AIO Integrator - Tweaks section (wintoolkit 1.5.x)

Kormann

Hello guys,

Do you know if I import a registry file through Tweaks if this is going to be added to all users?

I'm building a Windows 7 SP1 Customized Image.

I know for sure if I do it manually through the WIM Reg editor that its possible.

If this was possible through the Tweaks section at AIO Integrator, instead of doing my tweaks everytime through the WIM Reg Editor I would just need load my tweaks preset.

The code that I want to add:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00; Add Network Connections to Network context menu[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{F02C1A0D-BE21-4350-88B0-7367FC96EF3C}\shell][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{F02C1A0D-BE21-4350-88B0-7367FC96EF3C}\shell\Network Connections]@="@%SystemRoot%\\system32\\netshell.dll,-1200"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{F02C1A0D-BE21-4350-88B0-7367FC96EF3C}\shell\Network Connections\command]@="rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL ncpa.cpl,,0"

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Kormann

@clarkg888

And if I need to add a HKCU?

Example below:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00; Prevent programs from stealing focus within 8 seconds, Make start menu snappier, End hung apps faster, Helps shutdown Windows quickly[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]"ForegroundLockTimeout"=dword:0x00001f40"HungAppTimeout"="4000""MenuShowDelay"="200""WaitToKillAppTimeout"="5000"
Edited by Kormann

I don't have a good answer for that, but the problem you will probably run into is that if you are trying to add a HCKU tweak at OS install is that the HKCU, in other words the Current User, won't exist until the user is actually created which occurs very late in the install process, and you can't add a HKCU tweak until the Current User exists.  At least that's the way I understand it.

Cheers and Regards

@bphlpt

If that is correct, how should I add to the default user account? These way every account created would have this tweak, in the end it would apply to all users.

I already did that with Wim Reg Editor. Like I said before, manually.

It would be cool if I could use a preset and add this kind of tweak in the Tweaks section, instead of doing manually in Wim Reg Editor. This next time I wanted to update my build I would not waste more time.

EDIT#1: To achieve what I want with the Tweaks section of AIO, should I change my regfile from

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop] to [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop] ?

EDIT#2: The answer for EDIT#1 question is NO, I can only do that by loading the ntuser.dat from %SystemDriver\Users\Default\ntuser.dat into reg editor. Source: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7596215b-58ae-4466-a18a-769fd350a85b/setting-default-settings-for-screensaver-and-lock-screen-timeout?forum=w7itproui

Edited by Kormann

EDIT#1: To achieve what I want with the Tweaks section of AIO, should I change my regfile from

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop] to [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop] ?

AFAIK, WinToolkit does that "automatically" and mounts Def user hive and applies it to that, instead of Current User hive (Which of course does not exists, yet...)

Edited by Etz