WinAMP

Helmi

So I searched the net high and low and actually did found some results in the official WA forum but these left me more confused than before...

Apparently, the NSIS installer isn't very unattended-friendly, it seems.

I'm thinking about doing the whole batch (WA itself, WA Essentials, my default settings and bookmarks and WA TV --> www.tv-plugin.com) in WPI, which is probabaly the least troublesome solution.

Hence, it is not essential to have this as an nLite addon, however, it certainly would be nice (I already got MPC from the K-Lite pack as well as WMP11 so that ground is well-covered already but WA got the certain something those two lack).

My first try was of medicore success, it was unattended for some settings, but not all, hence breaking my installation :/

If anyone got an idea on how to get this going while maintaining the ability to pre-select all the settings (i.e. do not register any filetypes, install all components) that would be great.

The thing I am a bit reluctant to using WPI is because that would most likely require me to use a second DVD because I have so much stuff to fit on that...

At leats until someone comes up with Dual-Layer DVD+RWs ;)

Just wanted to report that I finally found a WinAmp AddOn pack, namely here:

http://www.german-nlite.de/index.php?act=d...ls&f_id=235

Haven't tested it myself, yet, but I'm quite positive it will work fine (I know some other stuff made by the same guy so I'm confident ;)).

I'm just not sure whether it is German-only or just optional.

Will report back once I have tried!

Just wanted to report that I finally found a WinAmp AddOn pack, namely here:

http://www.german-nlite.de/index.php?act=d...ls&f_id=235

Haven't tested it myself, yet, but I'm quite positive it will work fine (I know some other stuff made by the same guy so I'm confident ;) ).

I'm just not sure whether it is German-only or just optional.

Will report back once I have tried!

Any news yet on the German addon having English option too? I tried the version Rick suggested, but I didnt have any luck making an addon of it. I thought to dl the German version and try it, but I decided not to when I remembered that I took all other languages but english out of my current xp installation. :welcome:

No, not yet.

I haven't come as far as testing it because I had to deal with a nasty dbghelp.dll (anyone ever heared of that?) in conjunction with a WMP11 addon first (which meant minimum addon integration in order to troubleshoot the problem).

It didn't occur on my latest ISO last night so maybe I will do a full one (incl. WA) tonight.

Once I know you can switch it back to English I will tell you here :)

And yes, I know what that is like.

I am currently trying to get as much of my stuff to German (most addons are multiligual already so you only have to switch in settings).

Either that or I am moving to an English copy of XP (anyone got a cheap one to sell? :D).

This mixed-language stuff isn't that nice, IMO.

(and, as you may have figured already, it's not because I couldn't speak English ;), but I like stuff in order and sharing a similar appearance)

I haven't come as far as testing it because I had to deal with a nasty dbghelp.dll (anyone ever heared of that?) in conjunction with a WMP11 addon first (which meant minimum addon integration in order to troubleshoot the problem).
I have had this... can you post a list of addons that you integrate when you get this?

BTW I solve this by integrating Kels's Runtimes addon which includes a updated dbghelp.dll file (add it to integrate last to your nLite addons so it overwrites the corrupt dbghelp) http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1247

I have had this... can you post a list of addons that you integrate when you get this?

Unfortunately, I haven't narrowed it down enough to find out which one exactly was causing this.

As I am using about 40 addons (or so, I never counted them, but it is a lot!), that would take weeks to find out, I guess... :/

Anyway, using only a minimum of Windows Updates, IE7, DX9, WMP11 and some other system-near stuff, it worked fine.

BTW I solve this by integrating Kels's Runtimes addon which includes a updated dbghelp.dll file (add it to integrate last to your nLite addons so it overwrites the corrupt dbghelp) http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1247

Thanks, I already am including Kels runtimes (along with all hos other **** fine addons ;)), however, quite at the start and not the end of my long list.

I will try moving it to the very last position and see how that turns out, then.

The strange thing is, even overwriting the DLL with the one from my current installation (on which WMP11 works) did not cure this.

I already figured it must be one of the addons which overwrites it, though.

I'll keep you all updated on hos that turns out for me :)