reeding this thread, I see that someone has find a way to make a more clean MCE image.
"About integrating Service Pack 3 into Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.
The following scenario is fully workable:
1. You need to use DXUPAC MCE Slipstreamer SP3.
2. Integrate with nLite YumeYao_WMP10_Addon_ENU_V3_4_5. (Because SP3 downgrade WMP10 to WMP9 in MCE_2005 CD1, and WindowsXPMediaCenter2005-KB900325-usa.exe contain multiple updates for WMP10 - with this addon that all are pre-integrated.)
3. You are done, and you have WinXP MCE 2005 with SP3 (Media Center 3.0, not 2.8 like nLite do, and fully updated WMP10)
4. After Installation you need to install NETFX 1.1, and after that
5. Install only KB900325.exe (extracted from WindowsXPMediaCenter2005-KB900325-usa.exe)
6. Install WindowsXPMediaCenter2005-KB925766-ENU.exe (October 2006 Update).
You have FULLY updated WinXP MCE 2005.
Optional you can Install Windows Media Player 11 and everything works great.
Point of this is that I want:
nLite, to get the same fully workable functionality like 'DXUPAC MCE Slipstreamer SP3', (not this one, which chnage version from 3.0 to 2.8)
and someone to create true addon from KB900325.exe (18,4MB extracted one) and KB925766 in one package to be used with nLite.
- normaly this will required NETFX1.1 also slipstremaed as true addon at the first place."
Credits goes to: ViktorVektorsky
I think maybe someone here will be able to create a trueaddon from this KB900325.exe (18,4MB extracted one) and KB925766 in one package to be used with nLite.