[Addon] Blue XP Task Manager

Like this very much, thank you all

I do want to have a blue icon as well, just to have it all in the same *design". I'm no computer artist, so can anyone help me with a icon with blue instead of green? Have searched, but not yet found any. I edited the icon 107 & 118 in axialis, and managed to get a blue color on the 'RGB icons' (using Hue). Would have been nice to have all in blue.

Uploaded the icons, from MrNxDmX's file, maybe someone can change the rest, or pont me to icons that replaces these ?

118.ico

107.ico

Edited by NoisySniper

Hi Ricks, thanks for good addon. But I'm having problem with this addon. I integrate this addon into my XP SP3 along with other addon (Windows XP Post SP3 UpdatePack 1.0.9 +WMP11 ,SP3 WBEM Fix AddOn v1.1 and System Patch by Zacam) but my task manager won't turn blue. For your information I'm using RyanVM integrater 1.5.3. Please help me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Blue XP Task Manager for Windows XP SP3 v5.1.2600.5512 by lsdmeasap

tabdownload.png Updated for SP3 May 10-08

Thanks ricktendo, anyway we could get a re-upload as wincerts DL manager no longer works? Maybe an updated file version too perhaps? So far this is the only 5512 version I could find and I dont have the patience to go through all the hex on my own to experiment :)

Thanks ricktendo, anyway we could get a re-upload as wincerts DL manager no longer works? Maybe an updated file version too perhaps? So far this is the only 5512 version I could find and I dont have the patience to go through all the hex on my own to experiment :)

Sorry, for this, I'll transfer all of the files from our download manger to our new server when I'll get free time, ASAP. Until then I'll fix links as they're requested..

Here's the download link:

tabdownload.png

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If the link can again be made active thanks :-)

Also I used miTeC Hexadecimal Editor to try and hack the original SP3 file myself with some success. Below are the values I found and if anyone can fix any errors etc. that would be great. Basically I ran a search on the blue version (since those colors would be less difficult to pinpoint) then compared the # of searches to get there with the original taskmgr.exe which should yield the proper place to edit the colors. It worked somewhat but the rest is kinda tough, here ya go.

Performance Tab

Percent Meters (2nd search not 1st on the line) - Hex 00ff00 - Address 0x15FB0

CPU Usage (Number) - Hex 00ff00 - Address 0x054B0

Pagefile Usage (Number) - Hex 00ff00 - Address 0x056D0

CPU Usage History (Line) - Hex 00ff00 - Address 0x00FE0

Pagefile (Line) - Hex ffff00 - Address 0x01000

Grid (Both) - Hex 008040 - Address 0x04DC0

Network Tab

The Numbers - Hex ffff00 - Address 0x078B0

Vertical Line - Hex ffff00 - Address 0x01020

WAN + LAN (Line Color) 2nd search not 1st on the line) - Hex 00ff00 - Address 0x01020

Grid - Hex 008040 - Address 0x07B10

Percent bar backgrounds appear to be embedded image. Use Resource Hacker to edit.

I've made a modified version of the blue + original, here have a download + look http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zizyttmvm4z

43711435.png

31418504.png

It seems the system tray replacements must be icons, I tried png's but nothing showed up. However I was using Anolis Resourcer 0.9 which automatically fixes the CRC (during a save) of these files like ModifyPE can. So it may not be an issue for Resource Hacker.

Don't forget the percent bars and system tray icons seem to be a resource, so you'll need to modify them manually in an image editor if you want to change the colors. I assume Ricktendo did that and he dramatically improved them in the process so I kept them. Maybe later I'll try making new ones for myself :S

Edited by sderenzi

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...