Win Toolkit doesn't support the latest 8.1 ISOs?

Hotpocketdeath

I'm getting ready to reload the OS on my computers and while researching, I found that the iso that is pulled down using the Windows Installation Media Creation Tool will allow me to use my Windows 8 key to install 8.1. 

I wanted to go ahead and get the latest updates rolled up into the latest image, but Win Toolkit doesn't appear to recognize this iso since it doesn't have an install.wim, but rather an install.esd. 

Is there anything being done to support this or am I out of luck?  I'm not going back and installing 8.0 and then perform the multitude of updates to bring it up-to-date.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I confirm the fact that even with ESD converted to WIM file, Wintoolkit 1.xx can't integrate any update with latest R5 Windows 8.1 ISO. I tried ISO obtained via Microsoft Media Creation Tool (converted into .wim file) and latest ISO provided by MSDN.

Wintoolkit fails to integrate every update.

I didn't encountered any problem with previous ISO (R4), and update integration works with NTLite with R5 ISO.

Is your current system running win8.1, or is your dism the latest version (6.3.9600)? I tried to integrate win8.1 updates into a win8.1 iso in a system running win8.1, but only 1/38 updates were integrated :( At last, I installed the latest DISM from here and, all the updates integrated succesfully. :)

Cheers & Regards ;)

BTW this topic should have been posted in WinToolkit section.

Edited by niTe_RiDeR_Pro

@niTe_RiDeR_Pro, the problem as I see it, is that currently the Win Toolkit section is located in the Windows 7 sub-forum, and this was a Windows 8 question.  In my opinion, what should probably happen is the entire Win Toolkit forum should be moved to the WinCert Member Projects sub-forum. It would then be up to Liam whether separate Win7 and Win8 sections are also created.

Cheers and Regards

Yeah, thats a good idea :) Or, there should be a seperate section for wtk, as only wtk made me join this forum. It is such a program too.

After all, I had joined the forum at first only for donwloading wtk :P, and then got into those member project, repacking, sfx, etc :)

BTW where's the topic in wtk section?

And, many people are still posting wtk win8.1 integration problems in Win7>WinToolkit section.

converting esd to wim and windows toolkit works but you have to insert hotfix kb29977 or similar before before kb800050.or it wont work.also when you try to activate windows it ill tell you windows cant activate call microsoft.it will fail and ou have to speak to Microsoft person,who eventually will activate for you.