How to merge reg file

shahed

If so, just like this.

Just replace the path and file name with your own.

Works like a charm for me :)

Helmi, I am only starting to understand the other methods of integration. I have been reading about the different points during installation when reg. entries can be integrated into the registry. From looking at the "last session. ini" file in my nLited XP folder, I have noticed the entry for GUI Run Once files to be added via Nlite.

Is the method you are suggesting here the Gui Run Once type?

This method imports the reg. keys at first user logon after install completes, yes?

I am trying to figure out how to integrate my reg. keys before the reboot prior to first logon. I have been experimenting with the $OEM$ folder, but I cant seem to get it to work right for me.

In the screenshot you provided, I can see that is related to OO Defrag. Are you adding your registration info for OO defrag. 10 in this shot? Adding my product registration keys to the registry would be a huge time saver for me but I cant seem to work it out. Any ideas or advice? :welcome:

i found a way to add reg keys to xp within xp installation not after first logon, here is what i used, the createur addon maker. the program has a tab for reg/info files go to that tab and select your reg key file and it will make to an addon, then slipstream this addon with rvm integrater and this will add the keys to windows registry during installation. well i have not tested it yet but i will let you know if it works or not.

Helmi, I am only starting to understand the other methods of integration. I have been reading about the different points during installation when reg. entries can be integrated into the registry. From looking at the "last session. ini" file in my nLited XP folder, I have noticed the entry for GUI Run Once files to be added via Nlite.

Is the method you are suggesting here the Gui Run Once type?

In that case, I strongly suggest you just use nLite to add this, just they way I did.

Least chance of doing something wrong and you aren't missing out on something by not doing it manually, either ;)

This method imports the reg. keys at first user logon after install completes, yes?

Yes, and silently, due to the /s switch.

I am trying to figure out how to integrate my reg. keys before the reboot prior to first logon. I have been experimenting with the $OEM$ folder, but I cant seem to get it to work right for me.

I'm not sure if that is even possible (not that I know...).

What would be the potential gain in this?

I'm not sure how this would be affected by stuff such as sysprep, however, as long as you install from a simple disc, I think this method is sufficient.

In the screenshot you provided, I can see that is related to OO Defrag. Are you adding your registration info for OO defrag. 10 in this shot? Adding my product registration keys to the registry would be a huge time saver for me but I cant seem to work it out. Any ideas or advice? :welcome:

Just search the board for it, there's an O&O Defrag 10 AddOn and I took the reg file info all from that thread (thanks to Rick!).

I just didn't want to rebuild the AddOn hence I applied the reg info that way.

Also, using the method keeps things tidy when you use a lot of apps that require reg info, plus, you won't have to rebuild each and every pack as it gets updated, too.

If you want/need the reg file (minus the "relevant" info, of course ;)), just raise a hand :)

• 2 years later...