SFC and KB3022345 win 7_64 WTK et al

pennsylvaniaron

I started a thread awhile back that sfc /scannow was reporting errors that it could not repair some system files when using WTK to make a slipstreamed iso. I thought I finally resolved that issue but it has reared its ugly head again. I just made a new updated Win 7_64 Home Premium iso using WTK v.1.5.3.12. I ran an elevated CMD prompt and sfc reports errors to system files that cannot be repaired. After careful observation of my CBS.log I had 8 files that could not be repaired. The first one is UTC.APP.JSON. After googling this file it seems that a very recent Microsoft update KB3022345 is causing the issue. It definitely affects Win 7 and its also supposed to affect Win 8.

There are many articles about this if you do a google search. If you go to control panel/programs features and view installed updates look for it. In Win 7 I uninstalled it, rebooted and now SFC /scannow reports NO  errors. The articles state that Microsoft is aware of this issue and will be sending out a fix in the future. They say it has no affect on your system files and the workings of Windows. I had 8 errors and when I uninstalled that update all errors got repaired.

But here is what I am perplexed about. I checked my WTK update list before creating my iso and this update (which is from 5/6/15) is not on my list to be integrated. I used WUD (3/25/15) which is the latest updates. For some reason the list hasn't been updated in over 2 months now. As soon as my VM desktop comes up I check to see if KB3022345 is installed and it is. I do not know how its getting installed. If you uninstall it and reboot your machine kb3022345 will now be in the OPTIONAL update list in windows update. Out of desperation I changed the autounattended file parameters for installing updates from RECOMMENDED to DOWNLOAD BUT DO NOT INSTALL. That did nothing. Any thoughts? Regards...

Edited by pennsylvaniaron

Only thing I can say is that I have seen reports that some folks have simply hidden KB3022345 to avoid having it installed on their system.  Why it is being installed on your system when you have not included it on any update list you are using i have no idea.

Cheers and Regards

yes I do not know why kb3022345 was being installed. I started with a fresh Win 7_64 SP1 Home Premium clean ISO and used updates from 3/25/15 with WTK and everything is fine. I "think" for people who have not been doing their Microsoft important updates that more than likely if you are many updates behind and do them now then Microsoft will not send out KB3022345. But that's conjecture. regards...

You might want to look through part of this thread - http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/12103-2-juin2015-update-list-gdr-pour-windows-7-sp1-x86x64-fr-en-de-es-it/ - (start by just looking at the last page or two).

It's a fairly lively discussion of updates that are really required, and which ones can or should be hidden or ignored.  (Google translate should help you keep up.)

Cheers and Regards