, Korean, Slovak, Swedish, Turkish, Finnish

Addon is NOT TESTED. Will be glad if you can test this for me. This program doesnt run in vmware. Needs a 3d graphics card. For more info please refer to programs website.

Download MultiLanguage Addon: NR_YoDM3d_Addon.rar

Size: 2,11 MB / MD5: FD1EC26761BA3E9ED8CBA582985E4792

Download English Only Addon: NR_YoDM3d_EN_Addon.rar (English Only)

Size: 2,09 MB / MD5: 312C5B633A153A4B9C1879FDA58D3144

Thanks RogueSpear for hosting.

Edited by MrNxDmX

Hi MrNxDmX,

Yesterday I got to try the English only version on my non-virtual machine.

Program crashed(exactly as it would in VMWare) until I got my display drivers installed(ATI catalyst Control Center v7.6).

After reboot, program worked flawlessly. It really is a super cool app. Each side of the cube is a different full size desktop, making 4 desktops from 1!

Then after another reboot, it started to crash repeatedly on startup.

I looked for a way to uninstall the app, but I couldn't find one.

Finally, after uninstalling the ATI catalyst 7.6 and installing the MSUpdate ATI display driver, I managed to regain function of the app. It seemed to have corrupted my display driver in some way, as I never could get decent graphic performance even after redownloading and reinstalling new display drivers.

At this point the app will crash if it tries to start while my screen resolution is set too low.

I think part of the problem is in the catalyst drivers, as they tend to load rather slowly on startup, usually being last to show up in the taskbar on startup.

The "start with windows" option is checked by default. If there was some way to remedy that aspect of the app, it might be somewhat less troublesome. It may also work for me if was to use a startup delay app to keep if from starting before the ATI software.

I am going to give the program another shot, but I don't think I will be trying to add it unattended at this point. The lack of a uninstaller and the dynamics of the ATI catalyst control software are making it more than i can handle at the moment.

Thanks for your hard work, as well as for your taste in choosing such a cool app to work with. I really hope I can get it to work for me in a stable fashion. It is not only useful but also really cool looking to spin 4 full desktops around!

Keep up the great work! Best Regards, Randall :welcome:

Hi MrNxDmX,

Yesterday I got to try the English only version on my non-virtual machine.

Program crashed(exactly as it would in VMWare) until I got my display drivers installed(ATI catalyst Control Center v7.6).

Hi, check out the link in my sig if you want to remedy at least that problem :)

Hi, check out the link in my sig if you want to remedy at least that problem :)

Thanks Helmi. I have been there and tried that several times and I cant get it to work for me. My hardware in not unusual and I have tried every interpretation of the instructions I can fathom, and yet I cant get a bootable cd that had usable drivers made with it. I will admit that it was a month or two ago, and when I was at the main site there weren't even instructions on how to use the software. I found the instructions that were packed inside the Driverpack and followed them I tried to register to the forum to do a little research but for some odd reason I couldn't get the registration page to accept my email address(yahoo).!?.!?

I am open to trying it again, although not extremely enthusiastic. I would be interested in hearing about your integration methods. tools and techniques. I have another topic that i started that deals with this very issue and I would love to hear about your experiences. I spent the last 15 minutes trying to make a link to the thread, but I cant figure out how to make it happen, and its past my bedtime. :sleeping_03anim: Thanks for the suggestion Helmi. I appreciate you taking time to respond. :welcome:

Thanks Helmi. I have been there and tried that several times and I cant get it to work for me. My hardware in not unusual and I have tried every interpretation of the instructions I can fathom, and yet I cant get a bootable cd that had usable drivers made with it. I will admit that it was a month or two ago, and when I was at the main site there weren't even instructions on how to use the software. I found the instructions that were packed inside the Driverpack and followed them I tried to register to the forum to do a little research but for some odd reason I couldn't get the registration page to accept my email address(yahoo).!?.!?

That's all very unfortunate; I'm sorry to hear!

So far, from my observations, it worked for most people that tried it, however, there are always (mostly minor) problems.

