[SOLVED] Explorer-Tweaks by .reg-file

Thiersee

Hi,

do somebody have an idea, how can I check/uncheck with a reg-file following options in windows explorer for all users?

1: set

2: not set

3: set

4: set

WTK does not have them under "Tweaks"

TNX and have a nice week-end, Thiersee

post-26665-0-84557200-1433590723_thumb.j

post-26665-0-64042300-1433590725_thumb.j

Edited by Thiersee

Alternative ideas:

Way1:

You can install monitoring tool to check what happen in reg by making this option.

Way2:

You backup reg before and after you make this option, and then compare the packs with compare-program.

Just make another reg file with the content of new/changed reg part.

Way3: For Win7 exist many reg files for download, some of them also works for later windows.

Use google "name of option" +reg tweak download

Viele Grüße

Alternative ideas:

Way1:

You can install monitoring tool to check what happen in reg by making this option.

Way2:

You backup reg before and after you make this option, and then compare the packs with compare-program.

Just make another reg file with the content of new/changed reg part.

Way3: For Win7 exist many reg files for download, some of them also works for later windows.

Use google "name of option" +reg tweak download

Viele Grüße

I need a reg file to put in my installation AIO WTK, so:

Way1 & Way2 are to much work for me (8 user): I must log in into every user, do the changes, compare and at the end put all the changes in a reg-file...

Way 3: I didn't find a file doing exactly what I want, nothing more& nothing less.

Nevertheless, thank you and

Schönes Wochenende ;)

Thiersee

Way1/2 nah, just need make for one user, the result is workable for ever user (ever user of Windows in the whole world :) )

-> Just look on the different between the reg packs.

Way3: You can remove unneeded parts, or using this goody, it can (so i remember) export changes ina reg file.

http://www.chip.de/downloads/xpy_13013308.html

Danke dir auch

Update:

For Set 3#, i found it on xpy:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CabinetState]"FullPath"=dword:00000001"FullPathAddress"=dword:00000001

Way4: it seems the reg index is very self explaining, maybe search for the keys by self. Here u can find all i think:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer - Remember: Value 1 set it on, 0 set it off.

Edited by Z3R07

Also, once you've determined the changes for one user using way 1 or 2, you can create a  .reg file that sets the appropriate keys in the default user tree:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT

and add this .reg to your tweaks in WinToolkit.

Then those settings will be applied to all new users created on the newly install system.

;1[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]"NavPaneShowAllFolders"=dword:00000001;2[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]"HideDrivesWithNoMedia"=dword:00000000;3[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CabinetState]"FullPath"=dword:00000001"Settings"=hex:0C,00,02,00,0B,01,00,00,60,00,00,00
as for 4, there is no generic or simple setting

each folder type has different values, each view type has different values as well

see here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=142961

Edited by bphlpt
fixed link