Visual TaskTips latest version

shahed

Hi

i downloaded Visual TaskTips v2.1 addon but it does not start automatically with windows. i have to start it manually by going to "start, programs"

Can someone please make the addon Visual TaskTips to slipstream into my xp cd please. if you can make the addon then please have it configured to startup automatically with windows, so i dont have to go to "start, programs" to start the program manually.

this is the only addon i need to make my xp look like vista.

thank you

your hard work is always appreciated

Check the settings for the programme, isn't there an option to toggle autostart?

If not, you could quite easily copy a link to the EXE into the autostart folder of your start menu to achieve the same effect (or add it in your registry if you prefer).

If added to the reg, you can simply export the key and implement it into your XPCD so it will be added on the first run.

i prefer to add it to the registry, so it will start automatically with windows on first boot. how do i add it and how do i export it to the xp cd registry

PLEASE HELP

I was going to write up a step-by-step guide on how to do this, however, halfway through I figured it would be easier for you to just attach the needed file for you ;)

Open this REg file with your favourite editor and replace the programme name as well as tzhe path with your own.

Do mind the double back-slashes (\\)!

Now copy it to your source.

You can either use nLite to add it or call it manually by an entry in your winnt.SIF in the I386 dir of your source.

The entry needs to be under [GuiRunOnce], if not present, create it at the end of the file.

regedit /S %SOURCE%\TWEAKS\TheRegKeyYouWant.reg

I'm not sure if this works 100% because of the %source% reference so you're on the save side using nLite.

Just add the same line into the app.

That should do it basically.

HTH so far :)

test.reg

Edited by Helmi