WinToolkit Development

Legolash2o

• 1 month later...

@mooms & dareckibmw,

hey guys, it would be fine if this would be true, but I don't believe it.

A student does not have more than 2 month of vacances.

And Liam has announced nightly builds , but nothing happened.

But what does it be useful for, when he is still monitoring the forum but nothing happens.

Regards

@Kelsenellenelvian

I have only courteously asked, if the proggie is dead because since more than 2 month nothing happend, although Liam has promised "nightly builds" ("expect nightly builds in a few days").

I didn't urge something from Liam.

But your tone is very unfriendly although I wasn't unfriendly to you.

Sure is, you have more competence in IT, but you are not authorized to attack me.

Your behaviour against me is not ok, because I have never been unfriendly.

I have asked , not more !

In earlier times I have sponsored this project, and I wanted to do this again.

ofcourse students have 2 months of vacation - even longer!

I am a uni student - 1st year I had over 5 months break between years! - Finished in March, started in September!

Year 2 - finished Mid-May (Placement this year!) were supposed to start September and that's 4 months!

I am sure Liam is going to get back to this - have patience! :D

@pedilover, while your curiosity and concern as to the future of Win Toolkit is valid, and all of us who have any interest at all in Win toolkit would love to have the completed product now or at least know when we can expect it, the point that mooms, dareckibmw, and Kel are trying to make is that it is completely pointless for you to post the question.  None of us know what the situation really is.  If any of us knew, I can assure you that we would post the status.  We have no reason to withhold such information from any of the WinCert members.

The only one who knows what is going on is Liam.  His activity level here has gone up and down several times over the last few years as his personal and school demands have ebbed and flowed.  So far, he has always come back, eventually.  As we understand it, his future school degree currently depends on the work experience and knowledge he gains through the continuing development of Win Toolkit, so we have no reason to believe that he would abandon it.  Even if his plans change, he has been honest enough in his dealings with us over the years that we feel sure he would tell us if that was the case.

While you might have just been wondering out loud what is going on and hoping that Liam is OK, the way you stated it -- 'Is "wintoolkit" dead?' -- comes across as pessimistic, and we would prefer to be optimistic, and patiently wait.  If you were hoping that Liam is indeed watching the thread and would respond to your query, he might have thought the way you stated it was slightly insulting, though I assume you didn't mean it that way.  He also might have interpreted your post as spreading FUD, as I think Kel did.  But again, i don't think you meant it that way.

I choose to believe that you you were merely asking if anyone knew anything.  If any of us ever hear any status update for Win Toolkit we will be sure to post it here so everyone will know.  Please be patient and keep the faith.

Cheers and Regards

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No worries. I wanted to release it sooner but a DNS issue was preventing me from accessing Wincert :'( Whilst I was at it, I downloaded about 3000 errors logs which i'll have to fix.

I've currently in a mix between reading a programming book for useful things to use in WTK 2.x, revising for an exam next week, work, and job hunting. ughhhhhhhhhhhhh!

6 hours ago, Legolash2o said:

No worries. I wanted to release it sooner but a DNS issue was preventing me from accessing Wincert :'( Whilst I was at it, I downloaded about 3000 errors logs which i'll have to fix.

I've currently in a mix between reading a programming book for useful things to use in WTK 2.x, revising for an exam next week, work, and job hunting. ughhhhhhhhhhhhh!

hey maybe you can update those exclusive iso files from sept 2014. Could be a big help.

Donation coming. keep up the good work.

Edited by pennsylvaniaron