Some updates are missing made with WinToolkit

mmigasmike

The optional driver updates for your hardware will be offered unless you have specifically added them manually yourself through Driver Packs or something.  I'm going to guess the the majority of the others are due to "slimming" operations you have performed using RT7Lite, vLite, and/or NTLite.  I say that because, for example, it is saying you need to re-install part of SP1,  but only 9.1 MB of KB976932, so WU believes that part of SP1 is now missing.  A way to test my hypothesis is to rebuild using the exact same sources and steps you did before, EXCEPT REMOVE NOTHING.  If after that WU comes up clean, except possibly for the optional driver updates, then you know that the "problem" is in your removals.  If your slimmed OS works correctly for you for all operations and software you want or need to use, and you truly don't need what you removed, and the suggested updates are trying to add back in what you removed, then I guess you can just hide the updates you don't need anymore.

Cheers and Regards

The optional driver updates for your hardware will be offered unless you have specifically added them manually yourself through Driver Packs or something.  I'm going to guess the the majority of the others are due to "slimming" operations you have performed using RT7Lite, vLite, and/or NTLite.  I say that because, for example, it is saying you need to re-install part of SP1,  but only 9.1 MB of KB976932, so WU believes that part of SP1 is now missing.  A way to test my hypothesis is to rebuild using the exact same sources and steps you did before, EXCEPT REMOVE NOTHING.  If after that WU comes up clean, except possibly for the optional driver updates, then you know that the "problem" is in your removals.  If your slimmed OS works correctly for you for all operations and software you want or need to use, and you truly don't need what you removed, and the suggested updates are trying to add back in what you removed, then I guess you can just hide the updates you don't need anymore.

Cheers and Regards

Hi bphlpt,

I produce the DVD/USB always from a original ISO (Windows 7 Professional with SP1, downloaded from Microsoft Website).

Then with the WinToolkit i add the following updates, ad-dons and LAN Drivers:

Updates:

• IE11
  • Security Updates
  • Non-Security Updates

Add-on:

• dotNetFx452_x64.W7.20150212.Full.WA

LAN drivers

I produce the ISO file with this components.

Then i make another step with RT 7 Lite x64, to define for exemple:

• Time Zone
  • Default Keyboard
  • User locate
  • to unchecked EULA Page

I never remove any component of Windows

With your help me discovered why RT 7 Lite x64 have some bug´s i decide to use the NTLite to do the same job.

NTLite works really good! It´s a pity i don´t have access to professional version.

Thanks,

Mike

Hello again bphlpt,

One more question, is new problem...

My Windows 7 is English version, but my Time Zone is Lisbon and Portuguese Keymap.

If i add a program such has 7zip or FileZille in NTlite (i don´t check yet in Win Toolkit), the program is installed in Portuguese language. I would like to have this program in English.

Is possible that all programs in silent install, they keep the English language?

Thanks,

Mike

Sorry, I don't have any experience with either non-English language or non-US locations.  Hopefully, someone else will pop in with an idea.  Maybe Ricktendo?

If you're still having any of the problems you mentioned in the OP while using NTLite, they have a good support forum and can probably help you.  It's good you switched to NTLite.  AFAIK, it works well with Win Toolkit.  RT7Lite has bugs and hasn't been updated in a long, long, long time and no longer has a working support forum.

Cheers and Regards

Hello,

I´m make and testing some "new" builds from the original Windows 7 x64 ENG.iso

dotNetFx452_x64.W7.20150212.Full.WA

IE11

Security Updates (all)

Non-Security Updates (all)

and

LAN drivers

I Tweak some simple Tweak with the Win Toolkit like:

IE : HomePage

Set Google as search provider

Just when i make a successful "build" with all updates i will use the NTlite too make some changes like this:

Time Zone

Default Keyboard

User locate

to unchecked EULA Page

Yes, the Win Toolkit work´s very good and is very stable.

Thanks,

Mike

If You add a language pack, it has to be done first, prior to the updates. If your installation is in English, and your programs install in a different language , You need to verify the locale. For the time zone, eula, etc. You can use the Unattended text file: http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/9572-unattended-creator/

Before you install NetFramework 4.5, is better to install all the updates.