Is there a way to reduce the image size after integrating?

jvidal

I'm gonna take a look at mooms suggestion, but still, updating only one edition still takes about 1 1/2 hour. I don't have an SSD. That's why I work over the previous month's image, I only need to integrate a few updates and it takes about 10min (for each edition: starter,home B, home P, etc)

Oh, and BTW, you guys have any idea Why I can't clean windows update on my win7 x64 image with Dism++? I can't because it says I need to reboot to complete pending updates. I can't reboot, obviously, since I'm working on an offline image. Strangely enough, it worked awesome for win81 SL x64.

Edited by jvidal

• 3 months later...
On 15.12.2015 at 0:11 AM, jvidal said:

I'm gonna take a look at mooms suggestion, but still, updating only one edition still takes about 1 1/2 hour. I don't have an SSD. That's why I work over the previous month's image, I only need to integrate a few updates and it takes about 10min (for each edition: starter,home B, home P, etc)

IMO, the time it takes to update is not the problem. The problem is the "missing feature" in all the tools like Nlite,WinToolkit, ... that I have seen until today to update all editions on an ISO/in a folder/in a WIM or ESD in one go. Preferrably with an option to automatically download new updates before. If I had a tool capable of this, I wouldn't care, even if it took 48 hours when starting from scratch.

7 hours ago, Oshimaida said:

IMO, the time it takes to update is not the problem. The problem is the "missing feature" in all the tools like Nlite,WinToolkit, ... that I have seen until today to update all editions on an ISO/in a folder/in a WIM or ESD in one go. Preferrably with an option to automatically download new updates before. If I had a tool capable of this, I wouldn't care, even if it took 48 hours when starting from scratch.

Mooms,

yes, that might save time. But what I imagine here is a tool that I can point to a DVD, an ISO or a WIM, and just klick a "generate updated version of all editions in here" button. Then the tool should automatically download all (not yet downloaded) updates for those, and integrate all of them without me having to endure headaches over "which updates in which order" and other questions I should not have to care for. That would be a much greater improvement than reducing the time an unattended process takes.

atm, I am trying to bake an AIO stick with Win7 HomePrem+Pro x86+x64, Win8.1 Home+Pro x64 and Win10 Home+Pro x64. After countless hours of trying different tools, I an still not anywhere near the goal. Stupid error messages (like from the x86 Win7 setup, that the image file was broken, which it was obviously not, as I had it manually exported with DISM from an original ISO), update integration tools unable to integrate the updates in the proper order, and other stuff like that. My, it was so much easier in the time of XP.