Windows update problem

Romppe

Hi,

I started using wintoolkit again after a little break from it.

I am doing windows 8.1 Pro installation and everything else if working as supposed but I have a little problem with integrating windows updates to my image.

I used Alphawawes Downloader and downloaded and integrated all the updates it offered to me.

Now I did an installation to test computer. After image installation I went to windows update and it offered me ten updates, that was ok. I installed those and rebooted computer.

But after reboot I went back to windows update and this time it offered me 61 important updates and 28 optional!

Did I do something wrong or why there is so many windows updates to my computer now?

btw. I remember last time I used Wintoolkit, I integrated Windows Updates using Update Retriever, is that better way or what should I do?

WHDownloader only includes the update and hotfixes that result in the most up-to-date version of each file. That means that if a hotfix's files supersede (are newer than) those in a normal previous security update, the security update isn't downloaded. However, Windows Update logic sometimes still asks for the security update. It most cases, it isn't the full update, just a skeleton (you can tell by the size of the update in windows Update).

What I and some others do is:

1. Note which updates Windows Updates wants to install that are not in WHD.

2. Download these manually and put in a WU_Satisfy folder. (updates required to 'satisfy Windows Update').

3. Re-run Wintoolkit, but integrate the WU_Satisfy folder first.

Edited by clarkg888

Thanks for your answers.

I dowloaded all the Windows updates that was available to my Computer and then integrated those to my wintoolkit image.

It's working now, offering only two updates after clean install :)

btw. at first this was not working also, but then I figured that I had to put Windows 8.1 update 1 related .cab files  to prerequisite updates. After that evertyhing went as I hoped.