Ususally, folks repost them in the forum or our bugtracker so they can get sorted out.

Too bad you weren't able to register!

If you are still interested, pass me your email address and I will forward it to our Admin (I'm a Mod over there, btw).

Then, you can tell us in detail about what didn't work for you.

Also, please mind the new, English (old one is Dutch...) Tutorial you can find here:

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=1449

(I think you can view it even when not registered).

That should cover most of all issues methinks (I was involved in its creation)).

I am open to trying it again, although not extremely enthusiastic. I would be interested in hearing about your integration methods. tools and techniques. I have another topic that i started that deals with this very issue and I would love to hear about your experiences. I spent the last 15 minutes trying to make a link to the thread, but I cant figure out how to make it happen, and its past my bedtime. :sleeping_03anim: Thanks for the suggestion Helmi.

We're using a utility called the BASE based on AutoIt scripting language to integrate the drivers into the source.

There are two methods you can chose from, M1, where the drivers will get CABbed (though not included in drivers.CAB but separate files), allowing Windows to natively access them.

This, however, greatly limits the amount of drivers you can include (Windows bug/limitation).

Also, it will take up a lot of space on your source disc.

M2 uses a fake setup in which 7-ZIPped files are being extratec to your HDD.

That way you can make use of all DriverPacks; and it's also faster.

After the basic driver files are copied (INFs, SYSs etc), the Finisher takes over and, well finishes the rest.

Its tasks are installing Control Panels to the drivers installed (so you only get these which HW you have in your system) and cleaning up your system.

You can also chose to Keep the Drivers which means that all driver files, currently used or not, are saved on your HDD.

Windows is then made aware of this so when you install new HW (and detection the wizzard pops up), it will automatically be installed, provided the driver was already in one of the DPs.

That's true Plug&Play, if you ask me :)

I appreciate you taking time to respond. :welcome:

You're most welcome :D

Hopefully, that answered most of your questions so far.

I'm afraid I will take this too far off-topic if I go on... :/

Hopefully, you will be able to sort out registration problems so we can continue this discussion on the dedicated boards!

• 6 months later...
That's all very unfortunate; I'm sorry to hear!

So far, from my observations, it worked for most people that tried it, however, there are always (mostly minor) problems.

Ususally, folks repost them in the forum or our bugtracker so they can get sorted out.

Too bad you weren't able to register!

If you are still interested, pass me your email address and I will forward it to our Admin (I'm a Mod over there, btw).

Then, you can tell us in detail about what didn't work for you.

Also, please mind the new, English (old one is Dutch...) Tutorial you can find here:

<a href="http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=1449" target="_blank"><a href="http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=1449" target="_blank"><a href="http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=1449" target="_blank">http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=1449</a></a></a>

(I think you can view it even when not registered).

That should cover most of all issues methinks (I was involved in its creation)).

We're using a utility called the BASE based on AutoIt scripting language to integrate the drivers into the source.

There are two methods you can chose from, M1, where the drivers will get CABbed (though not included in drivers.CAB but separate files), allowing Windows to natively access them.

This, however, greatly limits the amount of drivers you can include (Windows bug/limitation).

Also, it will take up a lot of space on your source disc.

M2 uses a fake setup in which 7-ZIPped files are being extratec to your HDD.

That way you can make use of all DriverPacks; and it's also faster.

After the basic driver files are copied (INFs, SYSs etc), the Finisher takes over and, well finishes the rest.

Its tasks are installing Control Panels to the drivers installed (so you only get these which HW you have in your system) and cleaning up your system.

You can also chose to Keep the Drivers which means that all driver files, currently used or not, are saved on your HDD.

Windows is then made aware of this so when you install new HW (and detection the wizzard pops up), it will automatically be installed, provided the driver was already in one of the DPs.

That's true Plug&Play, if you ask me :)

You're most welcome :D

Hopefully, that answered most of your questions so far.

I'm afraid I will take this too far off-topic if I go on... :/

Hopefully, you will be able to sort out registration problems so we can continue this discussion on the dedicated boards!

you can also try www.drivers.softpedia.com